The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Music that Motivates

G

Guest3722A

Let It Be - The Beatles What I like about these ones with lyrics is they're in many ways like VSLs. Too bad there isn't a way to see how long viewers here watch each video. @DanielTArgueta what is it that motivates you with that wtf video and what's your message with the riff raff videos... how exactly did you stumble across that wtf video?

Daniel A

DIESEL
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jun 20, 2013
California, USA
@topherea I'm just messing around with those two. The Riff Raff one was because it was in reference to another thread. wtf video ... I'm not even sure how I found it. I think I just typed in "wtf" into the YouTube search bar, lol. It made me laugh when I first found it. There's other versions and the song in the background of the original version is actually alright.

Here's a better version. Stop playing at after 0:56 though.

EDIT: Here's the song from the Pigmi Dance video. (believe it or not, lol)

Last edited:

Daniel A

DIESEL
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jun 20, 2013
California, USA
I didn't listen to this song completely (even though I've listened to others from the band) until yesterday. The music and lyrics are both great.

This is a song for those
who lost their hope
a long a long time ago
I know someday that you will find it somehow
Because you're not too old
to accomplish goals
and all the answers are within your soul
its up to you, you gotta figure it out
Uh huh

Whether you want love or money
Good fortune or fame
You want a brand new card
You want the world to change
You better take some action right now, oh yes
Because there's nothing in the world that you can't get
So don't fill your life with confusion and regret
You better take some chances right now

Well you can gain the world
but for the price of your soul
yes I know, well I know, yes I know
you can gain the world for the price of your soul
but I hope you take the road less traveled
and I hope you find the courage to grow
well I hope you find the courage to grow

So now you're 45
and you realize
just what you wanna do with your life
just took some time for you to figure it out
Cause everyone one of us
Has a purpose here
Sometimes its hidden underneath your fear
Just takes some time for the truth to come out

Rebelution - Courage To Grow

Last edited:

Dinho7

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Apr 7, 2014
South Florida
This one is good for focus and concentration

And I use this one when I have low energy and have to get tasks done in the end of the day

Dinho7

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Apr 7, 2014
South Florida
I didn't listen to this song completely (even though I've listened to others from the band) until yesterday. The music and lyrics are both great.

Rebelution - Courage To Grow

Can't believe you suggested this song. I love Rebelution!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
G

Guest3722A

chop suey System Of A Down
One of my favorites but can someone tell me why a non-conforming and crazy off the wall band like this has 1/4 billion views on this video??? wtf

Daniel A

DIESEL
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jun 20, 2013
California, USA
chop suey System Of A Down
One of my favorites but can someone tell me why a non-conforming and crazy off the wall band like this has 1/4 billion views on this video??? wtf

Dude, yes! I used to skate to SOAD all the time.

G

Guest3722A

Dude, yes! I used to skate to SOAD all the time.
Right now its 4:20 am est and that video has 249,011,013 views. It gained tens of thousands of views from when I posted it up til now. I'm interested in seeing how many more its picked up when i get back home and then how many when I get up tomorrow. That's some serious power though

edit- 70,599 in around 8hrs. 8825 per hr. rounded, but powerful. Mega hits are at 1/2 a billion plus, like Adele & Bruno Mars stuff and that someone I used to know tune. All those repeating listeners coming back for more. Interesting stuff and interesting to me because my (currently) very slow moving project is in an industry that I think has the potential to parallel but on a much smaller scale. Definitely would like to learn more about what makes a mega-hit to the end users. Using music, is it a sweet-spot connection with their audience? Certain harmonies that reach humans on a higher level? The structure?

Last edited by a moderator:

Daniel A

DIESEL
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jun 20, 2013
California, USA
@topherea It's up by a little over 100,000 already! Hahaha. Those are good questions man. I'm also curious about the psychology of that. I always really enjoyed music and I wish I had learned more about it when I was younger. I just went through a short course on "The Neuroscience of Learning" and they mentioned a case study of a guy who had lost almost all his memory, but he was still able to play musical pieces he had previously learned. Apparently since music activates so many areas of the brain, it's difficult to forget. Even after suffering brain damage.

