The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My life sucks, so I'm going to make $1,000,000 in 12 months

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

JoeB

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
218%
Jul 17, 2014
UK
Isn't the whole point of this learning how to take control of your income and scaling it?

If the goal wasn't to make $1M in a year, but to work an extra hour a day, he would be successful at working 24 hours a day...because that was what he was focused on.

My 2¢.

Yes, but it's like anything, you need to have the right foundation.

If you can't even control yourself enough not to laze around all day doing zero work, surfing the web, then how can you expect to control and scale your income?

You have to get the fundamentals sorted first, which from this and other recent threads by the OP, is what he is struggling with.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

csalvato

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
May 5, 2014
Rocky Mountain West
Yes, but it's like anything, you need to have the right foundation.

If you can't even control yourself enough not to laze around all day doing zero work, surfing the web, then how can you expect to control and scale your income?

You have to get the fundamentals sorted first, which from this and other recent threads by the OP, is what he is struggling with.

I talk to Jake a lot on Skype these days. My opinion isn't that OP needs to just start hammering away at working 24 hours a day. He needs direction towards a definite purpose and a chief aim in his life. If his goal is to make $1M, he will learn how to make that happen.

And whenever my income has taken disproportionate leaps upward, it has been because I was working less and thinking more, so my actions were more impactful, personally.

The lessons of providing value, networking, taking action, etc. will follow if he truly has a burning desire to be the $1M man he wants to be in 1 year's time.

JoeB

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
218%
Jul 17, 2014
UK
I talk to Jake a lot on Skype these days. My opinion isn't that OP needs to just start hammering away at working 24 hours a day. He needs direction towards a definite purpose and a chief aim in his life. If his goal is to make $1M, he will learn how to make that happen.

Well that's the same as I advised, to build a work ethic and come up with ideas, not sure why you are disagreeing and saying my advice is to hammer away working 24hr a day :S

tafy

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Aug 21, 2013
UK
Oh dear, I havent seen one of these threads for a while now.

Setting a goal like making 1 million in 5 years time in revenue would have been better. But you seem to want it in a year and without a business yet.

My personal goal is making enough money to live on from a fastlane business. Even a goal like this is not easy.

Good luck though!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Whatever you made last month, say $920, your next month goal should be to top that. And that's it. And before that, you need to have a defined plan with a defined vehicle. I don't see neither.

These kinds of declarations are likened to a football team talking about their Super Bowl gameplan during the preseason.

I wish you luck but you know what? In the 7 years the forum has been around these declarative threads are batting ZERO. Yup, 0 for gazillion. In other words, the entire sample size of those who posted declaratives, ZERO have come back and said "Hey guys! I did it and this is how!"

The question is, what makes you different than the dozens that came before you?

Every progress thread capable of churning millions, none of them started with the premise, "I'm going to make a million bucks this year!" Nope. Each started with a defined plan and a defined vehicle. Again, good luck -- the forum will pull for you, but we've also seen a lot of action faking come-and-go as well.

Seriously, he smokes the cheapest cigars you can buy, lol.

:cool::D:p

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
james altucher's waiter pad seems to be the place to start this journey....

Jakeeck

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Jun 24, 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
Day 2 finished. Made $85 today.

Month 1: $124/$1,000
T5ftC3R.png

Goodnight :)

Mr.B

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Nov 8, 2014
Australia
Negative outcomes lead to the dark side

The dark side's callin' now
Nothin' is real
She'll never know just how I feel
From out of the shadows
She walks like a dream
Makes me feel crazy
Makes me feel so mean

I think that the problem is that desiring the $1M is the wrong goal, or wrong objective.

I agree with @Writer - the focus should be on what value you can provide and what problems you can solve, rather than what you'll get.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
@Writer

Don't you listen??

Jakeeck said:
Therefore, I'm going to make $1,000,000 by November 11th, 2015. I'm going to do it in the fitness industry. Books/products/anything else I come up with.

Lol

Mr.B

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Nov 8, 2014
Australia
And before that, you need to have a defined plan with a defined vehicle. I don't see neither.

