The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Seed $$$$?

Gale4rc

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Sep 23, 2013

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
im allergic to jobs

my company doesnt offer a product or service to the public

id like to acquire this money in a month because theres a certain office id like to base my company out of that could bring some significant advantages

QxpHq0D.jpg

Noxtus

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
30%
Jul 27, 2014
So from what you're saying:

- Need 50K to start a company
- Can't get a loan or find investors
- No product or service (this is still VERY weird)
- Need money in a month because you want to rent a space which will provide advantages. I'm assuming the location is a place your target market frequents?

I'm now even more confused than when I first started...
im sorry when you say it like that i see why youre confused. ok let me try to elaborate while also not revealing anything. My company does not offer services or products to the public it offers its service to the company its self? ok that still sounds odd i know but just take my word for it ok? also i want the office space for the people who are currently there now and are offering to let me share it with them not for any sort of market reason.

also to the other people on this thread; yea sorry i dont have time to "take a break" I have things that need to be done. I will continue to look for a route to taking my company public i posted on here hoping to maybe find something that i had missed but instead i was bombarded with doubt and redundancy. I'd happily post my business plan on here just to prove it to you but that would be foolish of me.

Noxtus

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
30%
Jul 27, 2014
But thanks anyways. I look forward to posting a progress thread on here some time : )

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

DennisD

Mini Media Mogul
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jun 16, 2012
Bali, Indonesia
it doesnt exactly work for my unique situation
Story of my life bro. For real.
I have no credit, I owe money here and there, I've had family members ruin my good name, friends and family are broke, banks wont talk to me, I don't have a cell phone a home phone, I don't have a car, I've gone years without a mailing address or ID.

When you're the exception to the rule, other people's advice need not apply.
It's a waste of time for you because they can't help.
On top of that, it's frustrating for THEM because all they see is a list of excuses, not a list of reasons.

Best way to navigate your way through tough situations is to stand back, and write down advice as if you were giving it to someone ELSE in this situation. You're too close to give accurate advice, pretend it's somebody else. Then, execute on your ideas.

Boom.
Done.

Noxtus

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
30%
Jul 27, 2014
Story of my life bro. For real.
I have no credit, I owe money here and there, I've had family members ruin my good name, friends and family are broke, banks wont talk to me, I don't have a cell phone a home phone, I don't have a car, I've gone years without a mailing address or ID.

When you're the exception to the rule, other people's advice need not apply.
It's a waste of time for you because they can't help.
On top of that, it's frustrating for THEM because all they see is a list of excuses, not a list of reasons.

Best way to navigate your way through tough situations is to stand back, and write down advice as if you were giving it to someone ELSE in this situation. You're too close to give accurate advice, pretend it's somebody else. Then, execute on your ideas.

Boom.
Done.
thank you very much. I will try this and hopefully find something out for my self. thanks again for this it is the only helpful thing ive gained from posting this. making it a success : )

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
I call BS on all of it. I still don't have good credit, never looked for investor funds, etc. I highly doubt you truly need 50K.

You have yet to acknowledge the fact that I and several others pointed you to threads on bootstrapping and hustling. My guess is you're not willing to do the work necessary. About 12 years ago I made just over $40k in one month flipping 6 real estate contracts when I had a dire need for a lot cash in a short period. Where there is a will there is a way.

Another guess I have is that you weren't really serious about alternative or unorthodox ways of raising this money. You were hoping someone here would take enough interest and be willing to loan or invest the money for you.

Noxtus

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
30%
Jul 27, 2014
The big money players didn't take you seriously. No one here is taking you seriously. I see a trend. Do you?
yes ive already discerned that it would be hard for people to take me serious probably mostly because of my age and experience. Im a big history buff and ive noticed a similar trend through out history; there are certain people who do not accept the road that has been laid out before then and thus work to set out and make a new one. These people are often ridiculed and not taken seriously. The doubt becomes something of a driving force for them and they work on, constantly being opposed until the very moment they succeed. Another thing ive noticed is history always repeats its self. Whether you know it or not.

Noxtus

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
30%
Jul 27, 2014
I call BS on all of it. I still don't have good credit, never looked for investor funds, etc. I highly doubt you truly need 50K.

