The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I don't know what to do anymore.. should I just accept mediocrity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lights

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Apr 13, 2011
On the Internet
You must had realize the reality of living? Work like a horse to get financial freedom at a risk.
My suggestion is to really sit down, take the whole day off, mark it on your calendar. Think why you want to be financial free... how are you going to get there, and when you do... will you be happy now? Living is only meant to die, so relax, take it easy.. don't stress, we're all the same, looking for that temporary high that make us feel "special" and "love".

Well... it's ok.

Brentnal

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Jan 23, 2013
Netherlands/Sidewalk
Every time I seem to motivate myself, it dies a few days later.
Every time I set goals, I change them a few days later.

I can't decide on what I want, I make so many plans and nothing ever happens. I've finally taken action a few times, and in each instance I attack too aggressively and end up way over my head.

I no longer know what to read. And when I do choose something I can barely focus because I'm thinking about the next thing I'm going to read.

I can't make up my mind on my fastlane vehicle(s), I'm incredibly overloaded with information that I can't make sense of. I'm so lost. It's rather pathetic that I'm going to quit before I ever really start.

I have no guidance, no support system, no idea where I'm headed, no idea what I'm doing. There are no rules, no one to be accountable to but myself, and that's no motivator. I'm starting to lose faith in myself.

Sure, I got rid of TV, but I've just replaced it with the computer. I lose track of time and spend entire days, just reading and doing nothing online.

And just as always, I'm making excuses. I'm so pissed at myself, I get this far, and for what? to quit.

In a sense, this a plea for help/guidance. I just need to know where to start. The little bit of control that I had I seem to have found in my life seems to be slipping away again.

This seems to become a pattern. I build up the motivation and the drive, I have nothing to be accountable for, and I get overloaded or quit, and watch it slip away. I skipped 4 out of 5 of my first classes already this semester in the last two days.

Life is kinda' falling apart again, and I don't know what to do.

Maybe the problem is that I should be a slowlane person with a job and blindly following other people's orders? It seems it could be better, considering I can't even follow my own. I just always thought I belonged in the fastlane... I'm not so sure anymore. But at the same time I'm not sure of anything.

I'm sorry to all who's time I've wasted when they gave me advice/suggestions etc. It truly was a waste. I'm not even so sure that I'll follow through with the advice that you'll offer me now. I'm just being honest.

Ryan

HOLY SHIT what you experience is just me you completely explained what i am going through.
I actualy thought the same that i actualy should be medeiocre person but i force myself to do something usefull.

D

DeletedUser394

This was 3 (THREE) years ago.

Thanks, go away.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Well how have things changed? Where do you think you are at now?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

goodfella

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Apr 4, 2013
Operating a business with decent cash flow. Nothing phenomenal, but enough that I'm able to quit my job and start travelling internationally without really having to worry.
Dude you're complaining about mediocrity when you're traveling around the world for reasons other than a business trip. You need to bootstrap and get to work bro.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.