The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How To Ignore Spammers

kwerner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Oct 4, 2007
First of all - props to LightHouse for showing me how to do this...

I figured other members would be interested in knowing how to do this as well, so I thought I'd post a quick "how to" thread on IGNORING users / members that are notorious spammers / douchebags.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm tired of reading through these guys' bullshit spam-filled posts; so if you want to avoid having to see or read anything they post, and put them on your "ignore list", here's how to do it:

1. Click on the user's name - this will open a dropdown menu
  2. Click on "View Public Profile"
  3. Once your at the users public profile page, click on "User Lists"
  4. Select "Add to Ignore List"
  5. Confirm by clicking "Yes"

Now the spamming S.O.B. / douchebag is on your "Ignore List" and you no longer have to read through any of their B.S.!!!

:groove:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
You shouldn't need to do this, all spammers are banned within reasonable time limits. Some get warnings and change; others, the big ban comes out after the warnings are ignored.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
Yeah, MJ, but there are a bunch of people doing this to BryanC right now.

He may get banned sooner or later, but until that time, he's invisible to those who have already complained about him (or who don't want to complain, but are sick of his posts).

Hey, to all of you reading this: The Mods NEED you to read these posts-- that's the only way the mods are going to find out about these turds in our punchbowl.

So if you want to help out the fastlane, please don't block/ignore the people you dislike (unless it's more a personal thing).

And if you don't want to go public on this, report it as SPAM--- that email goes to all the mods, automatically.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA

BryanC

Banned
Oct 20, 2008
Palm Beach
LoL. It's funny how my thread took off and if I get banned over it, I'm not to surprised. I mean it's not really a loss to me. It's pretty much Forum Marketing 101. I will admit I didn't actually post my site with the intent to spam. I mean MJ, I don't want to sound like I'm Gene Simmons here, but ever since you made it so that it shows the latest post on the landing page. Which is really cool I might add. Every post I make is like Gold.

Well gold for me, I don't know about you guys. I do think after I saw you guys were in defiance to my search engine I may have jumped in front of the hose and start posting random... well... crap... of no content. I feel bad but maybe what I did is out of selfishness.

Maybe I am selfish but aren't we all selfish.

I really don't want to get banned over this but, I see it brewing if I don't just stop posting altogether and go into exile like Saddam Hussein. Apparently, every post I make is considered spam now.

I feel like that dude in the Bible who had to walk around with a mark on him because he killed able. Is there anyway I can get sum Fastlane redemption?

I'm sorry... :'(

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
I will agree that you should let the mods know if it's bothering you. I also acknowledge that several have complained about BryanC.

It's a tough balance between being heavy handed and being too lenient. Newbies are not so tough. They have no reputation built up, no history, they're gone. BryanC has been around for a while, has over 200 posts to his credit, and has quite a few rep points. He's not a newbie. Up until this latest incident I had not heard a complaint about him. He even sent me a PM this morning and told me he was sober and it was quite civil.

Here's the dilemma. All of the veteran members go through good and bad times in our lives. Not a single one of us would want to be judged on our bad days. I don't know what is up with BryanC all of the sudden. I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt just as if any one of you would have had a bad day. I have had a long PM conversation with him. I have told him that if he wants to act like that then he has to accept the consequences. He has been warned by MJ and me, at least. What he does with the warning, I don't know.:cheers:

BryanC

Banned
Oct 20, 2008
Palm Beach
Yeah, your right Runum. I've been a dirty little stinker. I probably do deserve a slap on the wrist and what I got coming to me. I just know I'm going to wake up one day and try to log on and it's going to say banned. I am guilty of jumping in front of the hydrant. So that's the price to open said hydrant. :(

But wouldn't you? LoL.

Look I'm not trying to sound like a cocky bastard here but look at how much the site went up on Alexa ranking just from posting sum silly messages. I'm a bad guy for posting all that stuff I posted but, what can I do about it now. You're right, I'm probably going to suffer the consequences but, what can I do? In all due respect, I don't know whether to fear being banned or enjoy the great feeling in my gut.

So there ya go, MJ & Runum. Thanks for crushing my dreams. You guys have a wonderful site and I don't have shit.

But I do have my dignity at least!