You have yet to acknowledge the fact that I and several others pointed you to threads on bootstrapping and hustling. My guess is you're not willing to do the work necessary. About 12 years ago I made just over $40k in one month flipping 6 real estate contracts when I had a dire need for a lot cash in a short period. Where there is a will there is a way.

Another guess I have is that you weren't really serious about alternative or unorthodox ways of raising this money. You were hoping someone here would take enough interest and be willing to loan or invest the money for you.

Why would i lie about needing 50k? You cant possibly know my situation. I would counter that because i have presented a question which many of you could not answer you resort to opposing it instead. Its a common human defense mechanism. as for your last "guess" i posted this hoping to find just that unorthodox and alternative ways of getting the funding i need. The back of my mind hoped that maybe someone would indeed take interest and move to help me with my project but i highly doubted this would happen but considered it a possible pro of posting this.
furthermore, i find you would have helped me more if you had instead told me how you made 40k in a month flipping contracts as this is something that maybe i could take away from. instead you chose to say that all i said was a lie.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
Why would i lie about needing 50k?

I didn't mean to insinuate that you were lying. Only that you 'think' you need that much but in reality could be done with much less money.

I would counter that because i have presented a question which many of you could not answer you resort to opposing it instead. Its a common human defense mechanism.

Many have already answered this question in many other threads. If you could raise the money in 30 days with some hard work, sweat and tears AND not have to pay back a loan or give up equity, would that be worth it?

G

GuestUser113

popcorn_seinfeld.gif

Why would i lie about needing 50k? You cant possibly know my situation. I would counter that because i have presented a question which many of you could not answer you resort to opposing it instead. Its a common human defense mechanism. as for your last "guess" i posted this hoping to find just that unorthodox and alternative ways of getting the funding i need. The back of my mind hoped that maybe someone would indeed take interest and move to help me with my project but i highly doubted this would happen but considered it a possible pro of posting this.
furthermore, i find you would have helped me more if you had instead told me how you made 40k in a month flipping contracts as this is something that maybe i could take away from. instead you chose to say that all i said was a lie.

https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/co...-those-that-can-think-in-the-fast-lane.46803/
https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/co...hose-that-can-think-in-the-fast-lane-2.47214/

Read this.

Last edited by a moderator:

QDF

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Jan 1, 2014
About 12 years ago I made just over $40k in one month flipping 6 real estate contracts when I had a dire need for a lot cash in a short period. Where there is a will there is a way.
@Noxtus ^Why not try something like this?

Start here: https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/co...the-mentor-group-free-real-estate-book.44754/

Anything you can't find there, you can find online, in books or by talking to people

Noxtus

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
30%
Jul 27, 2014
I didn't mean to insinuate that you were lying. Only that you 'think' you need that much but in reality could be done with much less money.

i assure you ive done the numbers the minimum i need is 35k but thats cutting it really close. my ideal number is 50k :)

@Noxtus ^Why not try something like this?

Start here: https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/co...the-mentor-group-free-real-estate-book.44754/

Anything you can't find there, you can find online, in books or by talking to people

thanks!!!! that is something i can actually work with! i may have a little trouble cus currently im broke as a joke after giving up my old life but i think i may be able to work something out with the original owners of these run down places. thank you.

^^^^ lol sorry i only read the beginning about the idea before i replied. looks like it will be even easier than that q:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
These people are often ridiculed and not taken seriously.

People will take you seriously when you have skin in the game-- you have none. When you are perceived to have gone all in and done everything that is required is when people will take you seriously. Frankly, I'm seeing none of that here. It's easier to post "give me money" than to actually engage in a process that will help you either 1) Earn the money or 2) Attract the money.

What makes you any different from this guy? (Just another day of my emails...)

Screen shot 2014-08-15 at 4.55.51 PM (2).png

Actionary

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Aug 14, 2014
there are several issues with your "50k idea".

