The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Millionaire By 25 Documentary

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

millionaireby25

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Apr 4, 2012
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
I just connected with the founder of 8tracks on Twitter and he has agreed to let me interview him. Very excited about this one. It's one of my favourite websites. Going to do the interview a little later this week so stay tuned for that!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

millionaireby25

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Apr 4, 2012
Starting to gain some media attention. First media publication interviewing me about my project, Millionaire By 25:

Become a Millionaire by 25: A Young Man's Goal | Millionaire Corner

Corey Wadden, a Nova Scotia native, is 23 years-old. He has a goal: To become a millionaire by the age of 25. He has launched Facebook and Twitter accounts to chronicle his journey. If he is successful, he will join the many entrepreneurs who have harnessed their vision and drive to achieve their goals at this young age.

How does one get to be a millionaire? As Sam the piano player indelibly sang in Casablanca, “the fundamental things apply,” among them hard work, education, frugality, savvy investing; and taking risks, not to mention a little luck, and, for those like Wadden who subscribe to it, the law of attraction. Wadden is filming a documentary in which he interviews a wide range of successful individuals who share their hard-earned wisdom on what it takes to become a millionaire.

The inspiration for the project, besides the obvious, is his family, he told Millionaire Corner. “Growing up, we didn’t have a whole lot of money,” he said. “My parents grew up in a small coal mining town whose economy went down the tubes after the mines were closed. My parents moved out to give my brother and me a better life. We didn’t have the opportunity to think outside the box or plan for the future. It was all about putting food on the table and making rent. If I don’t retire my mom or dad, they won’t have the opportunity. That’s one of the things that really drives me.”

Wadden’s original conception, he admits, was half-baked. An aspiring actor, he and a friend, an aspiring musician, planned to interview successes in those fields. He credits Steven Johnson’s book, Where Good Ideas Come From, with fleshing out his project. “It’s the concept of the ‘slow hunch,’” he said. “People think an idea just comes to you in a ‘eureka’ moment. But they don’t realize there is a lot of history before that moment where you have the basic fundamentals of that idea. It takes an external source of inspiration to connect the dots. For Wadden, that source came from Tim Ferriss’ book, ‘The Four-Hour Work Week,” in which he discusses deconstructing a skill or idea.

Ferriss is on Wadden’s wish-list of interview subjects, along with Darren Hardy, founder of SUCCESS magazine, David Porter, the founder of 8tracks, and young actor Shia LaBeouf. Thus far, he has interviewed an impressive roster of successful businesspeople, including Kevin Thomason, co-founder of PostRank, three real estate investors from the Madison Group, the creators of the Internet website Brotips, and Ben Stewart, CEO of Canadian Property Stars.

Each has been eye and mind-opening, Wadden said, but he credits Stewart with the resonant observation: “It’s not about who wants it the most, but who wants it the longest.” Wadden uses that as inspiration when his motivation is flagging. “I’ll think to myself, I have to want this as much today as when I wanted it the first day of the journey,” he said.

He has put some of what he has learned into practice, including buying his first piece of real estate in Arizona. He also started a website, Old Sentiments, which invites visitors to post pictures and share stories behind treasured family heirlooms.

Wadden plans to complete his documentary in two years and plans to make the film festival rounds. Until then, he is basking in the wisdom being shared with him. “It is amazing to be around people who are so successful,” he enthused. “They’ve shown me so much support.”

And he believes success will happen for him. That’s the law of attraction., which fosters positive thinking. “Someone I interviewed was a huge advocate of it,” he said. “And one night, I took a rare night off of work and went to a concert (featuring Dragonette, a popular Canadian electronic music band). I didn’t have a ticket. A person in line had an extra one and I ended up in the front row. (Lead singer) Martina Sorbara grabbed my camera and filmed me and herself. How crazy is that?”

Dan Da Man

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 20, 2012
San Diego
So your going to become a millionaire by 25 by telling your story about becoming a millionaire by 25?

