The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Cryptocurrency Experience

Anything related to bitcoin, crypto, blockchain

Marvinyo

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Apr 1, 2014
Bloomington, MN
I have a few BTC with me. I seriously can't keep up with all the fluctuating market prices. I keep seeing these new alt coins popping up from no where, too. They're basically all pump and dumps.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Jake

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
May 15, 2011
Bangkok
I like Vert now that it's gone sub $1
It's my only alt and I've built a substantial position in it. Litecoin doesn't carry many advantages over Bitcoin once centralization of mining begins to take place with the rollout of Asics. VTC is a superior #2 coin. I think it will begin gaining ground once the current GPU mining rigs become worthless.

mememan

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Oct 16, 2013
My personal view of speculation strategy is that you try to buy a range of things in a particular market dirt cheap and hope that 1 or 2 go to the moon, a couple do ok, and you cut your losses on the rest, and you accept that you have a real risk of losing almost your entire stake.

This is my take as well. I probably went too deep too quickly with the number of alts I have, and am investing less BTC per coin now (but with the overall fall, I'm probably getting the same amount of coins I would have before). I also went ahead and am trying to at least get $10-$20 in each Cryptostock just for the hell of it. The first time I went through, I got top top 40 by volume and put in maybe $50 on each. The values are falling so much that even $10-$20 has double or tripled my older positions in some cases.

I haven't been establishing new alt positions after the CR debacle, but I'll stick with what I was doing and try to toss at least 0.01BTC into every alt just for the exposure. Crazy stuff can happen. Like I somehow got ahold of 5k BTCS for 0.05BTC, saw it peak at like 5-6BTC, and then am watching it at around 1BTC now.

The only thing I am considering adding as larger positions, say 1BTC a piece, is in PoS coins that pay above 20% p.a.

Scofield

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
14%
Feb 15, 2014
BTW, if you want a little laugh, check out this anti-BTC Youtube
rant by brilliant financial advisor Dave Ramsey, the same guy who has bashed precious metals for many years even as they skyrocketed and who advises his cultlike followers that they should invest in frontloaded mutual funds on which he claims you can get a consistent return of 12%. Sure, his "get out of debt" advice is fine, but he's talking to people who plan to stay in the same type jobs for many years and sock away money in the stock market thinking they are going to get rich.

Ramsey himself made his money the Fastlane way-real estate and media :rolleyes:

Re: David Ramsey

I wouldn't doubt it if he has a big stash of BTC and was waiting for the prices to drop so that he can buy in low.

His fastlane is probably his brand and his authorship, while selling everyone a slowlane like the other David that MJ DeMarco mentions in his book.

exige

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Aug 20, 2013
Bucks County, PA
The only thing I am considering adding as larger positions, say 1BTC a piece, is in PoS coins that pay above 20% p.a.
I'm not a believer in those types of coins. I guess we will see how it plays out, but remember the way proof of stake works it is not really "interest". It increases the money supply. That 20% payment is not a payment, it is new coins that are created and reverse-scarcity. This is why I won't buy coins like ECC other than trading in and out of them if there's an opportunity and volatility.

I have really started to come around to Jake's thinking. The only coin I am long on now is BTC and I will probably start looking into vert as well. Everything else is just for trading.

Personally I think we are going to see a sea change in the alt world over the next year especially after this summer and into the 4th quarter. If you put on your fastlane thinking cap and zoom out a bit, you can start to see where the serious opportunities are. I'm not going to disclose what those are, because I'm actively pursuing it. But once the big guns start getting involved it is going to marginalize all this PnD stuff. I'm pretty sure I'm going to bite and sponsor that BTC conference, I have found a way to merge crypto and my fastlane activity.

CryptO

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 20, 2012
The Blockchain
So, I made several Bitcoin last week with Blackcoin.

Today, cashed back into BC. The dedicated pool is approaching 2000 megs or 2 Gh/s .... that's pretty impressive because it gives them about 13 btc buying power each day.

No idea how far BC can go but $0.04 for a coin (this popular and showing no sign of dying) with approx 100 million cap in the near future, seems like a deal.

Great to see, lot's of positive bitcoin news too.... I feel another bubble is going to happen in a couple of months, buyers will be gearing up for it, but we must be careful and try to sell up high (when the time comes) based on past experience to not be kicking ourselves afterwards.

Got 50,000 FAC as a very small, risky, but potentially lucrative play.

Paleo

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Mar 3, 2014
I bought more BC over the weekend myself-as you said the current price just seems like a good deal.

I'm exploring the idea of mining Vert. At the current price it's not profitable, but if it becomes the major secondary coin and goes up to anything like LTC levels, it definitely would be

CryptO

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 20, 2012
The Blockchain
Bitcoin looks set to be integrated into a major French supermarket chain.

First step they plan to have Bitcoin available as a means of payment for online orders, then they envisage payments being possible in physical stores (supermarkets) this will be a first as far as I'm aware.

French article here : http://www.journaldunet.com/ebusiness/commerce/patrick-oualid-oualid-monoprix-bitcoin.shtml

Finally some important, real world Bitcoin development in France and some more ammo for me to silence the doubters with.