Also, some more SOAD. ;)

@Ninjakid Yeah man! Also this one. :joyful:

P.S. This all reminds me of a guy I used to skate with named Emmanuel. Huge Greek guy who also played football. He was one of the few guys who could do an impossible and a hardflip. Really into SOAD too. One summer he would come over to my house a lot to play guitar hero and this was his song, hahahaha. I'm not going to post the music video, but look it up. Weird / Brutal.

Last edited:
G

Guest3722A

It's up by a little over 100,000 already! Hahaha. Those are good questions man. I'm also curious about the psychology of that. I always really enjoyed music and I wish I had learned more about it when I was younger. I just went through a short course on "The Neuroscience of Learning" and they mentioned a case study of a guy who had lost almost all his memory, but he was still able to play musical pieces he had previously learned. Apparently since music activates so many areas of the brain, it's difficult to forget. Even after suffering brain damage.
something that kinds sucks for me is I was a drum instructor for years and I was in an accident recently that took away much of the functionality in one of my hands that's needed for drumming. the muscles aren't firing right anymore. this accident has also messed with my sleep patterns which then leads to memory. not fun but is what it is

Its never too late to learn though. I've taught students of all ages from 3 to over 80

Daniel A

DIESEL
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jun 20, 2013
California, USA
something that kinds sucks for me is I was a drum instructor for years and I was in an accident recently that took away much of the functionality in one of my hands that's needed for drumming. the muscles aren't firing right anymore. this accident has also messed with my sleep patterns which then leads to memory. not fun but is what it is

Its never too late to learn though. I've taught students of all ages from 3 to over 80

Wow, I'll definitely check out some more then. In that course I mentioned earlier the "Every Good Boy Does Fine" mnemonic was also used an example of how to learn / remember better. Like you said too, music is powerful.

I'm very sorry to hear that man. Medical technology is improving and there's a lot of research being done. I hope there's a chance for you to get better. You seem to have a great mindset. Respect for that and keep it strong man.

Kreedos Phoenix

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Nov 30, 2014
Phoenix, AZ

This is for the haters, doubters. Those who ever did me wrong in the past. Those I tried to help but ignored me or dismissed me...Then come back around 3 months later trying to build...This is for them. This song goes in the gym by the way-definitely an add to the playlist if you're a hip hop fan.

G

Guest3722A

Wow, I'll definitely check out some more then. In that course I mentioned earlier the "Every Good Boy Does Fine" mnemonic was also used an example of how to learn / remember better. Like you said too, music is powerful.

I'm very sorry to hear that man. Medical technology is improving and there's a lot of research being done. I hope there's a chance for you to get better. You seem to have a great mindset. Respect for that and keep it strong man.
Thanks, I appreciate that. I wanted to put it out there because people sometimes have different hurdles that aren't seen by others. But that doesn't mean it'll stop someone with the right focus. Take a look at Hal Elrod. He had a pretty bad injury accident that was 100x worse than what I had and he found his way. My issue is I'm still dealing with it and when you're still not beyond the dust cloud, you're controlled somewhat by the exterior things. What really stinks is I need to have another surgery sometime soon, then the rehab and recovery will take forever.

Anyway, when I taught drum lessons I was able to relate to the student by using money. I would start with a dollar being equal to what's called a measure and then use quarters to help build a quick understanding of quarter notes. If my students were young, my first question was always "how many quarters in a dollar?" If they could answer that, I could teach em. If you look at a piece of music many times it will start with a fraction and one of the most common ones is 4/4. All this means is that there are 4 quarters per measure. Anyway, it worked well, and it helped to shape the foundation of reading music.

Kreedos Phoenix

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Nov 30, 2014
Phoenix, AZ
This is left field, but when I'm in full blown sales/creation/concentration mode, these two are gold mines for me.

And this here is on another level. The quality isnt up to par, but this helps me tune in to what I need to do, while tuning out the wackness of any neighbors I may have had to sit next to:

May be a bit weird but I'm an artist and far from normal lol.

Peace

Kreedos Phoenix

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Nov 30, 2014
Phoenix, AZ
Perfect! Thanks. I think I'm going to go up to the coffee shop with my laptop and check this out

You may like it. I got put up on brainwave entrainment last year and its been beneficial as far as helping me to focus in on what I need to do. There are different types. Definitely worth investigating.