To those of you who've been around this forum for a while, can you please direct me to a thread where someone has a clearly defined plan? I've been thinking more and more about the direction that I am heading and would like to avoid event type declarations, however I haven't yet found a good example of a plan that I can study to see how to plan things 'right' so to speak.

Apologies in advance if this information is easily found and I'm missing something obvious. Thanks.

[Edit: I've just become an INSIDERS as I realize that is probably where many of these well defined plans are.]

Last edited:

Emanuel

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Jun 23, 2014
USA
To those of you who've been around this forum for a while, can you please direct me to a thread where someone has a clearly defined plan? I've been thinking more and more about the direction that I am heading and would like to avoid event type declarations, however I haven't yet found a good example of a plan that I can study to see how to plan things 'right' so to speak.

Apologies in advance if this information is easily found and I'm missing something obvious. Thanks.

[Edit: I've just become an INSIDERS as I realize that is probably where many of these well defined plans are.]
https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/community/threads/diary-of-opening-a-new-business.29468/

Last edited by a moderator:

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Day 2 finished. Made $85 today.

Month 1: $124/$1,000
T5ftC3R.png

At the rate you are going, I doubt you will hit your goals. You see, if you wanted to really make $1,000,000 in 12 months, your status reports would probably look like this.

Nov 12 - $0
Nov 13 - $0
Nov 14 - $0
until
Feb 1 - $100
Feb 2 - $98
Feb 3 - $105

Maybe you are posting your current residual income and not the income of your big venture, but if not this is not the right direction. The $124 in 2 days does not mean much. How you get it is much more important

Mr.B

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Nov 8, 2014
Australia
Last edited by a moderator:

ThexArm

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
122%
Sep 27, 2014
I guess the OP already have created a product which he already started selling online. I think He is posting revenue from that product. By aiming for the million he may end up reaching few hundred thousands. Which is way better than his $12k per annum income.

I feel it's better to rally behind and encourage him than pull him down with our logic and smartness.

It is possible that he may not get $1k in first month or double it in second month. But if he keeps doing the advertising, social media marketing and tie ups with gyms etc in the later part of the year he can see the results just going over the roof. It is important to keep believing in the idea and product then doing the right things to get success. I am sure he can do it.

Good luck mate.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
Judging from his posts, his income is from freelancer writing, only small portion a product. But it seems like he is too cool to answer questions in this thread and will just post his daily revenues.

Of course he also hasnt stated what exactly the 1MM is. Revenue? Gross profit? Net Profit? Personal income? BIG BIG BIG difference.

This thread is a perfect example of how NOT to do it.

mt_myke

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Mar 25, 2014
Montana
Of course he also hasnt stated what exactly the 1MM is. Revenue? Gross profit? Net Profit? Personal income? BIG BIG BIG difference.

Which one of these is the "standard"? I know what they all mean, but when you're pitching and someone asks "What are your sales?" what specific figure are they asking for? I know it's not net profit, but is it top-end revenue, EBITDA, or ???

Mr.B

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Nov 8, 2014
Australia
I feel it's better to rally behind and encourage him than pull him down with our logic and smartness.

I don't think anyone in this thread is trying to pull @Jakeeck down. They are just calling him on his BS.

I wish I was part of this forum five years ago, as a thread like this (where people provide real feedback) would have saved me from investing a lot of time and money into something that was poorly planned and executed.

Last edited:

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
Which one of these is the "standard"? I know what they all mean, but when you're pitching and someone asks "What are your sales?" what specific figure are they asking for? I know it's not net profit, but is it top-end revenue, EBITDA, or ???
They are what they are.. Cant really group together without confusion. Sales = revenue IMO.

csalvato

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
May 5, 2014
Rocky Mountain West
I know what they all mean, but when you're pitching and someone asks "What are your sales?" what specific figure are they asking for?

Sales = Revenues

ThexArm

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
122%
Sep 27, 2014
I wish I was part of this forum five years ago, as a thread like this (where people provide real feedback) would have saved me from investing a lot of time and money into something that was poorly planned and executed.