I am a little confused

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
So your going to become a millionaire by 25 by telling your story about becoming a millionaire by 25?

I am a little confused

He's going to make a documentary about his pursuits in business. Honestly, I can't wait to watch it.

"The 25 Year Old Millionaire: A Journey to the Dream" isn't a bad title.

PatrickP

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Mar 16, 2012
Ok a little off topic but does anyone else look at the OPs avatar and think yikes the guy could probably be a millionaire from modeling or acting? Seriously.

Ok back to topic.

Yussef

Knowledge Recycler
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Jan 30, 2012
Ok a little off topic but does anyone else look at the OPs avatar and think yikes the guy could probably be a millionaire from modeling or acting? Seriously.

Ok back to topic.

I was wondering if that was the same guy in the video.

User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
May 26, 2012
This reminds me of Napoleon Hill's work 100 years ago when he interviewed America's 500 most successful men and 25 000 broke people to see the similarities in their way of thinking and to attain the knowledge of what makes a person succeed in life.

PatrickP

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Mar 16, 2012
It has been a month since his last post.

Where is our mystery man? I feel like I am watching The Sopranos and waiting for the next episode to come out :)

Stam

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Jun 3, 2012
Norway, Oslo
I also started to follow this guy, but it seems there is a lack of updates on the other platforms he is using as well. Cool to follow the process of this guy, and I hope he stick to it. :)

PatrickP

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Mar 16, 2012
Helloooooooooooooooooooo

Where are you?

:) Come back we want updates and I miss your avi :)

EastWind

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Oct 31, 2009
USA
He might actually have a chance. :)
If he's serious, he won't have time for the documentary.

VexX

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Jun 8, 2012
Hey OP, big ups for taking action and being so productive. I'm just as old as you and also hoping to make my first million soon :D

As for getting investors, have a look at angel.co

And if you need more funding for your documentary have a look at kickstarter.com , there's a documentary section as far as I can remember.

brob742

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Jan 18, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
Makes you wonder if he's lost some steam...or maybe he hit it big with his network marketing business and is busy picking which lambo he wants :)

Love the idea also as there's no better accountability tool as announcing your goal to the world. Also, making it a public goal, generating press and interviewing successful entrepreneurs could open a lot of doors for him. Huge props, and I feel it's a pretty intelligent way to get started in business/networking.

I would love to see a breakdown of progress including what each individual business is producing. I think he mentioned that the network marketing business was producing the most income at the time, but that's going to have to change for any shot at achieving the goal.

millionaireby25

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Apr 4, 2012
Hello fast lane, I have not died or lost steam! I used to do door to door sales with a company and it was quick money. I needed money to fund the fashion accessory line.

Prototypes are made, we send them off to disney to get the yay or nay for carrying them in disneyland/disneyworld.

worked 22 days and earned 13,800. also came in second in the country at the canada-wide competition in saskatchewan!

will upload the vid soon.

I'll be back in Ontario tomorrow evening and back to regular updates. They were 15 hour days, I didn't have the energy to update. You also have to brainwash yourself and get immersed in that world to do well in it. It's a weird position, but I was making no less than 600 a day really so wasn't bad!

Lots of new stuff coming up. Official website coming soon, the fashion accessory website will be up soon as well.

P.S. dropping the network marketing company, you guys were right.

Only going to work on 2 things, 3 max. You guys were also right about juggling too many things at once. I appreciate the constant advice and I will keep you guys updated as I go.

JEdwards

Legendary Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jan 16, 2011
Texas
P.S. dropping the network marketing company, you guys were right.

Only going to work on 2 things, 3 max. You guys were also right about juggling too many things at once. I appreciate the constant advice and I will keep you guys updated as I go.

Wow, I was one of the ones that suggested both of those... Sometimes I got smarts real good...

Keep with it. Money is not hard to make. Just keep it up.

