The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Eating out almost everyday

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...
G

GuestUser8117

OP is Canadian, and food prices in Canada (at least certain parts) are ridiculous. That includes groceries, and takeout/eating out, except McDonald's and Tim Hortons which are cheap.

I guess you can live on just that.

Indeed. But at least the food is of good quality in many groceries.

Mike Kavanagh

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
134%
Aug 17, 2013
Did you even read the original post?
Lol, he may of been multitasking and posted to the wrong page. Pretty funny.

As for eating out or buying groceries, it is completely up to you.

I prefer to eat out because its convenient. However I can make several meals(6 or 7) to take to my slow-lane for about $20-$30. If you actually cook instead of getting convenience food you save a shit-ton.

Don't get me wrong, if you want hot pockets and tacoquitos get them but you're going to be out $10 and many meals.

Hickory grilled chicken drizzled with lemon, basil, butter sauce sounds absolutely delicious right now... And will only cost about $17 to make it.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

elliot

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
14%
Dec 21, 2012
Kent United Kingdom
When you have a partner who does all the cooking and shopping for you, who needs to actually go out? That was a joke! Luckily my country has so many healthy food places as its a massive thing here when I see the food in the us on tv shows I cant believe it!

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I have gone months at a time with nothing more than a case of water in the fridge. Ill tell you, it is fun, but when my largest custom suit is a tight squeeze... It really shows what eating out does to you. Even when you try to do it healthily.

I remember calculating it once at like 1500 per month. That is the lease pmt on a masarati... So I figured what I was doing was stupid financially and also physically. So I eat out 3 or 4 times a week now instead of 15.

At my heaviest I was 230. I am now hovering around 200.

G

GuestUser8117

I have gone months at a time with nothing more than a case of water in the fridge. Ill tell you, it is fun, but when my largest custom suit is a tight squeeze... It really shows what eating out does to you. Even when you try to do it healthily.

I remember calculating it once at like 1500 per month. That is the lease pmt on a masarati... So I figured what I was doing was stupid financially and also physically. So I eat out 3 or 4 times a week now instead of 15.

At my heaviest I was 230. I am now hovering around 200.

Cool. I was 225, now around 212. I believe it is called fasting? It must be hard not having anything in your stomach.

hellokitty

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Mar 21, 2013
Eating out CAN add up! Whenever I feel lazy and don't bring lunch to work and I go back to check how much I spent on restaurants, I see $80 a week!! Imagine if you multiply that and get the yearly amount ...$3840 a year almost! just to put it in prespective ;)

Get Right

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
477%
Jul 16, 2013
Sunny Florida
Eating out CAN add up! Whenever I feel lazy and don't bring lunch to work and I go back to check how much I spent on restaurants, I see $80 a week!! Imagine if you multiply that and get the yearly amount ...$3840 a year almost! just to put it in prespective

$80/5 = $16/day for a 1 hour opportunity to meet a new client, consultant, future partner, local celebrity, future spouse....I'll take that deal everyday of the week...and I do.

botnickguy

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Jul 20, 2011
Detroit, Michigan
If you have a slow metabolism you can get away with eating less. I have the good and bad of having a somewhat slow metabolism even at 19. I can get away with not eating much but when I do eat much I don't get away with it. I even preserve muscle.

Not to go off on a tangent here but the point is a healthy diet can pay off, especially if you want to pursue fastlane pursuits. If you're slimmer you eat less, you can eat less to become slimmer, and if you eat healthier, you will have more discipline and a clearer mind. It's not always cheaper to have a healthy lifestyle but there are many ways to skin the grocery cat and honestly your body doesn't need more than a few things from a grocery trip. I only keep healthy goods around the house and then if I'm treating myself out it will be out of the house. Only healthy food at home is ALWAYS a good habit. Some people need a little treat around the house to stay sane though. I'll raise my hand.

Some resources to check out, Google Leangains, Intermittent Fasting, Nerdfitness, Paleo Diet, Paleo Hacks, and learn a bit about nutrition. You might not care about health but the research is definitely worth the time investment.

Sindi

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Sep 8, 2013
I find that I save ALOT of money and TIME when I prep my weekly meals. It's also god to know for my peace of mind exactly what I'm eating (no hidden nasties), and my budget is much easier to work out.

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
595%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
It's a goal of mine to eat out more.
Changing my environment up really helps unlock my motivation.

Making a sandwich myself and then eating it doesn't even register as a footnote in my day. It happens, and I usually eat it while continuing to work.

However eating lunch at a local diner, seeing people living their lives, relaxing, and clearing my head while somebody else makes me food really invigorates me. I have sparks of genius and I run off back home to EXCITEDLY do work, and it always ends up being a lot more productive than if I had been working while I ate.

Thanks for re-framing this. I often think of eating out as "bad" or "evil", but it's actually an opportunity to get out of the house and take a break to re-focus/energize. There are plenty of healthy fast food places around here so that part isn't an issue.

The breakthrough is that it's kind of like having a very temporary employee.

Paying someone to make food for you totally frees up a small amount of your time for other things!

:D

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.