The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Cryptocurrency Experience

Anything related to bitcoin, crypto, blockchain

CryptO

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 20, 2012
The Blockchain

JayKim

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Sep 4, 2008
Colorado Springs

http://ethereum.org/ethereum.html

http://www.coindesk.com/ethererum-launches-cryptocurrency-2-0-network/

Ethereum is launching this weekend as a decentralized mining network and software development platform in one, allowing people to create their own altcoins, among other things.

"This Saturday, a group of cryptocurrency advocates will unveil a new system that they hope will rewrite the rules of cryptocurrency.

Officially titled Ethereum, creators are calling it “Cryptocurrency 2.0″. It’s a decentralized mining network and software development platform rolled into one, and it will allow people to create their own altcoins, among other things.

The project, which will be unveiled at the North American Bitcoin Conference, is the brainchild of Vitalik Buterin, co-founder of Bitcoin Magazine, who has also been working on competing browser-based wallets Dark Wallet and KryptoKit. He wants new altcoins to be written for, and run on, Ethereum:"

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

CryptO

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 20, 2012
The Blockchain
Interesting history in the Alternative Cryptocurrency thread on Bitcointalk, alts were being pumped out way back in 2011 and before.

They were even calling them scamcoins, that's three to four years ago!

Some names I saw from 2011

iocoin
solidcoin
radioactivecoin
friendcoins
cosbycoin
nodecoin
PonziCoin <<< :D
Rocketcoin (don't think anybody built it).

CryptO

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 20, 2012
The Blockchain
I'm staying out of IFC and COL, I can't invest when they are this high.

MEOW is looking hot, Max Keiser just tweeted about it.

He's such a pumper, better be careful.

Last edited:

mememan

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Oct 16, 2013

CryptO

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 20, 2012
The Blockchain
You know what, maybe one of these cryptos will actually take off long-term. Look at this stunt HSBC is pulling; you actually have to have a REASON to take money out of your bank account now!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-25861717

Excuse my language but that is F*cking terrible!

I'd heard about his, also problems with Lloyds ATM's not allowing withdrawals.

What is this Cyprus 2.0?

Last edited:

exige

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Aug 20, 2013
Bucks County, PA
I almost used HSBC to open my business bank account. I'm really glad I didnt, and went to a local bank branch and sat down and started a relationship with the manager. If this kind of thing continues to pick up then yeah, I could see it driving up interest in cryptos (and their values). Makes me a lot more motivated to get an offline cold storage system working for my cryptos. Shrink wrap your fiat bills and drywall them in the walls?

exige

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Aug 20, 2013
Bucks County, PA
Well, you go and you download the paper on the gpu implementation of sha512 that someone on btalk dug up, you download the quark source and pull the keccak code out of it, download the gui miner v3.7 source code, and then code them all together, and compile your custom miner :)

mememan

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Oct 16, 2013
So openex.pw is closing again. Anyone aware of a multi-altcoin wallet or a exchange with these coins:

Binarycoin, Bitcoin Scrypt, Chaincoin, Cinnamoncoin, CryptoCash, Datacoin, Klondike Coin, Pandacoin, Radioactivecoin, Skeincoin, Teslacoin, Unitecoin

Yeah, I bought some absolute crap, I know lol :D

CryptO

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 20, 2012
The Blockchain
How does a pump & dump even last 4 mins? I get that you buy the coins ahead of time, but what makes people want to go crazy for a 4 min window and overpay massively for coins? You put the sell wall up and then they don't have a problem saying, wow, the coin was x10 less like an hour or two ago?

Social media channels.

There is obviously successful and failed PnD's some stretching out over several hours, 4 mins is probably a failed one or somebody with low funds.

The scammers who organise the big pumps have busy networks in social media channels etc and without doubt they'll buy up the coins long before they announce it, without disturbing the price perhaps weeks in advance. I truly believe that Max Keiser was guilty of a pump and dump with MEOW not so long ago. He put a cat video on his twitter and I believe that was his signal to dump or that he'd just dumped.

When they announce the pump to their followers they'll put down a few medium sized orders as BTC buy walls, and people will see that there is buy support and the pump is on. Because of this even people who didn't see the announcement get excited and start buying on top. As the coin rises the person or group who initiated the pump will sell into the rising demand and move the fake buy walls up accordingly artificially inflating the price as people are forced to buy ahead of them.

If the pump is gaining momentum and lots of external buy support comes in (above their own fake buy support) they'll pull their initial buy walls and literally dump everything they have on the people that we're buying the rise upwards. Quite a nasty business and people are able to get away with it on a daily basis in the crypto world.

exige

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Aug 20, 2013
Bucks County, PA
Yep, and it is getting more, I don't know what to call it "professional"? I've had so many offers come in to my coins from these professionally organized P&D groups. I just ignore them. I mean what is the point. The harder nut to crack is how to defend against them, if you are trying to build long term value in a coin, sometimes the coins can't recover from the P&D cycle and there's really nothing you can do about it. I might ignore the offers, but some whale in the coin might just pay them the 10BTC for a quick cash out (assuming they don't run with your money). Lots of risk in cryptos.