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL
And here I was thinking you've dropped off the map and then you come back and show (at least me) up haha! 14.4K, that's AWESOME, look forward to hear how your businesses are going!
:yourock:

Dezzamondo

Indefatigable
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Mar 11, 2012
Worcester, UK
Excellent news! Its awesome to see fastlaneing in motion, particularly from someone with so much passion for everything.

Keep up the good work & we'll see you at your goal! :D

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
worked 22 days and earned 13,800

This is impressive. Congrats.

What kind of fashion accessory are you creating and why do you think the market needs it? And what would we be the reasons the market DOESN'T need it? thanks. :smx9:

TK1

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Mar 31, 2011
What I know worked for me to build a multimillion dollar company by myself was the following schedule.

Spent a few months reading books on how to delgate..

Wake up
Worked 1 hour a day, mostly to pick up the cash and take it to the bank.
Go to sleep

Worked for 15 years..
hahahaha can you name some books on how to delegate?

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
What I want to know is why the OP is so good looking. It's not fair to the rest of us.

millionaireby25

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Apr 4, 2012
Going to have to share with you another story that I thought was cool.

I made a dream book (same as a vision board but it's a full book of pictures of things you want to be, do or have).

It includes: people i want to meet, things i want to attain and things i want to accomplish. Also, places I want to travel.

Under the people I want to meet, there's 2 musicians right now. One is Lights. Not sure how big she is outside of Canada. Talented, gorgeous.

Well, my friend who's video I posted of his first song (Scotty James) came over at 10pm and he says to me, "We have to go to the MMVA's, you'll meet people who will help you out and so will I.

The show at this point had already been on for an hour. I gave it 60 seconds thought. I responded "we don't have tickets.." he said, "so?" I responded "True. What's the game plan" He responds, "do we ever have one" I respond "good point".

Fast forward 10 minutes and we're in suits driving to Toronto for the Much Music Video Awards. By this point we realize we're not going to make the show itself and we're going to have to sneak into the after parties.

We looked at the roster, Justin Bieber, Katy Perry, etc. etc. Drake was not there which surprised me but Lights was. Perfect. Usually when I pull off crazy stuff, I'm alone as you guys have noticed by my previous stories. Scotty, myself and my roommate are in the car. I call it out that I'm going to meet her. Halfway there and I turn on a law of attraction audiobook.

At this point I pretty much convince myself that I'm going to go on hunches all night. We don't know where any of the after parties are, nor do we know who's going to which one (celebrities), nor do we know how we're going to get in. Doesn't matter.

We turn onto Queen st. where the show was held and I find a spot on the main road that is just a little past a fire hydrant. Who cares, it feels right. Park there.

Begin walking down and realize we should start asking people where to go. The first person we talk to ends up being the bassist from a band called Faber Drive that are apparently fairly popular in Canada. "Where are the after parties?" He responds, "Well we're going to this place now and then Maison later. Down with webster is playing here." Scotty starts telling him who he is and how he recently hit the billboard with his radio single and we connect. They bring us to the place and this place doesn't require a ticket, just 20 dollar cover. Done.

We get in, at this point we realize we need to mingle as much as possible. Everyone there was dressed to impress. It's hard to tell who was in the music industry and who was not.

Let me pause for a moment and rewind to just outside of this place. I think it was called, "the ballroom". Outside, there was a brother who looked like he just watched the show. We chatted, he looked tired. I didn't realize it, but he was homeless. I said, "how's your night?" he responded "Man, I'm just looking for a loooot of weed, you know what I'm saying'" I responded "no, I don't."

we laughed and he was a cool guy. Fast forward back to inside the place. The reason this is significant is because who do I see, none other than that very guy walking through the club 20 minutes later. How did he get 20 dollars to get in, I have no idea. But this guy was awesome.