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Yeah, your right Runum. I've been a dirty little stinker. I probably do deserve a slap on the wrist and what I got coming to me. I just know I'm going to wake up one day and try to log on and it's going to say banned. I am guilty of jumping in front of the hydrant. So that's the price to open said hydrant. :(

But wouldn't you? LoL.

Look I'm not trying to sound like a cocky bastard here but look at how much the site went up on Alexa ranking just from posting sum silly messages. I'm a bad guy for posting all that stuff I posted but, what can I do about it now. You're right, I'm probably going to suffer the consequences but, what can I do? In all due respect, I don't know whether to fear being banned or enjoy the great feeling in my gut.

So there ya go, MJ & Runum. Thanks for crushing my dreams. You guys have a wonderful site and I don't have shit.

But I do have my dignity at least!

In the end, short term gains (traffic) could make you lose something that could be a greater long term asset (this forum), So you need to choose wisely which is more important.

BryanC

Banned
Oct 20, 2008
Palm Beach
Thank you, you said it so well Light House.

And it's amazing how this principle of miIking a long term relationship versus going for a killing with one deal is so applicable here. I mean gosh, look at this! I could have had a place in the signature and it would have just generated traffic with my link in that as I regularly posted. And the latest posts are now on the landing page so all I'd have to do is post REALLY good content that people like.

Look, I don't know about you guys... but I feel like you guys hate me, despise me, and want me gone so I am going away for a few weeks and I won't post anything till I get my thoughts on this together. I'm really starting to feel real bad just even posting because now I don't feel like what I post even has value.

I realize ultimately if I don't get banned right now posting this it's going to be up to me to change myself. I'm me going against a crowd and the only way I'm going to win is if I some how find equilibrium in my sensational lust for traffic and writing satisfying forum content for you guys.

I'm signing off for now. Bye bye.

Update: Changed my mind.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Thank you, you said it so well Light House.

And it's amazing how this principle of miIking a long term relationship versus going for a killing with one deal is so applicable here. I mean gosh, look at this! I could have had a place in the signature and it would have just generated traffic with my link in that as I regularly posted. And the latest posts are now on the landing page so all I'd have to do is post REALLY good content that people like.

Look, I don't know about you guys... but I feel like you guys hate me, despise me, and want me gone so I am going away for a few weeks guys and I won't post anything till I get my thoughts on this together.

I realize ultimately if I don't get banned right now posting this it's going to be up to me to change myself. I'm me going against a crowd and the only way I'm going to win is if I some how find equilibrium in my sensational lust for traffic and writing satisfying forum content for you guys.

I'm signing off for now. Bye bye.

You are not banned, if you were going to be, it would be done. Cut the victim roleplay and post something valuable to the community. Something like the lesson you just learned from all this and i think you will be in the clear.

kwerner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Oct 4, 2007
*General question* Just out of curiosity, if someone does get banned, are they just banned from posting on the forum or are they banned from even viewing the forum?

Not looking to find out, :smxB: just curious.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
They can still read the open forums. They can't read the private forums. Just he same as if you log off, you can still read some of the stuff.

TC2

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Jun 30, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
look at how much the site went up on Alexa ranking just from posting sum silly messages

BryanC:

I don't mean to disappoint you! Is the Alexa ranking that important?

I can get a new site rank from 15M to less than 1M in 3 days. All you need is a good dig, stumbleupon and get on Yahoo Buzz. I have done so many times. You can even pay people to visit your site for very cheap price, if you really care about the Alexa ranking.

Alexa ranking from 15M to 2.5M means nothing. It's just a useless number, because it's so easy to manipulate the sudden traffic. If you really want to make your site a success, you need to respect your visitors. Don't just post fake results on so many forums and annoy other people. Especially post those false claims by using other company's technology. You may get a lot of attention now, but you may spend more time to do damage control later on.

I know there are attorneys out there watching what is happening on the Internet, who loves to sue people like you to make them rich and make you bag them not to do so.

I think you are a smart guy and I don't care if you have a bad day. Deal with what you are facing and don't do something stupid!

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
BryanC:

I don't mean to disappoint you! Is the Alexa ranking that important?

