The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Cryptocurrency Experience

Anything related to bitcoin, crypto, blockchain

mememan

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Oct 16, 2013
Got 20k of these bad boys!
Tempted to get some crypto stocks too.

Just buy everything. If you got $5k+ to throw around on WDC, you've got enough to toss maybe $500-$1k on each alt and stock. There was no way every single coin was pumped and dumped in the last day or two. I have no idea why every one was up.

mememan

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Oct 16, 2013
By my count, there are about 160 coins and stocks to invest in between CryptoStocks, Openex.pw, Coinedup, and Cryptsy. I'm just going to go crazy and do half of my max come the 31st at market prices or slightly below based on where I stand in volume on my orders. Just missing out on Doge alone (my first order was 65k, the second for the same amount only garnered 5k) made "dollar cost averaging" into this stupid.

CryptO

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 20, 2012
The Blockchain
I think "the dodder" technique is pretty good.

Some of those coins will have the hell pumped out of them in the next few weeks, 100 x plus.

Thing is you probably want to keep a close eye on the ones that are taking off and sell before they crash.

It's a full time job.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

mememan

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Oct 16, 2013
Some of those coins will have the hell pumped out of them in the next few weeks, 100 x plus.

Yeah, I don't want to watch these and then, you of course have the potential for moving from alt to BTC and then to fiat, there could be a 50% or more loss in a single day crash sort of thing. Still, every alt pre-November is up massively, so just revisiting in 1 year and selling everything or half of everything is a viable strategy.

I think I'll just keep it simple and put sell orders for half of everything at x100. I don't think x1000 is likely for many of these guys, but it could happen :p

CryptO

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 20, 2012
The Blockchain
I'm staying out of IFC and COL, I can't invest when they are this high.

MEOW is looking hot, Max Keiser just tweeted about it.

He's such a pumper, better be careful.

Last edited:

PSK

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
49%
Oct 18, 2013
UK
How is this better than Cryptsy, aside from having a different web wallet in case Cryptsy turns out to be dishonest or lax in securtity?

So here's to hoping there is a slight correction come the end of the month. I'll be sitting on a decent amount of BTC to swap into the alts. I may just make market orders when I get ahold of the coins since, although I can't check cryptmarketcap, I think I left a decent amount of money off the table by wanting to get into to the alts over 2 months instead of just all at once.

Wouldn't say its anything like Cryptsy. Scharmbeck is WDC exclusive and allows you to trade USD directly for WDC (and vice versa).

It's got potential in that it can potentially open the market to people who don't want to convert USD to BTC to WDC. Etc.

Chris_Willow

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Jul 8, 2012
EU
not sure if this has been posted earlier, but here's an infographic on the history of bitcoin that I came accross today.
the-definitive-history-of-bitcoin-infographic.jpg

mememan

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Oct 16, 2013
Has anyone been able to get 7-day returns on cryptmarketcap.com or knows of another site? I want to see how much Coinbase cost me ;)

CryptO

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 20, 2012
The Blockchain
Not used that cryptsy balance checker yet on cryptocoincharts, I'm a bit freakish about security.

I'd like to get some reassurance before using that.

You might find this helpful if you knew how much of each Altcoin you could have bought last week.

http://www.cryptocoincharts.info/calculator.php

mememan

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Oct 16, 2013
Not used that cryptsy balance checker yet on cryptocoincharts, I'm a bit freakish about security.

I'd like to get some reassurance before using that.

You might find this helpful if you knew how much of each Altcoin you could have bought last week.

http://www.cryptocoincharts.info/calculator.php

As am I, hence I don't want to give my "secret key." I saw that other tool, but honestly, I'm too lazy to put in the numbers ATM. I'm waiting for Cryptsy to bring balances back and hopefully they'll add a coin by coin balance line. Some of the coin values are zero in this tool though even though they have a trade value on Cryptsy.

I'm thinking of getting LastPass, using their USB option, and continuing to use 2-factor authentication on these sites. Like with coinedup, they had some weird Google OpenID thing. Just want to be safe.

I may have to break my equal weighting a little on these Cryptostocks, since it doesn't look like they offer fractional shares. However, you just need one of these to turn into a Google for it to pay off (or actually a company a lot crappier than Google would do lol). You can rank by market volume or market cap. A decent amount seem too crappy for me to even touch (I mean, less than 1 BTC in market cap, come on).

CryptO

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 20, 2012
The Blockchain
I used to keep an simple excel spread sheet and set a reference time of 7.30 am each morning on coinmarketcap.

It was set to show me my USD balance and Bitcoin balance.

This worked well for only holding a few alts but once I started day trading I stopped that for obvious reasons.

A site to secure Altcoin wallets online would be much appreciated, something that was trust inspiring, like a bank (which is quite ironic).

