The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Mentor ?!?!?!?! Please

Spazz

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Jun 27, 2014
This is so crazy !!! Check out the link, I just spent the last two days working on this garbage internetmoneyreport.com/

I feel like an absolute idiot....

I have read posts on here, read the book but am still stunned....Im a fat, slow white guy that played pro football and the only reason I got there is because I work like an animal.....but it feels like I can work as hard as I want but when you dont know the game it doesnt matter...

Is there anyone out there, that could take me under there wing and walk me through starting a profitable business, jeaz I would even give you my profit, just to learn. Can anyone throw a guy a bone? I will do the same when I can later.

Is there anyone that can mentor me? give me tasks and the first time that I dont meet a requirement, leave me...

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited by a moderator:

randomnumber314

speed of a drunk camel
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
227%
Jan 7, 2014
Minnesoooota,USA
Sure. Here are the tasks:
  1. Read The Millionaire Fastlane
  2. Become an INSIDERS, read all the gold threads.
  3. Read the Most Views Threads (last 360 days)
  4. Read all the popular content
  5. Read every post by MJ, Vigilante, zen*******, JackEdward
  6. While doing #5, read the posts by the other heavy hitters in those threads.
Once you complete the above tasks, we can talk about where you're at and what your goals are. I will either personally mentor you, or put you in touch with someone who has experience in what you want to do, or can offer you mentorship in the direction you want to go.

Everything I just wrote is 100% serious.

Nathan Douglas

BB
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
May 23, 2014
Texas
@Spazz

To add on to Randoms post, go visit MJ DeMarco's Youtube channel. There is one piece of advice that has stuck to me personally, which is solve your problems as you face them, or somewhere along the lines of that. It means learn and grow as you go, and that has definitely stuck to me. Hopefully we will see you contributing some awesome threads in the future, and I wish you the best!

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ

Spazz

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Jun 27, 2014
Sure. Here are the tasks:
  1. Read The Millionaire Fastlane
  2. Become an INSIDERS, read all the gold threads.
  3. Read the Most Views Threads (last 360 days)
  4. Read all the popular content
  5. Read every post by MJ, Vigilante, zen*******, JackEdward
  6. While doing #5, read the posts by the other heavy hitters in those threads.
Once you complete the above tasks, we can talk about where you're at and what your goals are. I will either personally mentor you, or put you in touch with someone who has experience in what you want to do, or can offer you mentorship in the direction you want to go.

Everything I just wrote is 100% serious.

Random,

Thanks for the reply...

1. done (twice)
2. haven't done it
3, 4, 5 and 6 - I have done

A couple Gold threads that have caught my interest are Zandolphin- copy writing, which was followed up by Icecreamkids secrets of zandolphin exposed. Chickenhawks has a solid one on publishing fiction books.

I particularly follow posts from ecoman, 1step and eskil, while nadia throws in a number of quality posts.

I have currently read limitup's entire post on ask me anything ive made millions online as well as SJVC's ask me anything about FBA and importing goods from China.

Limitup's biggest take away is find something profitable and reverse engineer it and copy what they're doing !! He says PERSEVERANCE is key !!

The first thing I did was find MJ's posts....most important thing he has told me is that "the only person that can change my situation is me"

Like I said, I work like an animal and pride myself on my work ethic. There is a ton of valuable information on this forum and I love reading it. I just feel this is a different game and I'm spinning my wheels.

If there is anyone that could take the time to help me, I would appreciate it. When its my turn I will do the same for someone else.

Again thanks for the reply

RHL

The coaching was a joke guys.
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
747%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ
Check out the link, I just spent the last two days working on this garbage

Is there anyone that can mentor me? give me tasks

Dis-Gon-Be-Good-Chair-Reaction-Gif.gif

randomnumber314

speed of a drunk camel
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
227%
Jan 7, 2014
Minnesoooota,USA
I agree. I have a plan, part of it is reading information, havings tasks, then realizing something.

Spazz

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Jun 27, 2014

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
To get this thread back on track..... @Spazz list all the actual action things you have done / tried. Not read, not talked about, not researched..... What have you actually done to this point?

Vick

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
485%
Dec 27, 2012
Toronto

Spazz

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Jun 27, 2014
Do you really need someone to tell you what to do?

If so. Stick to mediocrity.

Vick,

Well I appreciate your advice, however, Im not going to stick to mediocrity. I think there are others that feel the way I do but are scared to come out and say it and the couple that have I'm sure havent posted since.

ZCP,

I feel like I have done a lot. I have thought of selling on amazon after SJVC's thread. I contacted a number of manufactures on alibaba. I received quotes for baby diapers and baby wipes. Then I requested quotes for playdo and kids toys. Ive looked at custom tshirts.

Then I tried to follow limitup's advise to find a profitable product and work in reverse order and copy it and thats when I ended up with that piece of junk link that I started with (obviously not a result of his advise, just were google took me)

Look, Im not some lump that doesnt try or doenst work. Ive said it before this is just a different game. I have been raised in pure blue collar house hold and basically made it when I went to post secondary school and grad school. I have a good gov't job and make ok money (100l/ year). I want fastlane cash and I want to be rewarded for my efforts, I just need to learn this game

Spazz

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Jun 27, 2014
oh ya, I did research on freelancer.com for a logo, business plan and content for another idea I had but I didnt move forward with it.

I started a website on wordpress.com for the sole purpose of driving traffic to that garbage affiliate marketing site.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Well he did make a list for him! It's quite simple to follow! lol

davedev

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
371%
Jun 3, 2013
Florida
Not much of a podcast guy, besides my pastors, however, I listened to a ton of Pat Flynn's when he was mentioned in a couple of threads on here

Ok time to change that. Why? Think of podcasts as 'free media that feeds you free ideas'. To preface, the goal isn't to waste away in front of the computer with these hr long podcasts...that would be bad..

But sometimes I've found that just with a skim of the titles you catch hold of really cool ideas / concepts by cool people. Here are some of my favorites. (copied from some other thread).

ForeverJobless
Mixergy
The Bright Ideas Podcast
Startups For The Rest Of Us
Seth Godin's Startup School
Tropical MBA
eCommerceFuel
The Smart Passive Income Podcast
Entrepreneur on Fire

InLikeFlint

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Nov 19, 2012
Michigan, USA
One issue I spot is you wait to see someone else's success in an area and then try and copy exactly what they did. There's nothing wrong with taking someone's idea and improving it, but are you even making an attempt to innovate?

You also show a lot of signs of giving up when things get tough or you lose interest. Probably also due to taking ideas from other successful members on the forum. If you have your own idea that brings value to others or is based on your interests it will give you drive and motivation to preserver and not give up at the first sign of trouble.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
Suggest you pick a hustle thread and do that. Turn $1k into $10k doing that. You will then begin to see opportunity in front of you instead of trying to get others to tell you what to do.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.