I can get a new site rank from 15M to less than 1M in 3 days. All you need is a good dig, stumbleupon and get on Yahoo Buzz. I have done so many times. You can even pay people to visit your site for very cheap price, if you really care about the Alexa ranking.

I believe that a 7,000,000 alexa ranking corresponds to about 20 visitors a day. I think, although I'm not sure (because I don't have any 8,000,000+ sites) that a 8,000,000 alexa is 10 a day. So you doubled your traffic from 10 to 20 visitors a day! :notworthy::coco:

Bryan, I read your posts over the weekend but didn't reply to any of them. Personally the content of the posts didn't really affect me. I just thought maybe you were high or drunk.

What bugs me is that you now stated the reasons on why you did them. You have been justifying your actions based on the fact that you were doing it for your website exposure. This says to me that you are willing to spam, argue and annoy people to drive traffic to your site.

Many of us here know how to spam, trick people and many other unethical ways to get traffic to our sites and increase business. However, we choose not to employ them be cause we morally wouldn't feel good doing it.

The fact that you thought that making those posts was a great way to get traffic (+10 visitors) by annoying others in this community says allot about you. On top of that the site that you are promoting has false claims and fake images and seals. This is how you lose credibility and trust and honestly you'll probably never get it back from some people on here.

If you really wanted to get more traffic on your site, all you had to do was ask and we could have came up with hundreds of better ways than what you did.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
I don't know about you guys, but I'm tired of reading through these guys' bullshit spam-filled posts;

Now the spamming S.O.B. is on your "Ignore List" and you no longer have to read through any of their B.S.!!!

:groove:

I'm curious as to who is on other people's ignore list. Do people on here have a long list of ignores? ;)

TC2

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Jun 30, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
I believe that a 7,000,000 alexa ranking corresponds to about 20 visitors a day. I think, although I'm not sure (because I don't have any 8,000,000+ sites) that a 8,000,000 alexa is 10 a day. So you doubled your traffic from 10 to 20 visitors a day! :notworthy::coco:

This is OFF topic! Maybe someone can move this post to somewhere else.

That above statement is not true. Alexa treats a web site with 2M+ ranking the same. 7M is basically equal to 15M. If you are lucky, your new site will get beyond that range. You, then, go from there to climb up. It will be harder and harder when you reach close to 50K.

Alexa ranking algorithm has changed since 2007. Here are some of the factors that Alexa used to calculate the traffic ranking.

1. Reach - How many unique visitor
2. Page View - How many page were viewed
3. Page view per visitor
4. Length of the visit
5. Bounce Rate based on the #3 and #4
6. Organic Traffic resource - Especially from search engine

My coupon site gets close to 397,183 ranking from 16M since I launch it on March 1st, but it only gets about 30+ unique visitors a day consistently according to StatCounter. The average page view per visitor is 7 and bounce rate is close to 40%. Main traffic sources are search engine (Google) 37.52%+.

I have other site that has over 470 unique visitors per day with average 1 page views per unique visitors (Shame on myself). That site has over 780K ranking.

So the number of visitors don't means you have good ranking. The page views and bounce rate does matter. A good quality site will definitely have more page views per visitors and are more likely be found through search engines. People wanting to get higher Alexa ranking are for one purpose and one purpose only. Advertisement!

Many affiliate sites and advertisement companies such as Adbrite use Alexa to measure traffic of a site to set the Ad price. So people end up paying Amazon Merchant Turks to visit their site to get a better Alexa ranking. And who is the winner here? Amazon. They own Alexa and Adbrite.

If your site has Alexa Ranking greater than 50K, there is nothing to celebrate or to be proud of. MJ should be proud of!

Just my 2 cents

BryanC

Banned
Oct 20, 2008
Palm Beach
Well guys... I never knew some of this stuff it's very interesting. So what you're saying biophase is that by spamming the fastlane I only got about 5 more visitors to my site?

No way!

I didn't know that Alexa was totally worthless and didn't mean jack sh*t overall! No body has ever said those things to me so now I know.