Paleo

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Mar 3, 2014
I assume you took some profits on FAC, Alty, that was a great spike right after you bought in :)

BTC broke below $400! Last time it was there was November. Oct 31 was at $200. I doubt it will go that low again but I wouldn't mind if it did. I'm guessing somewhere around $325-$350 will be the new support level.

Bought more VTC yesterday at $1.05 and today it's at $.91. Crap!-wish I had hesitated now. Oh well- buyng more BTC, VTC and BC today (3.7 cents) since the market is way down. Buy the dip! :jimlad:

CryptO

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 20, 2012
The Blockchain
Yes, I bought some more FAC too after yesterdays fallout.

Bitcoin, Bitcoin, Bitcoin.... always so illusive and hard to predict.

People are cashing out of Alts into Bitcoin and selling Bitcoin for fiat, hence bleeding alt markets.

I'd also like to say it's presenting some great buying opportunities for the day Bitcoin makes a recovery, I'm going to keep buying Alts this time. Perhaps some more BC or MINT or something else.

CryptO

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 20, 2012
The Blockchain

I used to have quite allot of those at one time, back when it was more popular.

This recent surge I'm not really sure if it is sustainable?

Is there any reason for it? What does the coin do other than fast transactions that practically all coins do now?

biggeemac

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jun 25, 2011
well, the buzz all over twitter is that someone from Zeta is on his way to africa and that there is a huge gamechanger in the works that should be announced shortly. The big run up in price was because of the hype and excitement that this caused.

CryptO

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 20, 2012
The Blockchain
well, the buzz all over twitter is that someone from Zeta is on his way to africa and that there is a huge gamechanger in the works that should be announced shortly. The big run up in price was because of the hype and excitement that this caused.

Sounds familiar, build up hype on the promise of a "game changer", raise price, sell and make btc.

I'll be keeping a close eye on the ZETA story now, just in case.

Jake

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
May 15, 2011
Bangkok
BTC price back on up today. Was going to buy big yesterday. I was too busy/ Too late now. Next dip. Im in BIG
I'm sure there will be another dip I'm just not sure it will be lower or significantly lower than the current price. Do your own DD of course.

Unless a significant problem arises with the protocol that takes us to $0 I don't see what could hold us down much longer. Technology which decreases costs, allows for more efficiency, speeds things up, and does them more securely simply doesn't vanish in extinction which this downtrend would signify. Funds are getting fat with coins and these guys want a healthy return.

I like this chart to put things in perspective.

Bk-r5ypCAAAheiZ.png:large

CryptO

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 20, 2012
The Blockchain
Blackcoin on the rampage today... Battered the 10000 satoshi walls during the night and into the 12000s

Glad I stocked up on it, plus, sitting on a very large pile of Faircoin too...

Hoping FAC rides on the back of Blackcoins success as people start looking for ways to repeat it.

Worldisyours

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Oct 20, 2013
Blackcoin on the rampage today... Battered the 10000 satoshi walls during the night and into the 12000s

Glad I stocked up on it, plus, sitting on a very large pile of Faircoin too...

Hoping FAC rides on the back of Blackcoins success as people start looking for ways to repeat it.

I dont knw how you keep up with all of the alt.

Most of them are crap or will be in the future.

The problem is its unregulated, so alot of scammers, stupid concepts.

Bitcoin is mainstream. This is good for now. more infrastructure will be invested

CryptO

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 20, 2012
The Blockchain
I dont knw how you keep up with all of the alt.

Most of them are crap or will be in the future.

The problem is its unregulated, so alot of scammers, stupid concepts.

Bitcoin is mainstream. This is good for now. more infrastructure will be invested

Bitcoin had first mover advantage. But, put it this way.

If you have success at trading Altcoins (which is all I do for a living), you make ALLOT more Bitcoins than you started with.

CryptO

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 20, 2012
The Blockchain
Blackcoin clearing up :D

Tip of the month, buy FAC (Faircoin).... get as much as you can get your hands on and hold tight.

It will rocket at some point in the next few days / weeks.

CryptO

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 20, 2012
The Blockchain
I did this one before and I'll do it once again.

I will back you up and pay back any losses you may have under 3000 satoshis for Faircoin.

Get in now.

Or don't.

(You guys are my family) I do not lie to my blood.... You become my blood and I have BTC to back me up.

biggeemac

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jun 25, 2011
I'm down and FAC has been good to me so far. I'll see if I can grab 2btc worth.

CryptO

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 20, 2012
The Blockchain
I'm down and FAC has been good to me so far. I'll see if I can grab 2btc worth.

I will back you up and say this....

Something I don't do often.

Whatever you buy on FAC I will substitute any loss under 2000 sats.

Even if it is 500 BTC.

Alty is not joking.

I love you guys and I will buy FAC up to 20000 sats if nobody else does.

You got 4 weeks.

CryptO

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 20, 2012
The Blockchain
You ever lost anything in alts?

I promise that if you invest in FAC below 2000 sats.

I will back you up.

I can take it to 10000 all on my own.

It's going to happen with or without me.

Take advantage. Take a leap of faith and you will be rewarded.

Paleo

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Mar 3, 2014
I took a nice profit on Black this morning.

I'll roll over some into FAC

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.