On another note, this article sums it up:
http://www.businessinsider.com/bitcoins-new-civil-war-2014-1

I don't know what the outcome is going to be. For now I'm still feeling Bitcoin will become largely irrelevant and something will supplant it. Mainly because of the folks who have infiltrated Bitcoin and attached themselves at the top and are pushing their own agendas.

exige

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Aug 20, 2013
Bucks County, PA
His coin may actually prove to be quite popular irrespective of whether he is a tool or not.
I can almost guarantee it will. I have released a number of CPU coins and I can say the Chinese will go absolutely nuts over it. Unless they've done something creative, I predict the difficulty will spike massively after release. Only viable way to mine it is going to be to spin up a whole bunch of cloud instances, like 80 Amazon large instances. The Chinese are organized. What we should do is setup a private Fastlane mining sub pool, to pool all of our collective hashpower, and point it at one of the larger pools. But this is a little involved to setup in just a week.

CryptO

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 20, 2012
The Blockchain
Would anybody else like to mine in a Fastlane pool?

I'll get one set up if there is a few miners interested.

We can have an IRC chanel etc and vote on which coins to mine.

CryptO

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 20, 2012
The Blockchain
Picked up some LEAF at 19 satoshis

Looks like there is some potential.

Way less coins than MOON : 21 billion verses 300 billion

So that (in theory) makes it a steal at 19 sats.

Got added to coinedup, plenty of support on bitcointalk.

Devs seem transparent and active. Something that was greatly lacking with MOON.

Will be interesting to see whether LEAF grows or wilts over the next few days. But I'd say growing conditions are looking pretty positive for now.

ALSO : Blockhalve @ 20140202T090138 +0100 amsterdam time. Will occur at 2 feb.

Last edited:

CryptO

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 20, 2012
The Blockchain
For these really crappy single Satoshi coins, in what order are trades executed? Like if there's already 10M at 1 Satoshi and I put my piddling 500k at 1 Satoshi, then the 10M would fill first, right?

That's how the queing systems work and the same for sales. They stack on top of one and other.

Just to make it clear, for those who may not be aware, always look out for the LTC equivalent on these 1 sat coins.

Dime for example (which I nearly bought the other day, thankfully chose not to) was at 1 sat on feshmarket and it only had the btc trading pair.

On coined up it was 22 litoshis (lowest litecoin denomination) much cheaper with ltc!

So look out for cheaper deals on the really low coins that have ltc trading pairs and often you'll get them for less than the lowest btc denomination (simply because btc cannot go lower than 100,000,000th atm).

CryptO

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 20, 2012
The Blockchain
Last edited:

JayKim

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Sep 4, 2008
Colorado Springs
https://developer.amazon.com/public...-Coins-A-New-Virtual-Currency-for-Kindle-Fire

INTRODUCING AMAZON COINS: A NEW VIRTUAL CURRENCY FOR KINDLE FIRE

February 4, 2013
Today we announced the upcoming launch of Amazon Coins, a new virtual currency for U.S. customers to purchase apps, games, and in-app items on Kindle Fire. When Amazon Coins launches in May, we will be giving out tens of millions of dollars worth of Coins to customers to spend on Kindle Fire apps, games, or in-app items.

http://auroracoin.org/

http://www.coindesk.com/cryptocurrency-auroracoin-every-person-iceland/

"Auroracoin is supposed to be distributed to the entire population by an “Airdrop” which should reach every citizen. That’s what sets it apart from other altcoins – it will have a large user base at launch, provided people take interest. This is, in part, made possible by Iceland’s extensive ID database.

It is an interesting concept, but it might have a few problems getting off the ground.

First and foremost, it will not be easy to reach the entire population and get them on board. Even if this happens, the government may choose to get involved, but it’s an interesting experiment nonetheless."

Last edited:

CryptO

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 20, 2012
The Blockchain
Ok so trading is great, but, being productive in this space and moving onto something Fastlane is obviously a good endgame.

For a few weeks myself and exige have been working on a coin called Antimatter, a rare coin that is only meant to be used as a store of value.

o0xqi0.png

www.antimatter.cc

ANT is being launched in a couple of days most. Just waiting for Fyrstikken to do the video for it, the current one is just a placeholder.

If you don't know Fyrstikken he's building quite a following on youtube with his crypto videos. A classic example being the one on Wolong and Doge. He should make a good presentation for Antimatter.

Exige has done a great job customising the wallet so it gives it a slightly better feel than the standard copy and paste coins.

zjvwhRJ.png

Antimatter is not out yet but already work has begun on a second one, that I truly believe will be a smash hit.

It's going to be called Rocket : and the tagline (for now) is: Past The Moon, Past The Galaxy

It'll be fast, plentiful and hopefully have a mixture many of features built into the protocol, that the community likes.

ifbxjd.png

Not sure whether to just leave it as Rocket or call it Rocketcoin

Website for Rocket(coin) will be up in couple of days too.

Then there are the forum announcements, promotions, ongoing communications with the community and fixing bugs etc etc...

JayKim

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Sep 4, 2008
Colorado Springs

CryptO

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 20, 2012
The Blockchain
Ouch.

Looks like I will sell out later this evening.

Actually bought 20,000 from Scharmbeck with FIAT. Nasty loss. :banghead:

If anyone wants to share a good altcoin to speculate on, please let me know.:tiphat:

Get your miner set up and get into Antimatter, the coin I am releasing from the first few seconds.

I'll give you plenty of warning before the release.

You'll be heavily rewarded for it and it won't cost you anything, all you need is a graphics card.

The first 20 blocks are quite large :D

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.