Terenchange, how many sites do you have and what would you do to a search engine site to make your search engine more applicable to users? What would be your estimated bounce rate and page views for a search engine like mine? I mean I know it's not Google, and I'm not the best but hey at least I can try. :thumbsup:

Also guys, what should I do to gain credibility? Do I need a higher post count here? I have 200 to my credit according to Runnum here. I mean the way you guys make it sound, the key to everything is basically just site content. Should I prioritize all of that over everything else...?

I am after all trying to make this the top search engine in the world. If your guy's advice will help me get there, then why don't you just tell me exactly what you want to see out of a search engine and I will do it!

Bryan

kurtyordy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Aug 28, 2007
PA
Also guys, what should I do to gain credibility? Do I need a higher post count here? I have 200 to my credit according to Runnum here. I mean the way you guys make it sound, the key to everything is basically just site content. Should I prioritize all of that over everything else...?

I am after all trying to make this the top search engine in the world. If your guy's advice will help me get there, then why don't you just tell me exactly what you want to see out of a search engine and I will do it!

Bryan

1. a testament to the quality people here is that you are still being given advice despite your ridiculous display this weekend. You should be extremely grateful.

2. If I buy a lambo, and scratch off the lambo name and write Kurtbo on it, it is still a lambo, and unless there is some compelling reason, I doubt very seriously that I could build a Kurtbo brand off this business model.

3. I think your best chance of getting any traction would be to build a niche site and develop some loyal visitors, then saying to them- do you love xyz.com, help us support it by doing all your searches at xyz.com.

4. People tend to leave a current business for 2 reasons, poor service or high cost. Since it costs me nothing to search on google, then that is negated, and I am currently happy with the service. Since neither of these are really a factor, you need to appeal to peoples love of you (may have some ground to make up after this weekend) or your project. Either way, I think it is a tough road ahead, but good luck.

btw- apology accepted for the punch in the face comment, and I do love candy.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Your problem is you. Anyone that puts up a website, blatantly lies, throws up phony seals, and spams, tells me one thing: You are lazy. You want the reward without the work. You are green, naive, and have a lot to learn.

Want credibility? Engage yourself in a project that isn't spun from the fabric of "get rich lazy while smoking pot" but hard work. Hard work. A website that takes 15 minutes to build just doesn't cut the "hard work" grade.

Like here is a project that is spun from hard work..
http://www.thefastlanetomillions.co...ternet/19612-vipwithme-com-status-update.html

Most of us just want to help ... but as they say, you can lead a horse to water...

Timberland

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
36%
Sep 22, 2008
I feel like that dude in the Bible who had to walk around with a mark on him because he killed able.

Since you like to refer to the Bible, check out Mark 8:36... "For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"

kwerner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Oct 4, 2007
I'm curious as to who is on other people's ignore list. Do people on here have a long list of ignores? ;)

I only have 1 person on my ignore list - I'll give you one guess who it is :smug2:

BryanC

Banned
Oct 20, 2008
Palm Beach
Well, good job, you make it seem like I'm motivated purely by profit. I'm like the Maddoff spam king-pin of The Fastlane To Millions.

But, I don't really think that's what is important. I think what IS important is that you guys are telling me what I need to hear. Even tho the little voice inside my head is resisting it. Maybe it is that I am just resisting change.

Maybe a deep side of me resents my life thus far so I am attracted to the ideas of easy riches without hard work. And I guess as we all know, "Get Rich Quick" schemes just don't exist.

Everybody is telling me I need to do Hard Work to make it... but I'm still addicted to THC so I guess it makes it that much more difficult. Man I got a lot of reflecting to do because this is sum serious crap I am going through now. I really feel like I need to change.

And yes, I do realize it's ME who is wrong. I am not saying I am a victim. Maybe I am just incompetent with no real idea of a path I am walking.

I mean how do you KNOW when you're on the right path and you lose that fear of uncertainty? You know where pure faith takes over. I seem to have the desire and faith I will make it but, man. I don't know. Like I said great posts so far and it's definitely something I needed to see posted here.

I will try to make my posts more satisfying and less controversial.

P.S. - Kurt... I apologize about saying I was going to punch ya in the face man. I'm definitely ashamed of myself for saying all of that stuff...

TC2

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Jun 30, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
People still pay attention to Alexa? :cool:

I don't pay too much attention on the overall ranking, but I do pay attention on the bounce rate and page views about other web sites.

Here is what I use Alexa for:

1. Watch how my competitors are doing for a period of time
2. Find a new target to catch on

Like I said, Alexa ranking over 1M means nothing. So I only pay attention those sites with ranking that is above 100K.

If my competitors are doing much better, I need to find what they did and learn from it. If I pass my competitors, I will remove them from my watch list and find another site to keep my list short with 10.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
Plenty has been said. It is time to move on...

This community is awsome. :icon_super:

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
And I guess as we all know, "Get Rich Quick" schemes just don't exist.

Bryan,

"Get Rich Quick" does happen and it exists -- it happens every day. A 28 year old who is worth millions obviously "got rich quick". I feel I got rich quick. However, don't mistake "Get Rich Quick" for "Get Rich Easy" ... anyone who acquires wealth fast will tell you a story of smart, hard work as a prelude to their event.

Wealth is a process not an event. The media loves to glorify the event so what happens? People get preoccupied with the wealth event and neglect the entire process. Get Rich Quick schemes sell because people want their event, but don't want to deal with the "process".

There's another thread in this forum about "how many properties did you buy?" Jason mentioned he's bought several, but before doing so -- he sat down and "data mined" the MLS and compiled data ... this is an example of process. While most people will sit back and say "wow, he bought 8 properties" they tend to overlook the "process" because it is work. The event becomes people's focus because it is the fun stuff. This is why most will fail at their ventures ... they care nothing of process and seek only events. These people are perpetual, life-long money/opportunity chasers who start poor, and end poor. This is the road (I think) most of us are trying to steer you away from ...

mtnman

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Oct 3, 2007
I think you're still manipulating the community, but I'll leave it at that.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm ready to see threads about makin money!

BryanC

Banned
Oct 20, 2008
Palm Beach
Bryan,

"Get Rich Quick" does happen and it exists -- it happens every day. A 28 year old who is worth millions obviously "got rich quick". I feel I got rich quick. However, don't mistake "Get Rich Quick" for "Get Rich Easy" ... anyone who acquires wealth fast will tell you a story of smart, hard work as a prelude to their event.

Wealth is a process not an event. The media loves to glorify the event so what happens? People get preoccupied with the wealth event and neglect the entire process. Get Rich Quick schemes sell because people want their event, but don't want to deal with the "process".

There's another thread in this forum about "how many properties did you buy?" Jason mentioned he's bought several, but before doing so -- he sat down and "data mined" the MLS and compiled data ... this is an example of process. While most people will sit back and say "wow, he bought 8 properties" they tend to overlook the "process" because it is work. The event becomes people's focus because it is the fun stuff. This is why most will fail at their ventures ... they care nothing of process and seek only events. These people are perpetual, life-long money/opportunity chasers who start poor, and end poor. This is the road (I think) most of us are trying to steer you away from ...

Well, I definitely don't want to end poor.

I know I sure did start with nothing but, I don't want to end it with nothing. I'd really like to create a situation where I can create wealth fast but also do it with some sort of personal and social value fulfillment. Why get legitimately rich if I still feel to shallow inside or lack the competence in socially acceptable business practices to enjoy it? I don't believe I've neglected the process, though, if anything it's amplified for me by getting real world forum marketing experience right here. I failed on the fastlane and now my mind is more fastlane. And plus, how many people can say this after they do legitimately get rich: "Yo, I failed on the fastlane on my way to doing it legitimately. Because of that failure, it changed my life. Now I AM fastlane!"

I mean yeah, I ventured into some shaky waters but look at all the insight I got from MJ, Runum, and others.

I don't think I will end poor in particular. I will end in jail before I end poor because if you DO have a mechanical system in place WHILE you're doing various ventures like plabu... you have room to screw up like I did here. Trust me, I wouldn't have the time to sit online trying these various tactics if I didn't have sum street success. Plus on the street the original principle you started out with grows rapidly bigger because your clientele rapidly increases. As you go in and out of the black markets I mean. It's all cash. You can start with $60 on the low low your principle investment will turn into $120 in a day. Then you just snow ball it from there retaining your principle and using profits to capture the demanded asset for flip. Then eventually your relationships become better and better you've created liquid locomotive system of transference of the good to your consumer. You could have 15 keys on consignment at one time and no evidence you are benefiting from such a system because your agents are the ones out there taking the risks while you sit at home playing video games.

It could be days where you see a $5000 cash deposit turn into $10000-$15000. But, you still only taken out like $10 at a time to live on for the day because you're so obsessed with watching the numbers on your Dianne Kennedy Rich Dad financial statement grow. You could flip weight in your pajamas. But yo, you see I got there quick and fast thru that game and now I regret it. I'd actually like to be a part of a real venture that isn't a scam and does create real value for the community.

I mean I never said any of this stuff in public before but, thats the real real man. You guys talk about selling out for money. Where I come from the people are conditioned to sell out for money. If you got a brick, that is what we consider rich. You see it everyday as a child and even more as you are entering adult hood. You see best friends who you thought were ya brother turn into strangers.

I was riding 26's when I was 16 man. Thousands in paints, rims, interiors, and you got to have a system and your motor got to be 454 and runnin cause you can't resist it... You livin fast, crazy, and rich. You feel rich as F*ck when you can walk into a winn dixie with a stack in your hand and walk out with over $1000 in premier food while you're cousins in Bell Glade eat Ramen Noodles.

l_577c50ebe98b4e5289562a19fbc261fa.jpg

Here I am at 15 when I had sold my lawn business:

l_76cee54d6e8240c595154570712bc588.jpg

No body knows what you're doing or how you do it but they know you got it.

But that's not really what I wanted to post about here. What I really come to this site in particular for is Entrepreneurial inspiration so that I might one day do it legitimately. You know? This place is like a street hustlers rehab. I think another thing I am looking for is a venture with some spiritual value behind it. How do you find these ventures?

I am constantly trying to come up with ideas over and over again and then I never seeeeeem to come up with anything that is legitimate. It always turns into some scam like our Time Share venture we started last year. A few partners and me got together, bought a commercial building for a few mill, made a site, and bought a shit load of leads on people who HAVE timeshares and want to GET OUT of their timeshares.

I couldn't resist it because the money is so good.

I mean... we know when they send us the money for the ad on our site after we tell them that everybody else is a scam and we have tens of thousands of buyers calling us and visiting our site daily interested in buying timeshares that their ad will be on our website forever and they'll never sell the time share. I mean we are selling them on their dream of getting rid of the pain of having and owning the timeshare and the money comes in every time. I mean yeah, I feel bad because of it. I know damn well and good they will never sell their time share but what am I supposed to do? Why are they stupid enough to send the money? Especially, when we just straight up pocket that shit and make a Text Ad on a site with no visitors or customers that they can go look at all day in anticipation of getting a call!

It's like come on man, some of these people are repeat offenders bro. It's sad. Like in our little legal contract we made up it says on that paper that you get no refund if your ad is listed for 6 months on our website and nobody buys it. They are so hooked on the idea that they have to get rid of it that we raised our rates after the first batch of 6 monthers ended. We raised the rates rom $1,398 per 6 month ad term to $1,548 and they STILL send it!

WTF?

So I guess really, HOW DO you learn how not to give into temptation. I mean look at me here, my soul is possessed by demons in the forms of diamonds and lexuses. Why am I so addicted to Rothschild Liquidity?

God save me because I have indeeeeeed sinned. Do you guys think there is any hope for me or do you think I'll limbo like this the rest of my life... It's sad because when you said: "The event becomes people's focus because it is the fun stuff. This is why most will fail at their ventures ... they care nothing of process and seek only events. These people are perpetual, life-long money/opportunity chasers who start poor, and end poor. This is the road (I think) most of us are trying to steer you away from ..."

The light bulb glowed numbingly white that if I don't get help soon, I'm going to be in some major shit!

kurtyordy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Aug 28, 2007
PA
Do you guys think there is any hope for me

Best advice I can give you at this point, take a month away from these forums. People are still pissed, so at best you are just amounting to noise at this point. At worse, you are reinforcing their opinions. I would say take a month away, and then come back and demonstrate a different spirit.

Granted, I do not speak for the community, I am just telling you, with human nature people need a time to get over you weekend stunt.

This is my last try on this. Like Matt said, back to making money.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.