The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Many of us are already rich.....

Anything related to matters of the mind

Bozigian

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Oct 13, 2010
1. You didn’t go to sleep hungry last night.
2. You didn’t go to sleep outside.
3. You had a choice of what clothes to wear this morning.
4. You hardly broke a sweat today.
5. You didn’t spend a minute in fear.
6. You have access to clean drinking water.
7. You have access to medical care.
8. You have access to the Internet.
9. You can read.
10. You have the right to vote.

Source:10 Reasons You Are Rich

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

wallstreet

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Sep 17, 2010
Sounds like acceptance of mediocrity talk to me. Everyday I wake up and curse my situation.

Infinity

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Oct 2, 2009
Sounds like acceptance of mediocrity talk to me. Everyday I wake up and curse my situation.

I've thought about this too...

I'm working a job right now that is very slowlane, but I'm saving a large % of my paycheck so I can get out in the near future. Some people say be thankful you have a job, and that's true. At the same time, if you become content with what you have, you become complacent.

Be thankful for what you have and always strive for better is my vision.

JASpinnato

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Apr 9, 2011
CT
I agree with Bozigian that a lot of people are rich in the sense that yes they didn't go to sleep hungry last night and so on and so forth. Personally, I believe I am rich because I have a great support system of family and friends and I can enjoy everything that Bozigian listed. MJ also describes this in fastlane that to be rich doesn't necessarily mean you have more than a million in the bank. But there is a difference between being rich and having wealth. Wealth is defined as - a great quantity or store of money, valuable possessions, property, or other riches.

I was fortunate enough to be born rich with an abundance of love from family and friends. I read the Millionaire Fastlane and now I am striving for the wealth and I know one thing, I will get there one day.

Flatlander

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Dec 28, 2010
South Dakota
9. You can read.

This ain't rich. This is getting by. Compared to some savage in a mud hut maybe it's rich but not to anyone who lives in a country with flush toilets.

Sparlin

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Feb 23, 2009
Wichita, Kansas
This ain't rich. This is getting by. Compared to some savage in a mud hut maybe it's rich but not to anyone who lives in a country with flush toilets.

It's funny you typed that because this movie popped up on Netflix tonight. I had never heard of it but it shows just how good we have it here.

YouTube - God Grew Tired of Us Trailer

Flatlander

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Dec 28, 2010
South Dakota

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ

That's not the point. You can be poor or rich if you compare yourself to anyone. I'm sure billionaires if left with $10million would feel poor.

The point is that "rich" is relative and if you think that the 10 things on that list are normal or unimportant then you won't appreciate being rich when you have $1m either.

You should take a trip and go meet some people who live in mud huts. Spend a day with them and see if those 10 things don't make you feel rich once you get them back.

SKM430

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jan 22, 2010
^ +1, hit the nail on the head biophase. It's all about Relativity. For us, having a toilet, clean water and food on the table might seem like much because we all have it compared to those that don't. The same thing can be said that $10 million dollars doesn't seem like much because there are people with billions in personal wealth. And the opposite too where 10million dollars might be an astounding number to some because they barely have $10 in their bank account.

ClintonSkakun

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
36%
Mar 26, 2011
D
I understand and appreciate the point you're trying to get across.

But here's my take. We shouldn't have to constantly compare ourselves to feel better about settling for less than what we actually want. There's always going to be someone worse off than us. They're most likely in that situation because of stupidity, bad luck, poor decisions...or whatever. Why compare yourselves to people who aren't really like you, don't want what you want, and don't know what you know? Why not compare your current situation to what you want instead?

We need to get more uncomfortable, panic more often. Maybe we'd actually get more done. Thinking, "Wow, I've really got it good in this 900 sq/ft 2bedroom condo," isn't going to make you want to succeed. We've got to start being less thankful about our mediocre situation and stop taking our abilities for granted.

No, I don't believe having a toilet to flush is rich, just because some people half way across the world piss outside. Just like I don't believe sleeping outside in a cardboard box is rich, just because some people sleep naked in the gutter. The perspective you should be looking from is, "regardless of the rest of the world, what do I really want?" You can always find people worse off than you, but what's it going to do for you?

The $1M dollar man feels rich because he watches the guy making $22k a year barely getting by, the the $22k guy feels great about where he's at because there's a tramp on the street holding out a money jar. The tramp doesn't mind so much though, he knows people in Africa are starving to death by the minute. <~ To me this is pure madness. If you're going to be make a comparison, at least make one that helps you better your life.

This is my definition of being rich/successful:
(1) No "boss" holding my job security.
(2) Never have to work again unless I chose to.
(3) Mental freedom to make the right choices and to have enough insight to know why we make the choices we make.
(4) Living any kind of lifestyle I want without being a slave to it.
(5) Being able to retire anyone close to me who shouldn't be working anymore.
(6) Power to experience things I wouldn't otherwise experience.
(7) Power to live my own life.

my 2cents:)

Kinsey6287

Blazin Fast!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Nov 2, 2009
- I went to sleep after eating a Chili Mac MRE. Still Starving -
- I slept under an armored Stryker -
- Desert Camis EVERY day. Covered in two weeks worth of sweat, blood, and dirt. -
- It's 105 degrees out here and I can smell myself. You know you stink when you can smell yourself! lol -
- I got woken up by the sound of a Roket Propelled Grenade hitting a HMMV 25 yards away followed by an onslaught of Ak-47 fire. -
- My canteens are filled with sandy creek water -
- Yes, yes I do. And we have the best Corpsman the Marine Corps has seen. Thanks Doc! -
- One day out of every 10-14 -
9. You can read.
- Thank god, I don't know what I would have done with my life without reading The Millionare Fastlane. Can't wait to get back home and apply some of my new found knowledge -
- Yes I do,..... And I know exactly who I WON'T be voting for -

I'm not rich by any means according to this.

