The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I need to escape the sidewalk

G

GuestUser8117

Being on sidewalk sucks so much. And because I live in a wealthy city makes it worst. Waiting for the bus and walking by foot is the worst feeling on earth when all the people around you drives a F*cking beautiful mercedes benz. And then you enter the bus and you see tired people and no one is smiling. The last time I just wanted to smash the window. And I can't even drive a car because of chronic pain. It is just not acceptable. And all the fancy restaurants which I cannot go eat. So I have no choice but to be a fastlane or leave the city and live in a less expensive city.

That being said I am researching a product which consist of a mix of essential oils and some health supplements. I am testing some things to have more energy during the day.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
2015-05-17_2326.png

How about you finally get off your a$$?

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL

ddzc

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
May 22, 2012
Toronto
Being on sidewalk sucks so much. And because I live in a wealthy city makes it worst. Waiting for the bus and walking by foot is the worst feeling on earth when all the people around you drives a F*cking beautiful mercedes benz. And then you enter the bus and you see tired people and no one is smiling. The last time I just wanted to smash the window. And I can't even drive a car because of chronic pain. It is just not acceptable. And all the fancy restaurants which I cannot go eat. So I have no choice but to be a fastlane or leave the city and live in a less expensive city.

That being said I am researching a product which consist of a mix of essential oils and some health supplements. I am testing some things to have more energy during the day.

No one around here is going to feel sorry for you, especially theag. It's the harsh reality. If your not in an environment which motivates you to work and make a difference in your life, then pick up your shit and go move elsewhere. If you want to live in a less wealthy city, then what are you waiting for? Get up, go, and get to work.

Achilles

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Oct 2, 2014
You here these replies op? No one cares about bullshit excuses. All that matters is results. Your gonna sit on that bus everyday for the rest of your life unless you do something about it. I was the same for a while. I thought the world owed me an easy life. World doesn't owe me shit I got to be make it on my own no handouts nothing. Its going to be the most satisfying feeling.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ

Over 2.5 years ago you started a progress thread (Sept 12, 2013)

The very first sentence...

"Okay. Now I'm making things happen. No more whining, no more complaining, no more excuses. 100 % accountability."

So, how has that worked out for you?

Last edited by a moderator:

jason91

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
May 15, 2015
USA

You chose where you are today. Remember that.

EvanOkanagan

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Aug 2, 2013

Your mindset is the biggest thing holding you back. "Can't do this, this sucks, can't do that"

Your first step is to shut up and stop complaining. Try it for a week.

Aidan

Next Year, you will wish you had started Today.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Jun 13, 2014
Toronto, Canada

You should read this book again, if you've forgotten everything in it. Knowing yourself, that you are stuck on the Sidewalk, and still complaining about it 4 years later, tells me that you have no interest in actually becoming fastlane (how bad do you actually want it?). The option is always there, you just have to DO IT and take appropriate actions that will actually make you progress.

Becoming Fastlane isn't an event; It's a process. The process begins by spending your time doing something instead of whining on the forums.

Last edited:

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
List out what you will do each of the next four days to get out of the situation you are in. Then do it.

ChrisJTurner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Mar 13, 2015
UK
Waiting for the bus and walking by foot is the worst feeling on earth when all the people around you drives a F*cking beautiful mercedes benz.

The illusion that executive car owners are successful, is just that... an illusion.
Most people who drive such cars, tend to struggle to pay for them.
If you have to go by foot or bus, then thats cool, just as long as you are sorting your shit out.

However, as @theag quite rightly pointed out, you need to get off your a$$.

The Grind

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Oct 17, 2014
Money doesn't care about you.

Money doesn't care about how confused you are.

Money only cares about getting value.

Money will come if you give value to people.

Furthermore, nobody cares about you or your post, the only one who cares is you.

In fact I only came here to type this little "Money doesn't care thing" to tell myself I typed something cool.

And to see theags response :)

People are designed to only do things that directly benefits themselves, figure out what they want, give it to them. Take their money.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Sounds like right now you just need to line up some small wins. Buy something broken down, fix it, and sell it on Craigslist. Win.

I think I might have suggested this 4 years ago when you joined (then disappeared) several times over the years. Sad to see nothing has really changed. Are you still living with your parents as you alluded several years back?

BTW, if anyone feels similar, the solution isn't to step out into the world thinking you're going to create the next Apple or Facebook -- you have to start small and grow your confidence one inch at a time.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
@obrian How dare you ruin an epic thread full of great content with your memes.

Last edited:

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
I see frowning faces on the subway every morning on the way to work... never lets me forget what im fighting for. It's all about perspective?

mws87

talk less, listen more.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
May 5, 2015
California
I'm still a new poster here, and am by no, NO means fastlane. I'm in the slowlane trying to escape at the moment, but I'm still going to give my $0.02 on this because yes, as mentioned before it's all about perspective.

Read the first part of your post- about your environment. Dude, all those things you dislike are SIGNS. Signals you should be picking up on telling you "hey, I don't like this, I'm going to change it. I have to change it." YOU. Do what others aren't, get on the bus full of the sad, glum faces and smile because you're going to do what it takes to get off the bus.

The other part about the Mercedes Benz driving citizens. Like another poster mentioned in here, ILLUSION. Don't be an illusionist, man. I know a guy who drives a $100k Mercedes AMG and he probably has about as much money in the bank as I do (not much). It reminds me of my (slowlane) job... I'll have clients who show me their bank statements, pay statements etc. Bank accounts- overdrawn. Pay statements - minimum wage, and complaining about how the government holds them down. Yet, they're wearing shoes that cost probably $100 more than mine, their all swiping through Instagram on their $800 phones, they're wearing all this designer shit yet they came in on the bus. The point is, most of those who have all the "it's", don't really have. Someone else does. The bank owns the car/house/etc.

To me, you're focusing too much on events and not enough on process. I understand you have chronic pain, but the world doesn't owe you. The world doesn't owe me, it didn't owe MJ. Only you can figure out the solution to the problem. Focus on your process to reach the event. You mentioned moving to a cheaper city, which may be good, but don't let it lead to another slowlane mask. I live in the Bay Area of California, man, tell me about expensive. But, I won't just up & move yet, I've gotta pay due to the process to get to the event.

In closing, I'm not trying to come off as a jerk, or even as a "guru" (I'm actually quite the opposite, total schmuck), just trying to give you another way of looking at it. I would have said "hey, be positive, good things will come" but that's the candy bar b.s. way of looking at it.
I hope you have some take aways from all the replies, if not, a total mindset revamp is needed. Don't take critique badly, use it as a tool.

Cheers.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.