The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Rent your MtG cards: Business idea, need feedback

RHL

The coaching was a joke guys.
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
747%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ
I used to play CCGs, this idea is money. You're going to run into the same problem I have though. I have an idea for an immediately profitable and very hands-off rental business, but I cannot for the life of me find ecom software that allows you to go back to an old customer and reliably hit them with a penalty for damages that they don't specifically initiate, or loss of item, without charging the full amount and then refunding a portion like AutoZone does with tools. Hitting an online customer with the full value up front seems extremely off putting to me, but if you can solve this, no question it'd be valuable. They're just mad because this idea is like a digital download in a DVD world-it not only takes a bite out of Wizard's Multibillion dollar pie, but it actually alters the entire mechanic of how games are played.

As you know, CCG's were the real OG's of pay-to-win gaming. You bought tons of packs, and if luck wasn't with you, you paid out the a$$ for singles to get your deck running properly. People who couldn't pay couldn't be competitive. But if you could rent a $500 card for $20/tournament, they would be. My suggestion is that

People on the forums hate this because you're devaluing their investment and threatening their way of doing business. I am almost certain this would get traction, and I think it's one of the best ideas anyone has ever had on here.

sQri

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
Apr 27, 2014
I used to play CCGs, this idea is money. You're going to run into the same problem I have though. I have an idea for an immediately profitable and very hands-off rental business, but I cannot for the life of me find ecom software that allows you to go back to an old customer and reliably hit them with a penalty for damages that they don't specifically initiate, or loss of item, without charging the full amount and then refunding a portion like AutoZone does with tools. Hitting an online customer with the full value up front seems extremely off putting to me, but if you can solve this, no question it'd be valuable. They're just mad because this idea is like a digital download in a DVD world-it not only takes a bite out of Wizard's Multibillion dollar pie, but it actually alters the entire mechanic of how games are played.

As you know, CCG's were the real OG's of pay-to-win gaming. You bought tons of packs, and if luck wasn't with you, you paid out the a$$ for singles to get your deck running properly. People who couldn't pay couldn't be competitive. But if you could rent a $500 card for $20/tournament, they would be. My suggestion is that

People on the forums hate this because you're devaluing their investment and threatening their way of doing business. I am almost certain this would get traction, and I think it's one of the best ideas anyone has ever had on here.

I agree, the hardest parts should be issues with the money.

I think, it is obvious, that charging the money upfront is a bad idea.

I don't know if this one of the best ideas anyone had, but thank you! [emoji3]

jlwilliams

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Dec 14, 2014
There may be a method to learn from in the hotel industry. When you rent a room you put your credit card on account. When you check out, you pay for your short term room rental. If, after you leave, housekeeping finds that you caused expensive damage to the property, you get charged for it. There must be a way to do this with other rentals like the one you propose.

This is also an opportunity. Whoever creates this software/billing method gets a piece of the pie.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

RHL

The coaching was a joke guys.
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
747%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ
I think, it is obvious, that charging the money upfront is a bad idea.

To be clear, I didn't mean in terms of probable monetary value, but the combination of innovation and weird thinking really tickled me. I think this'll do well.

sQri

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
Apr 27, 2014
There may be a method to learn from in the hotel industry. When you rent a room you put your credit card on account. When you check out, you pay for your short term room rental. If, after you leave, housekeeping finds that you caused expensive damage to the property, you get charged for it. There must be a way to do this with other rentals like the one you propose.

This is also an opportunity. Whoever creates this software/billing method gets a piece of the pie.

Yeah, that's the way I'd would like to do it.

Right now, I'm writing a text for the people who registered on the site.

sQri

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
Apr 27, 2014
I've written a text, is anybody interesterd in reading it?

Since I'm German, I have to translate it first.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.