You have a valuable point there. I too did similar thing by investing hell a lot of money in a business which turned out to be a dud. My motivation was to earn a lot of money by running my own business and cut the chase in the rat race. The guy who sold the business was a very good sales man and a successful one. In his previous venture, He built a business from ground up and sold it to coca cola for $50 mil. I kind of trusted in his bullshit. By hindsight it would have been wise to size myself up before jumping. My problem was that I invested in his bullshit by borrowing money. Now that business doesn't work and he doesn't refund. So, I learnt a valuable lesson, don't make important decisions when you are frustrated. Your state of mind is a bit delusional.

Anyway, my point in relation to this thread is that op is frustrated that he is not doing as good as he would like to be. So he wants to change his mindset and do something about it. Although his goal is ambitious, he is not investing (gambling) money in so called get rich schemes. he is only trying sell his skills and experience in the form of books etc. It is more like a educational material and there are thousands of people ready to buy as long as the price is right and they know they can benefit from it.

The important part for him is to work on his marketing. He needs to select a target market and focus his efforts to reach that market. In the first month he must do the business plan, marketing plan and operational plan. It is not about what he is selling, it's about how he is helping the target customers. People buy his product only when they know they benefit from it.

So, if we can constructively help him in forming his mindset I don't think it is difficult to achieve his goals. He may not reach his goal in 1st year but he will surely reach it in 3rd or 4th year. He has a product which can help people to get fit and healthy. And he has time to develop the business.

Mr.B

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Nov 8, 2014
Australia
He may not reach his goal in 1st year but he will surely reach it in 3rd or 4th year. He has a product which can help people to get fit and healthy. And he has time to develop the business.

I completely get where you are coming from @ThexArm however, I disagree with you. I don't think that @Jakeeck will 'surely' make a million within 3 or 4 years. I hope I'm wrong about this and I respect him for getting off his a$$ and doing something - but execution does not necessarily equal success.

That being said, you gotta be in the game to win it.

The fitness industry is massive, but also highly competitive. I've worked with a guy a few years back who had a very well thought out plan, a unique product and a lot of knowledge from previous businesses in a different industry. I almost invested $10k as I really thought he'd crush it - but thankfully I trusted my gut, as he didn't last a year and only just broke even in the end.

@Jakeeck, I wish you the best in your venture, but I think you are going to need to bring A LOT more to the table if you want to make a $1MM from this. Please prove me wrong.

Charnell

Block me if you're a quack
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Oct 12, 2014
Kansas City
One thing I hate about the fitness industry is that the only way to do well is to make a product that is very broad, or cater to trends. If someone tries to design a product at a targeted niche, say an advanced powerlifting program, they might make a few thousand dollars for supplements from the few thousand intermediate or advanced level powerlifters. Someone else designs a shirt that says "Curls for the Girls", that caters to the millions of barely post pubescent to early 20s gym goers that do exactly that, curl for girls.

BRB designing a shirt that says Curls for the Girls.

Mark Anthony Le

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
173%
Nov 29, 2011
NY, New York
I've done strongman and powerlifting before.

The best bet I've seen most "fitness" experts win in the fastlane?

Take gear while bodybuilding towards an aesthetic body. Sell people via custom bodybuilding regimens and diet plans.

This has been by far the fastest I've seen someone go in the fastlane. Sure you have sixpackbags (whatever the name is) but I've seen people take gear and make the same if not equaivalent to the income the company makes in less than half the time sixpackbags took to get started.

Meaning, if you know what you're doing, gear can literally transform you into the next Zyzz (I was in the bodybuilding forums when he first started) and you can literally start printing money if you know what you're doing. But at the end of the day you're tied to the equation (unless you outsource all of the diet and workout regimens (unethical IMO)).

DISCLAIMER:
I'm not saying that gear is good for you nor do I condone the usage.

Could only make manage to make $20 today.

Month 1: $144/$1,000
ui2Z1zK.png

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads