The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Millionaire By 25 Documentary

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

JEdwards

Legendary Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jan 16, 2011
Texas
Here's chronologically the second interview but needed clearance.

Jonathan Anderson - Self Bank Mobile

Jonathan Anderson Interview - YouTube

I give you an A++++ for gumption..

But this guy goes straight into the mlm pitch.. If Donald Trump were to do it over again... wow..

His company Self Bank Mobile has not had a new video, no new news since 09.. and here is a breakdown on another forum for deals that are closed.. Self Bank Mobile - Selfbankmobile.com

Not going to tell you what to do, cause you is young and all that.. But I can see that you are buying up the mlm line.

You have what 20 months left? You need to change quickly.

evanwebb

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
134%
Jan 31, 2011
Austin, TX
@JackEdwards,

Just curious: are you opposed to starting an MLM that you own and control? Or are you only opposed to working under an MLM? Or both?

JEdwards

Legendary Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jan 16, 2011
Texas
@JackEdwards,

Just curious: are you opposed to starting an MLM that you own and control? Or are you only opposed to working under an MLM? Or both?

Both.. I would never start an mlm, or be in an mlm. I have no time for babysitting or Rah rah rah speeches.

Simply, You are building a business on a house of cards.. You really going to count on your grandmother to get 3 people.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MakeItHappen

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
195%
Apr 12, 2012
First of i really like your project! I think it will be a great experience for you and the people following you.

But this guy goes straight into the mlm pitch..
Yeah i agree that's exactly what i think

Will be interesting to see how you will be doing. My line would be to build a new business and earn about 30k/month within one year. Hold or increase the earnings in the second year and sell the company and you will have your million!
MJ talks a lot about what kind of business you should set up to create fast wealth so all the information is out there! All you need is to take action and it seems like you are very serious about this part which gives you all the chances an the world. :)

Sponge

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Apr 6, 2012
Washington DC
Keep up the good work! My opinion on working the mlm is if your gonna be working with a person who clearly has drive and money and is use to getting money, than why wouldn't you give it a try! Also if he is actually in contact with the owners and individuals pulling 6 figures I don't see why you would be a pawn! It's only room for you to meet these people and ask them the real questions people who down mlm's dont. I think it's a win win situation. I to am reading "the 4 hour work week" and am on page 155 and along with your first few interviews feel a lot more inspired to become rich soon as well! I took a few of your goals and added them to my list main one being to read an hour of " the 4hour wrk week every morning before work, strange to see I'm up at 3 every morning soaking up this great information! I think your on the right track to your goals simply by the questions your asking! I'm similar in getting straight to the point when interviewing people of means! I actually tried what your doing in Washington DC last year on my lunch break everyday I would go into any bank and speak to financial advisors! Not a failed mission but I don't think they either know to much or that they just didn't want to share but anyhow I can relate to the straight forward how can I get to this point questions. It's good your interviewing millionaires so that your getting better answers than I had from financial advisors/middle men! But hopefully you'll learn a lot and generate great lifelong contacts through this documentary! FYI Georgia has nice homes for sale in the 30s and 40s 8yrs old that I'm currently renting out for 800 that can help you reach your one real-estate investment goal! I bought my first last year cash from the money I saved and currently have a military family paying me every month! Not bad but I to still have to go to work everyay so I can't get comfortable with this small accomplishment! Anyhow keep up the good work and I look forward to seeing where this goes! Also is there anywhere I can get the "your wish is your command" for a better price? Ive been wanting it for years but the price has never changed!

millionaireby25

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Apr 4, 2012
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
Keep up the good work! My opinion on working the mlm is if your gonna be working with a person who clearly has drive and money and is use to getting money, than why wouldn't you give it a try! Also if he is actually in contact with the owners and individuals pulling 6 figures I don't see why you would be a pawn! It's only room for you to meet these people and ask them the real questions people who down mlm's dont. I think it's a win win situation. I to am reading "the 4 hour work week" and am on page 155 and along with your first few interviews feel a lot more inspired to become rich soon as well! I took a few of your goals and added them to my list main one being to read an hour of " the 4hour wrk week every morning before work, strange to see I'm up at 3 every morning soaking up this great information! I think your on the right track to your goals simply by the questions your asking! I'm similar in getting straight to the point when interviewing people of means! I actually tried what your doing in Washington DC last year on my lunch break everyday I would go into any bank and speak to financial advisors! Not a failed mission but I don't think they either know to much or that they just didn't want to share but anyhow I can relate to the straight forward how can I get to this point questions. It's good your interviewing millionaires so that your getting better answers than I had from financial advisors/middle men! But hopefully you'll learn a lot and generate great lifelong contacts through this documentary! FYI Georgia has nice homes for sale in the 30s and 40s 8yrs old that I'm currently renting out for 800 that can help you reach your one real-estate investment goal! I bought my first last year cash from the money I saved and currently have a military family paying me every month! Not bad but I to still have to go to work everyay so I can't get comfortable with this small accomplishment! Anyhow keep up the good work and I look forward to seeing where this goes! Also is there anywhere I can get the "your wish is your command" for a better price? Ive been wanting it for years but the price has never changed!

Thanks for following and the kind words! Sounds like we think alike!

I don't want to suggest anything wit the YWIYC audiobook about downloading illegally, however I know some people who've downloaded it for free from a torrent. That's the word on the street, once again I know nothing about it ;).

I will look into properties in your area. did you say only 30 or 40k? are these things foreclosures??

Sponge

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Apr 6, 2012
Washington DC
Yea there plenty of foreclosures and shortsales out there for the low 30-40k! Just don't buy anything old. My investment was 8years old with a 2 car garage and all appliances move in ready! The rent are running between 800-900 for that property but since it's paid free and clear I low balled it for 800 monthly and had a tenant in a week! Only thing I hate is there's nothing to write off so after listening and doing my research I'm currently looking for a more equity based property to pull equity out of this one and buying another where my money will grow faster! Baltimores west side is full of equity and there's many more! I plan on getting that book or whatever the real-estate guy you interviewed was speaking on but haven't gotten around to it! If your serious shoot me an email and I will send you the right counties in Georgia! Only thing is they don't have much equity built into them yet but some people invest for cash-flow! Another option is put down 20% at a bank and have them finance the rest! Your payment should be about 250.00 and your cash flow being if rent is 800.00 should leave you 550.00! Then you could pay it off in a few years just for young entrepreneur track record purposes

21elnegocio

WholeFlips Wholesaling Houses Virtually
Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Feb 28, 2012
Downtown Phoenix, AZ
Whether your idea works or not man, its a great freaking idea man. Its out of the normal I like it hope you accomplish your goal, wish of best lucks mate.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Have to say. I'm astonished by how much I've learned in 3.5 months. I love fully diving into something and committing everything to it. You accomplish so much in a short amount of time.

Great post, I cant wait to be able to do the same. 2 more weeks of college plus finals and a move and i will be able to sock more time into my business in a week than i normally would in a month.

This is a great thread buddy!

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

millionaireby25

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Apr 4, 2012
@ Kak - Thanks brother.

I just downloaded an RSS reader, Reeder for Mac. Very cool, just got turned on to it. Added Tim Ferriss' 4 hour blog to it. Any other really good blogs or news websites to add to my RSS reader to help me on my journey?

21elnegocio

WholeFlips Wholesaling Houses Virtually
Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Feb 28, 2012
Downtown Phoenix, AZ
Have to say. I'm astonished by how much I've learned in 3.5 months. I love fully diving into something and committing everything to it. You accomplish so much in a short amount of time.

I need to be more like you man. I need a bit more of that attitude.

millionaireby25

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Apr 4, 2012
@ nuwav and rickson - Sweet, I'll check them out today!

@ 21 - the beginning is the hardest part man.

Here's an example of what I'm doing on a given day. In this case, it's today's to do list. Let me know if there's anyway I can improve this or be more efficient.