CryptO

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 20, 2012
The Blockchain
MEOW blew up today!

Still not finished.

Would have got some had coinedup not been overloading.

We need decent exchanges!

PSK

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
49%
Oct 18, 2013
UK
MEOW blew up today!

Still not finished.

Would have got some had coinedup not been overloading.

We need decent exchanges!

Thought about MEOW yesterday, but thought I'd risk it all on TIPS. Fingers crossed!

mememan

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Oct 16, 2013

CryptO

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 20, 2012
The Blockchain
You know what, maybe one of these cryptos will actually take off long-term. Look at this stunt HSBC is pulling; you actually have to have a REASON to take money out of your bank account now!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-25861717

Excuse my language but that is F*cking terrible!

I'd heard about his, also problems with Lloyds ATM's not allowing withdrawals.

What is this Cyprus 2.0?

Last edited:

exige

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Aug 20, 2013
Bucks County, PA
I almost used HSBC to open my business bank account. I'm really glad I didnt, and went to a local bank branch and sat down and started a relationship with the manager. If this kind of thing continues to pick up then yeah, I could see it driving up interest in cryptos (and their values). Makes me a lot more motivated to get an offline cold storage system working for my cryptos. Shrink wrap your fiat bills and drywall them in the walls?

PSK

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
49%
Oct 18, 2013
UK

mememan

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Oct 16, 2013

What is this Cyprus 2.0?

No problem with the language; my first thought was honestly, "What the F*ck?"

First, I see this is just related to cash withdrawls, but it's a quick step to, "We don't really think you need to move $30k over to your broker."

People have already been scammed with retirement accounts and houses in the US. You pay taxes on your homes forever (so you don't own it) and have to get a swarm of permissions to do minor renovations or even sell the damn thing. Retirement accounts are stuck in the most overpriced, underperforming funds (seriously, like you're charged 1% up for the S&P 500; if it returns 6% p.a., you're giving a full 16% a year for something that takes literally 5 seconds to do) and then you pay taxes on your smaller nestegg at the end.

Banks really are the most nosy groups. I was getting a home loan and $500 cash deposits were flagged as requiring explanations.

21elnegocio

WholeFlips Wholesaling Houses Virtually
Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Feb 28, 2012
Downtown Phoenix, AZ

What is this Cyprus 2.0?

No problem about the language. This is just insane man, funny thing is its not even that big amount of a money. Just imagine if you had an emergency and had to transfer your funds somewhere else ! You would be stuck, glad I dont bank with them as well or any of my family . I will let everyone I know about this.

mememan

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Oct 16, 2013
Banks really are the most nosy groups. I was getting a home loan and $500 cash deposits were flagged as requiring explanations.

And it was ONE $500 cash deposit. It actually held up the loan but the bureaucracy couldn't tell me WHAT held up the loan for a good two weeks.

21elnegocio

WholeFlips Wholesaling Houses Virtually
Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Feb 28, 2012
Downtown Phoenix, AZ
Does anyone have any problems with coinedup.com ? Sometimes I have to refresh their page a few times before I can even access it. I get the "This webpage is not available" a lot. Anyone have this problem ?

mememan

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Oct 16, 2013
Does anyone have any problems with coinedup.com ? Sometimes I have to refresh their page a few times before I can even access it. I get the "This webpage is not available" a lot. Anyone have this problem ?
That site is amazingly slow. Honestly, I'm transferring everything to Cryptsy once it's added, even though it's slow as hell too.

CryptO

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 20, 2012
The Blockchain
No problem with the language; my first thought was honestly, "What the F*ck?"

First, I see this is just related to cash withdrawls, but it's a quick step to, "We don't really think you need to move $30k over to your broker."

People have already been scammed with retirement accounts and houses in the US. You pay taxes on your homes forever (so you don't own it) and have to get a swarm of permissions to do minor renovations or even sell the damn thing. Retirement accounts are stuck in the most overpriced, underperforming funds (seriously, like you're charged 1% up for the S&P 500; if it returns 6% p.a., you're giving a full 16% a year for something that takes literally 5 seconds to do) and then you pay taxes on your smaller nestegg at the end.

Tell me about it: When I closed my last business account, the bank manager called me in for a meeting.

She was very interested to know what I was going to do.

So I told her, I trade cryptocurrency.

She had no idea what I was talking about so I pointed her to a website and she started to read about Bitcoin right in front of me.

I think it went over her head, this was yesterday.

That was kind of weird, having a one on one with a bank manager and telling her I was trading something that has the potential to change the banking system as we know it.

I think she'll be learning ALLOT more in the near future lol.

mememan

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Oct 16, 2013
And then at the same time, it's not like the government/system is ready to provide guidance on taxation or anything like that. The US has had a good year to be aware of Bitcoin and has no tax discussion out there on it.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.