Daniel A

DIESEL
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jun 20, 2013
California, USA
Thanks, I appreciate that. I wanted to put it out there because people sometimes have different hurdles that aren't seen by others. But that doesn't mean it'll stop someone with the right focus. Take a look at Hal Elrod. He had a pretty bad injury accident that was 100x worse than what I had and he found his way. My issue is I'm still dealing with it and when you're still not beyond the dust cloud, you're controlled somewhat by the exterior things. What really stinks is I need to have another surgery sometime soon, then the rehab and recovery will take forever.

Anyway, when I taught drum lessons I was able to relate to the student by using money. I would start with a dollar being equal to what's called a measure and then use quarters to help build a quick understanding of quarter notes. If my students were young, my first question was always "how many quarters in a dollar?" If they could answer that, I could teach em. If you look at a piece of music many times it will start with a fraction and one of the most common ones is 4/4. All this means is that there are 4 quarters per measure. Anyway, it worked well, and it helped to shape the foundation of reading music.

That's very true because I would have never guessed. I've read some things on the forum that make me cautious of what I say. That's a great point. Hal's story is actually pretty amazing. My younger brother tore his ACL during July. He had surgery, went to physical therapy and he's just now able to jog (not run) again. He was in track and cross-country and is going to hold off all that until his next school year. He's doing better though. I'm sure there's some silver lining for you though, right?

Hmmm. I was just looking at some videos on the quarter note topic now. Thanks for letting me in on that. It's still not entirely clear for me right now (had to look up definitions too, haha). So a measure could also be called a bar? And a quarter note has something to do with a time signature?

G

Guest3722A

That's very true because I would have never guessed. I've read some things on the forum that make me cautious of what I say. That's a great point. Hal's story is actually pretty amazing. My younger brother tore his ACL during July. He had surgery, went to physical therapy and he's just now able to jog (not run) again. He was in track and cross-country and is going to hold off all that until his next school year. He's doing better though. I'm sure there's some silver lining for you though, right?

Hmmm. I was just looking at some videos on the quarter note topic now. Thanks for letting me in on that. It's still not entirely clear for me right now (had to look up definitions too, haha). So a measure could also be called a bar? And a quarter note has something to do with a time signature?

Part of the fun with me is I ended up in emergency over the weekend. Wasn't expected. I went to a walk in clinic because of a problem that was related to one of the injuries and the Dr said I needed to go to emergency immediately. My injuries were life changing and its a new reality I have to deal with. That stuff ain't gonna hold me down though bro. The vision of my future is too strong, I've got it well mapped. Its just a slow go right now due to the medical stuff. This time will pass as time heals all. So, I best use this time to the best of my ability to shape myself towards this vision. I will get there.

As far as measures and bars go, the bar is the place where you perform. Heh. No actually a measure is what's between two bars. The bar is the first thing before all the stuff that's in the measure, then there's the next bar, followed by more stuff.

At this point in the game, that's a bunch of additional knowledge that really doesn't matter. Its one of those things that gets picked up in time with familiarity. I like using measure because it works along with the dollar visualization I try to initially build.

This video is solid with explaining quarters:

He uses "bar".

The problems many new students will face with his transition to three things at once is going to be coordination. I guarantee it. It can be done though but with a ton of repetition!

Shades

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 8, 2011
Yea.........I know. Its Miley.

Daniel A

DIESEL
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jun 20, 2013
California, USA
@topherea I really like your attitude man. Sorry for the late reply too -- my classes just started and it's rough getting used to the schedule. Seriously though, I hope you recover fully / as quick as possible and get what you want to get out of business / life.

Thank you for the video link. I'm going to see if I can learn to play (or at least get the basics), maybe in the summer. I know some people who play the drums and my brother actually learned the basics over a summer I think.

Bossopolis

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
243%
Jan 13, 2015

Semmy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Sep 16, 2014
Canary Islands, Spain
While I love to listen a lot to www.di.fm as they have great progressive house shows
and all other things electronic you can think of... here is a tip:

go search for http://www.transparentcorp.com - its a company I bought some software
from that helps you stimulate your brain. They have a product called MIND STEREO
where you can basically use and grab any of your favorite music and add brain stimuli
to it.

Highly recommended!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.