The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

[INSIDER CALL] Raising Money for your Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dao

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Jul 17, 2012
Wow. Listening to the .mp3 recording now, and this is gold. Thanks for the wisdom, zen*******!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

evlttwin

It's A Long Way To The Top....
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
Feb 13, 2013
Southern California
Really good info. I love the serendipity of how you practically fell into something that you had a natural talent for.

VERY entertaining and informational at the same time.

You rock Dale.

Dale-Face-2-499x283.jpg

putinwork

Read -> PUT.IN.WORK
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Apr 11, 2013
Toronto
Wow, my first couple hours of being an INSIDERS and it's already paid of ten fold. SOLID call and I'm very grateful for the information and insight that you've shared over those 106 minutes.

MANY thanks. I feel obliged to take that information and run with it as far as I can go.

em1L

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
May 19, 2013
Sweden
Hi - I't seemed like an awesome call, and I cannot seem to find the downloadable file, would anyone care to share?

Thanks - and hoping to be a part of the INSIDERS calls in the future!

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
I cannot seem to find the downloadable file, would anyone care to share?

download link is in the thread and still works. BTW, it took me about 30 seconds to find it.

Steve37

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
70%
Sep 4, 2012
Just wanted to drop in this thread and say thanks again. I've been putting a little bit of your advice to work and so far it is getting results. I'm finding that if you have a reasonable track record it's really not that hard to find investment capital.

So far i've got several verbal commitments from high net worth individuals who claim they'll fund whenever I need them. I'm taking this with a big grain of salt since talk is free. That being said i'm proceeding with a project where one of those investors has put up a significant chunk of change.

The part of this that is fascinating is all that i've done is talk about what projects have been on my plate recently. People ask questions from there and they ask if I would be interested in investment dollars. This requires almost no salesmanship on my part, which is good because i'm a shitty salesman.

My preference has always been to self fund or partner with family but that mindset is changing quickly because of this call. Thanks again.

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
442%
May 27, 2013
United States
Dale,

I can't thank you enough for the interview. It's already changed my life. I took away three things immediately:

The "Get in there and make a mess" quote was just what my perfectionist a$$ needed to hear. It's been running on repeat in my brain, over and over. I've already taken more action in the last 48 hours than in the last 3 months combined. The sooner I get in there and F*ck it up, the sooner I'll figure it out and earn my first million. And for a guy that "has it all together" this is going to be uncomfortable... in a good way.

The whole discussion on how bootstrapping is slow and a waste of time rang true for me. I'm not getting anywhere making a thousand here and a thousand there. It'll be years before I'm in any position to do anything worthwhile. Time to make some new friends.

And finally, the "Small shit in your basement" quote cut me deep. I've been wasting my time with tinkertoy Craigslist shit raising money for no real end goal. Like you said, money is everywhere. What I need is something big to throw it at.

You had me crackin' up the whole time too. Loved every minute of it.

johnp

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Aug 29, 2011
Philly
Wow..finally listened. Thank you

awanrmb

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Jun 24, 2013
Indonesia
Zen, thank you very much for the conference call.
You really install a great mindset about there are huge amount of money available out there and it's really achievable.

I have some questions for you:

1. I understand that now you have lot's of great deal offering.
But in the beginning, how can you found this great deal?
I know how to lead a team to create beautiful wordpress site.
But I don't have any idea how to found the deals and what kind of deal that is.

2. How do you know that a project will succeed?
You said that a conviction is a vital part of your pitch.
You working on different areas/industries, how you can guarantee (first to yourself) that your project will succeed even though you are new in that industry?

3. I saw on raisingcapitalsecrets.com that you had experience on internet business
Could you please elaborate more on how you find the opportunity, how you validate it? and how you know the elements to built the system?
I'm on module 3 now and doing the homework of reading ebooks that you suggested.

Thank you very very very much and speed ++

Cheers,
Awan

Mexanik

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Nov 4, 2013
Europe
Thanks a lot, Zen. I'm planning to have a bunch of meetings with investors in coming weeks, so it was golden info for me.

Carrots

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Apr 1, 2013
Texas
Dale, you are the F*cking best. You are what makes this community so valuable to people like us and I can't believe just how much gold you put out there for absolutely nothing. When I make it I'm going to New Mexico, tie you up, and take you to dinner.

nitroheadz28

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Aug 10, 2013
San Diego - NYC
Today is 2/28, Jack Edwards has his INSIDERS call a few hours ago and mentioned this one (I think?). After listening to this one as well, its a lot to take in on one day. It was an absolute pleasure to be able to briefly see into the mind of someone truly amazing on here for an hour, this has me re-evaluating my approach to building business for sure. I admire your attitude and fearlessness, thanks a ton Dale.

Spartan

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
239%
Mar 3, 2014
Just listened to the recording. Thank you so much zen*******. This advice is worth the price of being an INSIDERS by itself! I took 5 pages of notes. Rep transferred.

Ambitious_Drive

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
227%
Apr 6, 2014
Just clicked the link to download the call, but looks like it's down now. Anyone else have another link or can please upload this call? Thanks!

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ

ari_ari

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Apr 6, 2014
Dale
I just want to say thank you for an incredibly value packed call + access to the course.
If you haven't yet listened to it, you need to STOP whatever else you're doing and find an hour and just pay attention, because this call is more then just about raising money.
It's about Delivering VALUE, being able to SCALE, and changing HOW YOU THINK.

You could sell this call for $299-999, easy. It's part of being an INSIDERS - go and download it now!

Nur

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Apr 4, 2014
thank you Dale,

moving to this from 30 day challenge :D

pds

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Apr 28, 2014
NYC
I just joined the INSIDERS and this alone validates why I made the right decision.

Thanks a lot Dale! The call had so much value in it and the website has even more.

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
suburbs of savannah in Ga
Listening to this now :) @zen******* loved the call! you crack me up! Hey can I borrow $5 bucks? LOL

thank you again. (I don't know how I could possible ever thank you enough for everything)

csalvato

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
May 5, 2014
Rocky Mountain West
@(zen*******) Dale, thank you a lot for this call.

I have been working on a project for a while now, and I struggle with going on/pivoting or cutting off all effort and going on to work on new things.

After this call, I realized that getting investment might be a good way to go for this project (it would involve tech and a mobile app). I planned on a first rev of a mobile app for $2000.

So I sat down and worked out my figures based on existing data. I used current conversion rates, opt-ins in a way that would create a compelling story for a potential investor.

Anyway, at the end of this analysis, I was like "this really sucks". I would never get an investor to jump on board with this - so why was I bothering?

This marks a big mindset shift for me. I approach myself as my own investor. I need to see spreadsheets with realistic efforts before dedicating time/capital to tests.

Over the past 24 hours, I am consistently asking myself, "If I were to do this would it get an investor to be very compelled to jump on board with the project?"

Most times, that answer is NO, where it would have been YES.

That point aside, this call was another great eye-opener to the true abundance and infinite nature of money -- so long as you have a VERY compelling offer/business model.

Thanks a lot. I really appreciate it.

Rep transferred+++

WeMoE

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
Oct 21, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
OK. It may be because it's getting late, but I haven't been able to find the recorded call. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads