The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How To Ignore Spammers

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
BryanC said:
Maybe I am just incompetent with no real idea of a path I am walking.
Competence comes with experience. The more you do, and learn from it, the more competent you become
BryanC said:
I mean how do you KNOW when you're on the right path and you lose that fear of uncertainty?
You never lose your fear of uncertainty.

It may lessen, as you gain success. And (I'm sure you've seen this around you)-- lots of insecure guys may FAKE like they've got it all together. The bling is part of hiding the insecurity.

Deep down, they know what's really true.

Warren Buffet still lives in the house he bought for $31,500 back in 1958. He drives a non-flashy American car.

He's the second richest guy in the entire US.

Does he have enough to buy bling? Of course.

Thing is-- he doesn't NEED to.

He's dealt with his demons, and knows that buying or showing off expensive stuff is not the key to happiness-- or to staying wealthy.

The key to building wealth, and staying wealthy-- is learning how to make money. As MJ has said, developing systems that are both automated and scalable (ie, can grow, exponentially, in a very short time) is a great way to "Get Rich Quick".

For us, "Getting Rich Quick" may take years-- not a few hours or days.

Because next to spending 40 years at a J.O.B. to get a 401K that loses 50% of its value in one year-- that's the Get Poor Slow method.

BTW, I smoked for years (I was, and still am, a Dead Head). Had my last doob at a Dead Show (Valentines day, 1988).

Stopped b/c I was stoned for 3 weeks solid afterwards (walking into walls), and realized I was getting too old for that sh*t.

I won't bore you with my story. Suffice to say my life changed in big ways when I stopped.

-Russ H.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

AroundTheWorld

Be in the Moment
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jul 24, 2007
What I am about to tell you is something that I have only said to one other person on these forums. - - Something similar, anyway.

Stop posting here. If you need to lurk - fine. Great, in fact. There is a wealth of information here that you can benefit from.

But don't post here again. At least not until you have genuinely learned something and actually made some forward progress. It is impossible to learn with your mouth flapping.

So my advice to you is this:

1. Stop posting here.
  2. Start reading here. Read all you can. Read the Legendary list.
  3. Do some self reflection.
  4. Take positive action.

Then - and only then come back here and post. Post what you have learned. Post what you are doing. Ask questions about how you can improve. But, don't sell us on your latest deal. We are your peers... perhaps a few of us could even be your mentors. We are not your customers.

This is my challenge to you. You will be better off if you rise up and meet it. So will all the members of this forum.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
Great advice, ATW.

I was on the richdad forums for almost 2 years before I made my first post (and it was on something I knew something about and could share: Playing cashflow 101).

It took months before I felt brave enough to ask a question on one of the other forums, and it was again quite a long time before I began to post on things--b/c it took time to learn, and implement, what I was learning on the forums.

-Russ H.

TC2

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Jun 30, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Great advice, ATW.

I was on the richdad forums for almost 2 years before I made my first post (and it was on something I knew something about and could share: Playing cashflow 101).

It took months before I felt brave enough to ask a question on one of the other forums, and it was again quite a long time before I began to post on things--b/c it took time to learn, and implement, what I was learning on the forums.

-Russ H.

Well. In that case, I think I am talking too much too early! :) Hope that did not make me sound stupid, because I felt that I don't know much about everything. However, asking stupid question and got slapped on the head by someone in the forum makes me realize there are things to improve. Otherwise, I will be sitting in the green house and never learned from my own mistakes.

I think we should still encourage people to post their stupid questions without the stupid action and help them out. That's what make this forum more open and more success.

I am sure I will be listening more though!

AroundTheWorld

Be in the Moment
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jul 24, 2007
I think we should still encourage people to post their stupid questions

For the most part.... I absolutely agree. Lurking can only get you so far. Jumping in and starting to ask all those questions adds an accelerant to your learning for sure.

However, that is a different situation than this one.

This one requires some lurking for learning.
Different solutions for different people ;)

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
suburbs of savannah in Ga
What I am about to tell you is something that I have only said to one other person on these forums. - - Something similar, anyway.

Stop posting here. If you need to lurk - fine. Great, in fact. There is a wealth of information here that you can benefit from.

But don't post here again. At least not until you have genuinely learned something and actually made some forward progress. It is impossible to learn with your mouth flapping.

So my advice to you is this:

1. Stop posting here.
  2. Start reading here. Read all you can. Read the Legendary list.
  3. Do some self reflection.
  4. Take positive action.
Then - and only then come back here and post. Post what you have learned. Post what you are doing. Ask questions about how you can improve. But, don't sell us on your latest deal. We are your peers... perhaps a few of us could even be your mentors. We are not your customers.

This is my challenge to you. You will be better off if you rise up and meet it. So will all the members of this forum.

lol Im pretty sure the person she is referring to is me lol.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
You should take a statistics or accounting course, BryanC.

I did. So have many of the successful people on these forums.

-Russ H.

^eagle^

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Mar 17, 2008
Florida
Well, I definitely don't want to end poor.

I know I sure did start with nothing but, I don't want to end it with nothing. I'd really like to create a situation where I can create wealth fast but also do it with some sort of personal and social value fulfillment. Why get legitimately rich if I still feel to shallow inside or lack the competence in socially acceptable business practices to enjoy it? I don't believe I've neglected the process, though, if anything it's amplified for me by getting real world forum marketing experience right here. I failed on the fastlane and now my mind is more fastlane. And plus, how many people can say this after they do legitimately get rich: "Yo, I failed on the fastlane on my way to doing it legitimately. Because of that failure, it changed my life. Now I AM fastlane!"

I mean yeah, I ventured into some shaky waters but look at all the insight I got from MJ, Runum, and others.

I don't think I will end poor in particular. I will end in jail before I end poor because if you DO have a mechanical system in place WHILE you're doing various ventures like plabu... you have room to screw up like I did here. Trust me, I wouldn't have the time to sit online trying these various tactics if I didn't have sum street success. Plus on the street the original principle you started out with grows rapidly bigger because your clientele rapidly increases. As you go in and out of the black markets I mean. It's all cash. You can start with $60 on the low low your principle investment will turn into $120 in a day. Then you just snow ball it from there retaining your principle and using profits to capture the demanded asset for flip. Then eventually your relationships become better and better you've created liquid locomotive system of transference of the good to your consumer. You could have 15 keys on consignment at one time and no evidence you are benefiting from such a system because your agents are the ones out there taking the risks while you sit at home playing video games.

It could be days where you see a $5000 cash deposit turn into $10000-$15000. But, you still only taken out like $10 at a time to live on for the day because you're so obsessed with watching the numbers on your Dianne Kennedy Rich Dad financial statement grow. You could flip weight in your pajamas. But yo, you see I got there quick and fast thru that game and now I regret it. I'd actually like to be a part of a real venture that isn't a scam and does create real value for the community.

I mean I never said any of this stuff in public before but, thats the real real man. You guys talk about selling out for money. Where I come from the people are conditioned to sell out for money. If you got a brick, that is what we consider rich. You see it everyday as a child and even more as you are entering adult hood. You see best friends who you thought were ya brother turn into strangers.

I was riding 26's when I was 16 man. Thousands in paints, rims, interiors, and you got to have a system and your motor got to be 454 and runnin cause you can't resist it... You livin fast, crazy, and rich. You feel rich as F*ck when you can walk into a winn dixie with a stack in your hand and walk out with over $1000 in premier food while you're cousins in Bell Glade eat Ramen Noodles.

l_577c50ebe98b4e5289562a19fbc261fa.jpg

Here I am at 15 when I had sold my lawn business:

l_76cee54d6e8240c595154570712bc588.jpg

No body knows what you're doing or how you do it but they know you got it.

But that's not really what I wanted to post about here. What I really come to this site in particular for is Entrepreneurial inspiration so that I might one day do it legitimately. You know? This place is like a street hustlers rehab. I think another thing I am looking for is a venture with some spiritual value behind it. How do you find these ventures?

I am constantly trying to come up with ideas over and over again and then I never seeeeeem to come up with anything that is legitimate. It always turns into some scam like our Time Share venture we started last year. A few partners and me got together, bought a commercial building for a few mill, made a site, and bought a shit load of leads on people who HAVE timeshares and want to GET OUT of their timeshares.

I couldn't resist it because the money is so good.

I mean... we know when they send us the money for the ad on our site after we tell them that everybody else is a scam and we have tens of thousands of buyers calling us and visiting our site daily interested in buying timeshares that their ad will be on our website forever and they'll never sell the time share. I mean we are selling them on their dream of getting rid of the pain of having and owning the timeshare and the money comes in every time. I mean yeah, I feel bad because of it. I know damn well and good they will never sell their time share but what am I supposed to do? Why are they stupid enough to send the money? Especially, when we just straight up pocket that shit and make a Text Ad on a site with no visitors or customers that they can go look at all day in anticipation of getting a call!

It's like come on man, some of these people are repeat offenders bro. It's sad. Like in our little legal contract we made up it says on that paper that you get no refund if your ad is listed for 6 months on our website and nobody buys it. They are so hooked on the idea that they have to get rid of it that we raised our rates after the first batch of 6 monthers ended. We raised the rates rom $1,398 per 6 month ad term to $1,548 and they STILL send it!

WTF?

So I guess really, HOW DO you learn how not to give into temptation. I mean look at me here, my soul is possessed by demons in the forms of diamonds and lexuses. Why am I so addicted to Rothschild Liquidity?

God save me because I have indeeeeeed sinned. Do you guys think there is any hope for me or do you think I'll limbo like this the rest of my life... It's sad because when you said: "The event becomes people's focus because it is the fun stuff. This is why most will fail at their ventures ... they care nothing of process and seek only events. These people are perpetual, life-long money/opportunity chasers who start poor, and end poor. This is the road (I think) most of us are trying to steer you away from ..."

The light bulb glowed numbingly white that if I don't get help soon, I'm going to be in some major shit!

If you want self esteem then do esteemable things.

diana

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Oct 21, 2009
if you think that you don't know the sender, just ignore it or just make a specific folder for the spam

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Finally had to add another one today. The previous two are gone (and you all probably know which two they are, lol)

Bump for those who don't know or just want to block the negative arrogance you may come across so you can keep on track and not let it pull you down.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Someone spamming that I don't know about??

No, sorry the thread title is a bit off but this is the only ignore list thread. I added one for this reason...

or just want to block the negative arrogance you may come across

personal preference really.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Bump, this is great for ignoring people who ask ask ask, never do anything with advice, never provide any value etc. This can save you some time, but use wisely!

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
If only I could get rid of the "show post" button after putting people on ignore. My curiosity too often gets the better of me, to my mental detriment...

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.