The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Finally moving to Scottsdale, Arizona!

splok

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Jul 20, 2012
Summers in Norway (and WA) can get SUPER super muggy, sticky, and humid as heck - even at like 80-85F. That to me is way worse than a dry, dry 110. :)

And no one has air conditioning, at least in rentals. 86 today with 70+% humidity. I occasionally find myself thinking that it's crazy to move somewhere that's 30 degrees hotter, but then I remember hot places have great AC, heh.

Eskil

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jul 18, 2012
Scottsdale, AZ
And no one has air conditioning, at least in rentals. 86 today with 70+% humidity. I occasionally find myself thinking that it's crazy to move somewhere that's 30 degrees hotter, but then I remember hot places have great AC

Yes... this exactly. I first got to experience in-home air-conditioning when I came to the US (when I was 23). Air-conditioning in homes are pretty much unheard of where I'm from (and from what I hear it's pretty uncommon even in the UK), so all that humid/muggy heat also comes inside your home and you're tossing and turning in sweaty bedsheets all night in the heat of summer, lol.

@bensonj - You can use Raid on those things like you can a wasp or bee?

Side note: A while ago I talked to an older woman who left Scottsdale and moved to WA because she "loves the rain" (yes seriously, lol). Anyway, she said they had a scorpion problem where they lived, to where they had to put slippers on at night to go the bathroom because they would frequently be in and around their hallway or bathroom at night. Yikes. She also said if you have fruit trees around your home, scorpions are somehow drawn to that but I'm not sure how much truth there is to this.

Windsurfer

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Jul 5, 2013
Minnesota
Will she be here on August 22nd? She could come to the Roaring Fork with the group. The question is, would she be comfortable enough to come along with our group?

@SteveO - Sorry for the delayed response. She will be down there Aug 22. Her classes start around the 20th and she will be going down there on the 15th. She is interested but she thinks she will be trying to figure out her way around ASU and what she needs to do to settle in to the University (Translation - party, meet guys, you know.. the important college stuff).

If it works, she will try, but don't count her in. I think she is a little uncomfortable with strangers right now - even though she will be hanging out with about 76,000 of them at ASU:) I'll come together with her at another time too. I will watch for the meetups and try to catch a flight down.

Thank you so much for the invite - we really appreciate it!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

bensonj

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
348%
Jul 2, 2013
@Eskil Yep good old fashioned raid lol…saw a baby one yesterday - he's no longer with us either Lol…

I didn't see any when I was in Scottsdale - the house I am in now is older and not sealed well…I know that's how they are coming in…Looking forward to moving back to Scottsdale in a well sealed modern place :)

Eskil

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jul 18, 2012
Scottsdale, AZ
YAY! We made it here safe! After a grueling long, trecherous drive in a P.O.S. Uhaul truck that leaked oil all the way across 1800 miles (over mountains, deserts, and storms) - we effin' made it to Scottsdale! I am now officially a Scottsdaler too! :) Will write more soon as I'm just typing this on my phone..

allthatjazz

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
May 31, 2013
Scottsdale, AZ
You made it! I was going to invite you to Cars and Coffee today if you're into that sort of thing, but I figured you might have other priorities at the moment :D.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
You made it! I was going to invite you to Cars and Coffee today if you're into that sort of thing, but I figured you might have other priorities at the moment :D.

I've been wanting to get to one of these but have yet to make it to one.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I've been wanting to get to one of these but have yet to make it to one.

Indian Bend and the 101, probably until 9pm. Yup, today Saturday.

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
You made it! I was going to invite you to Cars and Coffee today if you're into that sort of thing, but I figured you might have other priorities at the moment

Where in the world have you guys been hiding? Things going well?

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Indian Bend and the 101, probably until 9pm. Yup, today Saturday.

Cars and Coffee is on Scottsdale Rd and Doubletree Ranch RD on the 1st Saturday of the month. Cars get there around 7am. Lasts until about 11am. Usually exotics at this one.

MJ, I think what you are talking about is a different car show with mostly American muscle cars. I don't see any exotics at that one.

Eskil

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jul 18, 2012
Scottsdale, AZ
You made it! I was going to invite you to Cars and Coffee today if you're into that sort of thing, but I figured you might have other priorities at the moment

Oh yeah I definitely want to check that out. Looking at the map, it's only like 3.7 miles from our house :) so next 1st Sat of September I'll be there.

Went to the grocery store late last night (Fry's)...
Maan... that is the nicest grocery store I've ever seen! Lol.. covered parking, fountains at the door, a nice library-style bookstore in the middle, and more. Lovin' this place!

AND... everyone's SO friendly around here :) :) :)

No wonder people can thrive so well in these surroundings for both personal life and business.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.