We try and find VIP and sure enough we do. It's a bunch of white models. I call a blonde one over and ask, "How did you guys get into the VIP?" she responded, "we're dating the band". I said "Fair enough, how does someone who doesn't fancy that idea get into the VIP?" she responded "They don't". So we moved on. We see the guy from Faber drive and ask, "How do we get in to the other after parties?" "You need to be on the list or have bought a ticket well in advance." "How else?" "I'm not sure."

At this point, I close my eyes and ask myself, "Where do I need to go now to meet Lights?" "Maison." I look over at Scotty and tell him we should go now, it's almost 1am and we need a game plan. He suggested we stay and mingle longer but I urged to continue.

He gives in and the three of us go.

Me to the bouncer: Where are the other after party locations. Maison is this way, XS is this way. I say we're going to Maison, he says it's sh*t. I say that's fine, we're going to Maison.

Walk two blocks and turn the corner into the alley. Maison lies ahead with a small read carpet. What now? I don't know, let's keep walking. An SUV pulls up directly beside us and the back doors open. It's Lights.

I don't think I even let her get out of the car before blurting out 4 sentences at once. She laughed and we got a picture together. I think it was her boyfriend who took the picture which made it a tad awkward. Mission accomplished.

My roommate was mind fu*ked. Now, Scotty's turn. "Where feels right to meet Katy Perry for you Scotty?" He wasn't as certain as I was. We decided on XS because her name was dropped there.

millionaireby25

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Apr 4, 2012
XS was where Perez Hilton was throwing an after party. Dragonette, Katy Perry among others were supposed to be there, we later found out.

We approach the club. "Hi, my name's Scotty. I'm from out of town, recently just hit the Billboards and I was wondering -"

"Are you on the list?"

"Uh, no but I'm wondering if you could help us out"

"Not if you're not on the list".

**5 minutes of sweet talk later.

"Not if you're not on the list". sh*t.

We talk to the guy next to her, who happened to be the owner of the club. "it'll cost you 50 each". I looked at the boys, "We'll think about it for a minute". Scott just bee-lined it to the other entrance of the club. More bouncers. "Hi, I'm Scotty James, I recently hit the billboard. I'm from out of town -"

"Are you on the list?"

"Uh, no but um I need you to help us out-"

"Talk to him". She pointed at a larger gentleman next to her and a second who looked like Usher.

2 minutes of schmoozing later, we had them on the fence. Silence for a moment.

I broke the silence with, "Come on, we're with usher here". They laughed and we got in. 3 good looking girls chuckled as well who were next to us and I tickled the thought of flirting. No. Not why we're here.

Onward. Walking in, we realize we just got into a press entrance and Kreesha Turner walks by and we talk to her. Scott gets a pic with her.

Inside, Dragonette is just finishing up their set. Katy Perry was already done playing hers. There's a backstage, but it's just a curtain around the perimeter like a really large bathtub (only analogy I can think of).

We talk to the guy who's separating backstage from front. He won't budge. A few minutes later, Danny Fernandez and Massari and some others show up to hit backstage, they open it and Scott darts behind them and the bouncer tries to grab him on the way in but doesn't and somehow just lets it go. Scotts in.

15 minutes later, Perez Hilton comes out and so does Scott and I get a picture with Perez. I don't really care about Perez Hilton, or really know what his deal is but he was nice enough to stop for a picture with me, so why not.

After that, Scott says he was talking to Perez and she was already gone.

Back to Maison. Maison was getting tightened up by security. Scotty once again snuck in behind Classified. We were left out, my night was already made so I didn't feel motivated to sneak in. We let him have his fun and meet some celebs in there and then called it a night. No Katy Perry, it seems she already left earlier. He didn't clearly define that goal though. He wanted to meet as many people as possible to network and he did just that. He only did the Katy Perry thing after he saw what happened with me and Lights.

Think about this - I was in the exact right spot at the exact time I needed to be in order for that meeting to occur. It's like that scene from Benjamin Button. This stuff doesn't shock me anymore.

Anything is possible at this point.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.