Likwid24

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Mar 26, 2011
Staten Island, NY
- Yes I do,..... And I know exactly who I WON'T be voting for -

Edited: Too Political for this forum:

@ Icy: yours was a direct rebuttal so I had to remove it.

To the other members, we know that politics is tied to business. Unfortunately it's hard to discuss it without bringing up specific issues (ie. birthers), which in turn leads to arguments. Please bear that in mind when posting.

Thanks

Sparlin

Nikon

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Apr 17, 2011
You can define rich many ways, this is just one. But after you get there you need to look for the next definition of rich. If we all just settled with your definition then where would we be?

Icy

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Feb 16, 2009
Still no birth certificate or proof he was born in Hawaii

There is a link to it on snopes if you took the time to read it. Or doesn't that count? In which case what is the point of even stating this if you'll just denounce any sort of evidence given to you.

You may want to point to the Kenyan birth certificate but that was proven to be false:
snopes.com: Barack Obama Kenyan Registration of Birth

What reason to you have to believe otherwise?

Anyway, this is way off topic. If you reply, I'll take it to PM's since it can quickly turn political.

Likwid24

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Mar 26, 2011
Staten Island, NY
OK OK I'm sorry Icy. No need to argue. It is way off topic. To get back to the topic, I think that people have read MJ's book and joined this forum because we don't want to accept mediocrity. We are all here because we want more out of life. We are not here to accept being happy with a roof over our heads or clean drinking water. I'm assuming most people here want a huge house by the water and a fancy car. I want a house on a beach, MJ wanted his Lambo and I'm sure everyone here has something they want and use that item as motivation. Don't get me wrong, I am grateful for the things that I have. I wouldn't say my life sucks but i also wouldn't say it's great. I think believing this statement that your rich because of all these things is very slowlane. You should be thankful for all that you have but to truly feel fastlane rich you must not be satisfied until you get there or it will never happen. That's why we're here. Because we want it.

Nicola

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Jan 10, 2011
London, England
Just for a moment I'd like you to try a little thought experiment.

Imagine Barak Obama is not only not a real American - he is not a real human! He is an alien from the Planet Zog. His mission on Earth is to bring down the human race - first America and then the rest of us.

• So how is his mission affecting you so far?
  • Is he really doing anything that is going to significantly affect your fastlane journey?
  • What are you actually doing to bring him and his cronies down?

How much time are you spending getting indignant/angry/upset over things that:

• You aren't actually going to do anything about
  • don't actually affect you / can easily be got around

Just a few things for you to think about.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Folks, please try to lay off the political commentary!

I understand and appreciate the point you're trying to get across.

But here's my take. We shouldn't have to constantly compare ourselves to feel better about settling for less than what we actually want. There's always going to be someone worse off than us. They're most likely in that situation because of stupidity, bad luck, poor decisions...or whatever. Why compare yourselves to people who aren't really like you, don't want what you want, and don't know what you know? Why not compare your current situation to what you want instead?

We need to get more uncomfortable, panic more often. Maybe we'd actually get more done. Thinking, "Wow, I've really got it good in this 900 sq/ft 2bedroom condo," isn't going to make you want to succeed. We've got to start being less thankful about our mediocre situation and stop taking our abilities for granted.

No, I don't believe having a toilet to flush is rich, just because some people half way across the world piss outside. Just like I don't believe sleeping outside in a cardboard box is rich, just because some people sleep naked in the gutter. The perspective you should be looking from is, "regardless of the rest of the world, what do I really want?" You can always find people worse off than you, but what's it going to do for you?

The $1M dollar man feels rich because he watches the guy making $22k a year barely getting by, the the $22k guy feels great about where he's at because there's a tramp on the street holding out a money jar. The tramp doesn't mind so much though, he knows people in Africa are starving to death by the minute. <~ To me this is pure madness. If you're going to be make a comparison, at least make one that helps you better your life.

This is my definition of being rich/successful:
(1) No "boss" holding my job security.
(2) Never have to work again unless I chose to.
(3) Mental freedom to make the right choices and to have enough insight to know why we make the choices we make.
(4) Living any kind of lifestyle I want without being a slave to it.
(5) Being able to retire anyone close to me who shouldn't be working anymore.
(6) Power to experience things I wouldn't otherwise experience.
(7) Power to live my own life.

Clinton now I see why you liked my book -- your "rich" definition is the just about the same as mine. Speed+Thanks

ClintonSkakun

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
36%
Mar 26, 2011
D
Folks, please try to lay off the political commentary!

Clinton now I see why you liked my book -- your "rich" definition is the just about the same as mine. Speed+Thanks
Hi MJ! Glad we share that same definition.:)

Some people close to me keep telling me I should be content or not set my standards so high. My mind has been stretched too wide to return to it's original size. I've sold myself the dream so many times it's in my DNA now.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.