To do for tomorrow -

6am - Read
7am - Eat (eggs, oats, veg)
7:30am - Sentiment
7:45am - Word of the day
8am - RSS feeder
815am - Laundry load/shower
8:30am - clean up house
9am - assemble manufacturing list
10am-11am. Call every manufacturer
11am - lunch break
11:30am - Market website for 30 minutes (twitter, Facebook, etc.)
12pm - search short term rentals
1230pm - Contact revenue Canada about taxes. Set up direct deposit.
1pm - call capital one about credit punctuality. Inquire.
130pm - Search Prototypers - build list
230pm - schedule a cjm for Thursday @ 7pm at my house.
3pm - contact team about cjm
4pm - Read emails (set up email signature)
415pm - read book
515pm - Post sentiment via social media
530 - Market website
6pm - eat dinner (tilapia, veg, quinoa)
630pm - Take 30 minutes and study which videos to watch for later (mentor videos, etc)
7pm - Write on white boards - May goals, set up next months goals.
8pm - draw out the documentary website look/feel
9pm - Look up website designers. Check with friends. Check with students.
10pm - begin watching educational YouTube videos on business/investing/personal development
1130pm - plan out following day
Midnight - Brush teeth/Bed

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
@ nuwav and rickson - Sweet, I'll check them out today!

@ 21 - the beginning is the hardest part man.

Here's an example of what I'm doing on a given day. In this case, it's today's to do list. Let me know if there's anyway I can improve this or be more efficient.

To do for tomorrow -

6am - Read
7am - Eat (eggs, oats, veg)
7:30am - Sentiment
7:45am - Word of the day
8am - RSS feeder
815am - Laundry load/shower
8:30am - clean up house
9am - assemble manufacturing list
10am-11am. Call every manufacturer
11am - lunch break
11:30am - Market website for 30 minutes (twitter, Facebook, etc.)
12pm - search short term rentals
1230pm - Contact revenue Canada about taxes. Set up direct deposit.
1pm - call capital one about credit punctuality. Inquire.
130pm - Search Prototypers - build list
230pm - schedule a cjm for Thursday @ 7pm at my house.
3pm - contact team about cjm
4pm - Read emails (set up email signature)
415pm - read book
515pm - Post sentiment via social media
530 - Market website
6pm - eat dinner (tilapia, veg, quinoa)
630pm - Take 30 minutes and study which videos to watch for later (mentor videos, etc)
7pm - Write on white boards - May goals, set up next months goals.
8pm - draw out the documentary website look/feel
9pm - Look up website designers. Check with friends. Check with students.
10pm - begin watching educational YouTube videos on business/investing/personal development
1130pm - plan out following day
Midnight - Brush teeth/Bed

That is really systematic, holy crap.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

PatrickP

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Mar 16, 2012
How to improve on it?

I don't know.

What I know worked for me to build a multimillion dollar company by myself was the following schedule.

Wake up
Work 16 - 24 hours
Go to sleep

I have no idea how I would ever be able to figure out how long each task would take me. Then if I went over on the first task of the day the whole schedule is shot.

JEdwards

Legendary Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jan 16, 2011
Texas
What I know worked for me to build a multimillion dollar company by myself was the following schedule.

Spent a few months reading books on how to delgate..

Wake up
Worked 1 hour a day, mostly to pick up the cash and take it to the bank.
Go to sleep

Worked for 15 years..

D

DeletedUser2

hahahahahahahahahaha

damm jack your cracking me up.

yep, delegation was the best skill I ever learned!

keep working hard like that jack

millionaireby25

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Apr 4, 2012
Could use your help on this one gentleman and ladies.

Goal is 2000 likes on facebook for the documentary by end of the month. If you like the project, please take a quick second and like it on facebook if you use it. I think I'm around 1300 as we stand.

Millionaire by 25 | Facebook - Millionaire by 25 | Facebook

Goal is 1000 for the first website, Old Sentiments. Currently just over 500.

Old Sentiments | Facebook - Old Sentiments | Facebook

PatrickP

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Mar 16, 2012

Spent a few months reading books on how to delgate..

Wake up
Worked 1 hour a day, mostly to pick up the cash and take it to the bank.
Go to sleep

Worked for 15 years..

hmmm It only took me 3 years then I basically retired. ;)

Company doing over 2 mil a year and I 'look in on the business via internet 2 hours or less a week.

Now am looking to do another company.

millionaireby25

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Apr 4, 2012
hmmm It only took me 3 years then I basically retired. ;)

Company doing over 2 mil a year and I 'look in on the business via internet 2 hours or less a week.

Now am looking to do another company.

Looking for a partner?

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009