The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Cryptocurrency Experience

Anything related to bitcoin, crypto, blockchain

mememan

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Oct 16, 2013
According to this https://cryptorush.in/documents/OfficialFyrstikkenOwnershipStatement-March142014.pdf Fyrstikken just bought 60% of cryptorush for $500,000.

That's the equivalent of roughly 800 btcs.

Their trading volume is approx 250 btcs per 24 hours, with a trasaction fee of 0.18%, earning the platform approx half a Bitcoin revenue per day (at todays volumes).

So, Fyrstikken will earn 60% of that half a bitcoin = 0.3 btc per day.

@ todays figures it will take him 2666 days to earn back his investment or 7.3 years.

He must have big hopes / plans for that site.

Yeah, when you phrase the purchase in an actually sensible way, looks expensive. I think at one point CryptoRush had 12,000 in completed BTC volume. So that's 21.6 BTC. I think CR was started at the end of January, so let's say 60 days in operation. Still get around half a BTC in revenue (0.36 BTC by this count) There's DOGE and LTC in there, but I don't think it was that much.

Cryptsy and Mintpal are really close volume wise. Really surprising a new exchange is giving Cryptsy a run for its money.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

exige

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Aug 20, 2013
Bucks County, PA
Yeah, when you phrase the purchase in an actually sensible way, looks expensive. I think at one point CryptoRush had 12,000 in completed BTC volume. So that's 21.6 BTC. I think CR was started at the end of January, so let's say 60 days in operation. Still get around half a BTC in revenue (0.36 BTC by this count) There's DOGE and LTC in there, but I don't think it was that much.

Cryptsy and Mintpal are really close volume wise. Really surprising a new exchange is giving Cryptsy a run for its money.
I understand what he's trying to do with CR, but personally I would take the capital and build something new from the ground up. CR/OpenEx/CoinEx/CoinMarket/etc. are all built from/originated from the same open source codebase that leaves a lot to be desired. There's a lot of new exchanges popping up now, but none of them seem to be "serious" dev efforts. The only thing I've seen that seems to offer the kind of features you would expect from a "real" exchange is Bittrex, but they are just getting started and it remains to be seen how robust they are.

CR took a big hit and got burned hard by the ZEIT fork. I find it comical that they are now going to implement limits on new coin developers etc. when they were originally built specifically so that devs of a crapcoin could dump on the public. We'll see how it goes I guess... Personally I most prefer MintPal now, I've had the best user experience with them.

mememan

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Oct 16, 2013
I understand what he's trying to do with CR, but personally I would take the capital and build something new from the ground up. CR/OpenEx/CoinEx/CoinMarket/etc. are all built from/originated from the same open source codebase that leaves a lot to be desired. There's a lot of new exchanges popping up now, but none of them seem to be "serious" dev efforts. The only thing I've seen that seems to offer the kind of features you would expect from a "real" exchange is Bittrex, but they are just getting started and it remains to be seen how robust they are.

CR took a big hit and got burned hard by the ZEIT fork. I find it comical that they are now going to implement limits on new coin developers etc. when they were originally built specifically so that devs of a crapcoin could dump on the public. We'll see how it goes I guess... Personally I most prefer MintPal now, I've had the best user experience with them.

I've seen a lot of sites using the Openex.pw technology (I'm guessing it originated with them; some later sites even have the same icons).

I think they're rebuilding CR according to the release statement. Fyrstikken was also able to reduce costs since he took a portion of what he bought and sold them via the new CRS ticker on the site.

Just got to find a place for my Coinye now :D

Paleo

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Mar 3, 2014
Can someone please create a summary thread for this. I have been wanting to read this but this is a giant a$$ post.

Step 1: Buy and sell digital currency

Step 2: ?????????

Step 3: Profit! :cigar:

Wow-Maza got pumped and dumped hard didn't it

CryptO

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 20, 2012
The Blockchain
Blackcoin got that x-factor hype going with the multipool tie in and it blew up. But, what a dump happening now.

CryptO

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 20, 2012
The Blockchain
Some Mintcoin pool dev has just copied Blackcoin and now Mintcoin has it's own multipool.

I must say, it is a very interesting concept.

It enables you to mine on the multipool for the most profitable coins and it will purchase and send you mintcoins in return. This might help to eat up some of those walls.

Last edited:

Scofield

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
14%
Feb 15, 2014
Some pool Mintcoin pool dev has just copied Blackcoin and now has Mintcoin has it's own multipool.

