The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The 1st Fastlane Poker "home game" Is In The Books!

Red

Nigerian Lottery Prince
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
353%
Feb 23, 2010
Phoenix
Sounds good, I should be easy money. I'm going to hit up @snowbank for the ultimate tutorial the night before.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Sounds good, I should be easy money. I'm going to hit up @snowbank for the ultimate tutorial the night before.

Snowbank won't be able to help you cause we aren't playing NLHE all night. We play a bunch of different card games that MJ makes up. ;)

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Snowbank won't be able to help you cause we aren't playing NLHE all night. We play a bunch of different card games that MJ makes up

If you actually tallied my winnings from NLHE and the crazy games, I'd bet I've won more at NLHE. So you guys can try using another excuse. :smuggy:

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I posted this here because after the 1st poker game (or maybe it was the 2nd?) @AllenCrawley and I instituted a rule of no smartphones at the games. This was because, well, some of us checked out of the game and checked into the mindlessness of our devices.

This video has 22+ million views. Its a great example why sometimes you just need to ban the phone. Meet. Look up.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
It's that time again. MJ will have home field advantage now. Not that he needed any more help taking our money.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
I will add $10 to the pot for anyone that can beat the master's a$$ tonight. Go.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I will add $10 to the pot for anyone that can beat the master's a$$ tonight.

Define beat? An overall loss of cash? The big loser? Or that I just don't come out as top winner? I lose pots all the time -- I just lose the fewest and come out on top after its all said and done. :D :p

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Define beat? An overall loss of cash? The big loser? Or that I just don't come out as top winner? I lose pots all the time -- I just lose the fewest and come out on top after its all said and done. :D :p

You don't worry about that. I was talking to the suckers.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Here is MJ

david_williams-big.gif

Here is JasonR
ggg-new.gif

And Borris
zksdp3.gif

And Allen
norm.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
So last night I was removed from my throne... but still retain my place in royalty.

The results were

@JasonR - +$145
@AllenCrawley - +43
@MJ DeMarco +$39

@biophase - $-8
@AndrewNC - $-21
@Trevor Kuntz : -$89
@Red - BANKRUPT

Congrats Jason for finally removing yourself from a regular contributor to the poker winnings.

Not a lot of money moved around as @biophase introduced some non-poker game that rivaled UNO. That grabbed about 2 hours of the game.

Some interesting tidbits for the night:

-- Everyone ate the healthy food first. No one touched the beer, the Oreos, and the other garbage snacks, until, all the healthy food was gone. I can't tell you how cool that is!

-- Cell phones will be confiscated before entering next months' game and deposited in the bank. "No cell phones" and "Put them away" in a firm voice appears not to be very effective. :meh: Your cell phone will be your ticket in. Looks at the phone will cost $5 assuming the look is taken in a non-designated break time. :yuck:

Red

Nigerian Lottery Prince
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
353%
Feb 23, 2010
Phoenix
Didn't I read somewhere on this forum that if you don't go bankrupt at least once, you're not doing something right?

I'm pretty sure I'm just setting myself up for success.... or some such drivel to make myself feel better... *sigh*

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ

Mrs. BRKb

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Apr 27, 2008
USA
Clearly @Red held back showing respect as the newcomer. Gracious, very gracious. Otherwise you could have been stomped.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
Now the important part - how much money was cumulatively made at that table, while you were all just playing games?

That's an interesting question. I wonder if we could figure that out. :pompus:

Your question caused me to reflect on that night again. Here's some interesting tidbits from those 6-7 hours that had nothing to do with poker.
  • One was continually checking their phone because a shipment of theirs was held up in customs and there was lots of back and forth emails and texts.
  • One shared a video that was created for a landing page that facebook traffic will be driven to. Asking for feedback and critiques.
  • One gained a slight edge in poker by taking a focus and energy supplement sold by one of our own members @benhebert.
  • One announced that they are quitting their well paid j.o.b. to pursue their fastlane business full time.
  • Even tho @MJ DeMarco bought some junk food, others brought healthy food and all of us choose the healthy food.
  • Great conversations around business, funnels, marketing, networking, health, relationships and travel.
  • A few of us stuck around after the game to soak up the views, sounds, atmosphere and all around awesomeness from MJ's balcony while @Trevor Kuntz masterfully played classical music on the baby grand piano.
  • Oh, and we also learned that MJ has no idea how to control the air condition in his new home.

Red

Nigerian Lottery Prince
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
353%
Feb 23, 2010
Phoenix
Oh, and we also learned that MJ has no idea how to control the air condition in his new home.

LMFAOOOO I secretly tried to set it to hold at 68F. I was shooting for winter wonderland.

benhebert

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
234%
Dec 3, 2012
Traveling
That's an interesting question. I wonder if we could figure that out. :pompus:

Your question caused me to reflect on that night again. Here's some interesting tidbits from those 6-7 hours that had nothing to do with poker.
  • One was continually checking their phone because a shipment of theirs was held up in customs and there was lots of back and forth emails and texts.
  • One shared a video that was created for a landing page that facebook traffic will be driven to. Asking for feedback and critiques.
  • One gained a slight edge in poker by taking a focus and energy supplement sold by one of our own members @benhebert.
  • One announced that they are quitting their well paid j.o.b. to pursue their fastlane business full time.
  • Even tho @MJ DeMarco bought some junk food, others brought healthy food and all of us choose the healthy food.
  • Great conversations around business, funnels, marketing, networking, health, relationships and travel.
  • A few of us stuck around after the game to soak up the views, sounds, atmosphere and all around awesomeness from MJ's balcony while @Trevor Kuntz masterfully played classical music on the baby grand piano.
  • Oh, and we also learned that MJ has no idea how to control the air condition in his new home.

Awesome to hear that you're happy with the product! Anything you can do to get an edge in business / work / life / gambling helps. I only wish that CILTEP / SMART CAFFEINE impacted my last trip to Atlantic City. I think I lost $1,500 or so during a bachelor party... well worth the unspeakable memories though :)

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
Third and most important, it illustrates that the forum is much more than "how do I grow my business" or "how do I make money" but about forging relationships OFFLINE as much as ONLINE.

I used to play a "home game" in Chicago before moving to Phoenix. When I moved, it stopped and I truly didn't realize how much I missed it until I played again, AND with a bunch of entrepreneurs who "get it". The conversation is illuminating -- instead of talking about how much one's boss is a dick or "my hours were cut", we are talking about sales funnels, conversion rates, and marketing ideas.

Folks, use this forum to your advantage. Contribute. Forge relationships. Find like minders in your area, go for coffee, get a poker home game going, or run your own B&P meetup.

How many other Fastlane Home Poker games have been set up out there?

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Didn't I read somewhere on this forum that if you don't go bankrupt at least once, you're not doing something right?
I'm pretty sure I'm just setting myself up for success....

Yes, that is correct. And I think i also heard, that those that went bankrupt more than once seem to have the MOST success :)

:D

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.