1- There's no business plan sketched out (If you expect someone to put their hard earned money into your idea, then you need to do your ground work).
2- That Bootstrapping Plan was solid (Gaining Authority, and Trust and Turning The Knowledge Gained into a Product Is Great Market Research And Product Creation)
3- If you don't sell a product or service, you have nothing but a fantasy. Even the most poorly looked upon ways to earn money legitimately have a product or service.
4- Put Some Skin in the game - If you arent willing to get an extra job, eat out less or start doing whatever it takes to get this started, who will take you seriously enough to invest?
5- The Vision: No one can see what's inside your head. Pay someone on fiverr to help draw out what you are trying to do. If you dont want to spend $5-$20 on this, its a sign that you wont do well in this venture, and if someone is stupid enough to fund this, without you doing your research, they deserve to lose their money.
6- "im allergic to jobs" - dont get me started on this one.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
what the F*ck did I just read

Justin.p

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Jul 10, 2014
Austin, TX
Why would i lie about needing 50k? You cant possibly know my situation.

I have no doubt about your "need" for the money, there are a thousand people out there who honestly and genuinely believe in their heart of hearts that it is a small investment or seed money that is keeping them from launching a business that would within days explode and bring them unfathomable riches.

My brother is one such person -- and he did get his funding! Over, and over, and over again - he has had 4 different fail-proof business ideas. They didn't sound bad, honestly! He is also clearly has a high IQ and honestly is more articulate/a better writer than you (he has an uncanny ability to approach a complete stranger and get them to take him very seriously at the onset, regardless of the fact that he was 18 years old and quite short, he has the sociopath charm). He applied for credit cards in my mother's name, intercepted them from the mail, and maxed them out over and over. $10,000 at a time. He told my parents he wanted to go to college, cancelled all his classes in the first week and requested a refund check for the tuition be issued in his name (USA privacy laws - it is illegal for the university to inform my parents that he did this). He did this over and over again!

My mother would find out months later about the credit cards when she'd get a phone call demanding payment. He rented an office that was "crucial to the success of his business". He spent $3,000 on a billboard. He had over 1 year in that office - he was sleeping on the floor there... he never felt guilty, because he was always confident that he was just so many days from being able to pay back every penny to my mother.

He never earned a single penny. It is 5 years on, my parents continue to allow him to get away with it, telling him next time they'll press charges and he'll go to jail, always next time, and nothing has changed, he's still in lala land. I believe he may very well be one of the greatest wantrepreneurs the world has ever seen.

This lead me to my view. If you "need" money to start a business that "can't fail", you are way the F*ck ahead of yourself. You mention history? Well, of course someone has been just a wee little "fifty-THOUSAND dollars" investment away from making it big on their first try. The problem is those are lottery-like odds, and everyone is always smug enough to think they are the one™, the exception to the rule.

I do not want to be argumentative or flame here, sorry if personal family experience makes me emotional. Suggestion is just: instead of trying to prove us all wrong by making millions with the big idea, why not find a bite-sized business idea of the size you can handle at this point in time, given your lack of capital, and make yourself some extra spending money to start. Prove yourself to yourself, then step on up.

Last edited:

Waisec

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Feb 6, 2014
Estonia
No product or service....

nicolascageconfusedemotions.gif

In on 50k ponzi scheme

InLikeFlint

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Nov 19, 2012
Michigan, USA
If it's still an idea then the 50k is probably extremely unnecessary. You shouldn't be searching for capital until you absolutely need it.

But life is about risks right? Okay, with no knowledge of what your idea is, no background on you, and no explanation of what this 'company' you expect an experienced investor to give you 50k? This is the textbook definition of blindly throwing money at something.

its beginning to seem unlikely.

Couldn't agree more.

InLikeFlint

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Nov 19, 2012
Michigan, USA
im allergic to jobs

Are you also allergic to hard work? I say get to a doctor or medical research company and let them run some tests on you - with this extremely uncommon reaction to jobs you could be setup to make millions while they test meds on you to find a cure!

Problem solved.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
ive dealt in cash my whole life i have no credit history at all job apartments everything under the table /:

I LOVE to invest in people who take money under the table! I'm in!

[HASHTAG]#IRS[/HASHTAG]

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
id like to acquire this money in a month because theres a certain office id like to base my company out of that could bring some significant advantages.

3215b3bc5a1bffe8ae75.jpg

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.