I must say, it is a very interesting concept.

It enables you to mine on the multipool for the most profitable coins and it will purchase and send you mintcoins in return. This might help to eat up some of those walls.
Very tasty indeed. I saw the price go from 15-16 satoshis to 17-18 satoshis a few minutes ago. The Mintcoin multipool concept is really interesting. You can now resume 'mining,' although, indirectly, but people can still use their GPUs to acquire Mintcoin in an efficient manner. This should boost up the price somewhat.

CryptO

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 20, 2012
The Blockchain
Indeed Colonal :p

They will need to get a ton of miners onboard for it to have a noticeable effect.

Will be worth keeping an eye on the hashrate to see if it picks up. Only at 7 megs atm.

CryptO

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 20, 2012
The Blockchain
I'll be going to sleep soon but my wall will remain in place at 18 sats.

Feel free to add buy support and let me know how much you added.

CryptO

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 20, 2012
The Blockchain
Update.

Just realised it could a very bad idea to wall up whilst I'm asleep. Better to wait for now as I need to see what is going on.

We will do it properly then.

Last edited:

CryptO

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 20, 2012
The Blockchain
Seems to be a little buzz in Aphroditecoin.

A coin 75% pre mined that is meant to be for the people of Cyprus (vomit).

Apparently their hashrate jumped from less than 1 Gh/s to over 5 Gh/s duing the night, but looking at the prices on the only exchange they have atm, Bittrex,it seems expensive already at 0.006. Of course I could be wrong and it could shoot to 0.1 but I'm watching from the sidelines for now.

CryptO

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 20, 2012
The Blockchain
Coinex might be hacked!

http://ilikekillnerds.com/2014/03/looks-like-coinex-pw-might-have-been-hacked/

I feel lucky to have taken most of my coins from there a few days earlier.

At one point I had over 20 btcs on that site, in fact only the other day when Zeit was getting a small pump I had over 15 btcs there.

Not looking good for coinex users at the moment, I feel sorry for all the people with their coins trapped, they were quite a busy site too.

What is up with these exchanges??!! Cryptoland is a mess at times.

CryptO

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 20, 2012
The Blockchain
Litecoin been in the spotlight recently for the first time in a while.

The excitement of it hitting Huobi soon is causing a nice price rise.

mememan

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Oct 16, 2013
Litecoin been in the spotlight recently for the first time in a while.

The excitement of it hitting Huobi soon is causing a nice price rise.
Litecoin's rise is disrupting my records. 1 LTC use to be pretty much 0.025BTC.

mememan

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Oct 16, 2013
Yes, it is making your litoshi coins more valuable! :)

Yeah, that is another gear for potential returns in these coins. Say they all crash to 1sat. 1sat is now about $0.000006. Let's say BTC hits $10k. Now 1sat is worth $0.0001. Coin is still dead, but as long as it is on an exchange, that's x15 for complete garbage.

mememan

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Oct 16, 2013
Yawn. CryptoLand is a little boring lately. Had some Bitcoin Scrypt sitting around that looks like it's taken a nice pop.

Paleo

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Mar 3, 2014
Bought some more Redd. I'm using Coinedup, but it was added to Crypsty a few days ago

mememan

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Oct 16, 2013
Bought some more Redd. I'm using Coinedup, but it was added to Crypsty a few days ago
Redd isn't cheap enough for me to want to buy more than I already have. So many coins are just stagnant or lose 95% of their value in a day or two after being listed that I just want the cheapest coins atm.

CryptO

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 20, 2012
The Blockchain
I'm feeling a strong attraction to Fluttercoin.

PoW / PoS and PoT or PoB (proof of transaction / proof of block).

Devs claim PoT to be new, I cannot confirm that but at least it is refreshing to see a coin with something different integrated into it.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=509499.0

I like the fact they got picked up by Mintpal and bter without the usual fighting and vote buying to get onto those exchanges.

Just feels good, but as Fluttercoin is relatively new, it's difficult to determine the base buy in price.

PSK

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
49%
Oct 18, 2013
UK
Yeah, that is another gear for potential returns in these coins. Say they all crash to 1sat. 1sat is now about $0.000006. Let's say BTC hits $10k. Now 1sat is worth $0.0001. Coin is still dead, but as long as it is on an exchange, that's x15 for complete garbage.

Assuming one is able to sell such coin!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.