The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

A little reminder about the Fastlane and hard work...

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
284%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
Not that this is new but there seems to (once again) be a rash of threads posted about whether something is "fast lane" or if something can "go faster-laner" or if they can go "so-fast-lane-they-don't-have-to-work-lane"...

And it's clear those threads are started (and commented on) by people who have not read the book.

Now I like to give MJ shit just as much as the rest of us... but the truth is: he did come out with one hell of a book.

For those of you who (still) haven't read it; one of the lessons was on "over-night success" and how it's quite the illusion.

Success is a process not the event. A long, hard, sweaty, bloody, teary-eyed process.

My favorite quote from him is "there IS such a thing as get rich quick... just not get rich easy."

Most of us can see through your "idea" for a "fastlane business" as an attempt to get rich easy. The truth is you're not going to get there by slapping up a website with a free template you stole from some internet marketer with stock images (that still have the watermark by the way).

You're not going to get there by sticking a crappy product on amazon and hoping it sells. It takes work. REAL work. Effort, time, sweat, all of those things unsuccessful people aren't willing to do!

You're not going to get there by starting a blog selling advice on how to start a blog.

Just freaking stop it. Get committed to an idea and put in some real freaking time and effort. Treat it like a full time job (because it is).

There is no one on here who works 4 hours a week no matter what our Facebook looks like.

And to those exceptions who actually have the luxury to choose when they work at this point in their business (I was there, too) sure as hell didn't build that business only working on it 4 hours per week.

So just for the record: we are working our asses off. If you want to join in on the fun, get committed and get to work.

End of rant.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Most of us can see through your "idea" for a "fastlane business" as an attempt to get rich easy.

Amen.

My favorite line is some variation of the TRY statement...

"I'm gonna try starting a business."
"I'm gonna try Fastlane!"
"I'm gonna try quitting my job!"

Translation: I'm gonna TRY something once, and once it fails, I can go back to my job and excuse "that shit don't work."

This is a New Years Resolution mentality. You can't get in shape by trying to go to the gym once or twice.

Behind this wimpy try is the idea that you can succeed easy and Fastlane is a simple as importing some shit product from China and tossing it up on Amazon.

Lots of people read Fastlane.
Lots of people tried Fastlane.
Lots of people quit Fastlane.
Lots of people thought it was something to do, when it's something to live.

Last edited:

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
Childhood memories....

Going down the fastlane doing 94
Someone let a gasser that knocked me out the door.
My wheels couldn't take it
The engine fell apart
All because of @Kung Fu Steve 's supersonic fart.

Sorry all. Couldn't help myself...

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
284%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
Amen.

My favorite line is some variation of the TRY statement...

"I'm gonna try starting a business."
"I'm gonna try Fastlane!"
"I'm gonna try quitting my job!"

Translation: I'm gonna TRY something once, and once it fails, I can go back to my job and excuse "that shit don't work."

This is a New Years Resolution mentality. You can't get in shape by trying to go to the gym once or twice.

Behind this wimpy try is the idea that you can succeed easy and Fastlane is a simple as importing some shit product from China and tossing it up on Amazon.

Lots of people read Fastlane.
Lots of people tried Fastlane.
Lots of people quit Fastlane.

I've got to admit for the past couple years while I was consulting and making my money I was *trying* to get into personal development.

The truth is: I was scared to commit. I was scared to take the steps necessary to really succeed in this industry.

I've got a lot of people to thank but @GlobalWealth and @LightHouse were a big part of my support group the last few months while I was scared shitless. Many days of "don't be a xxxxx training" and many days of "why don't you just do it? what's wrong with you?"

Bottom line is even some of us in the "old guard" have fallen into this trap once in a while. Hopefully we can wake each other up and call each other out when we see that someone isn't doing their best.

edited by vigilante to censor a motivational word that some on the forum might not find motivational

Last edited by a moderator:

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
My last post was childish at best. The fastlane journey is not easy. Nor is it usually fast. Things do happen along the way. There are usually bumps in the road and breakdowns. Sometimes they are hard to fix. Sometimes you may even need a different car. But the goal is to attain the speed!

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
I've got to admit for the past couple years while I was consulting and making my money I was *trying* to get into personal development.

The truth is: I was scared to commit. I was scared to take the steps necessary to really succeed in this industry.

I've got a lot of people to thank but @GlobalWealth and @LightHouse were a big part of my support group the last few months while I was scared shitless. Many days of "don't be a xxxxx training" and many days of "why don't you just do it? what's wrong with you?"

Bottom line is even some of us in the "old guard" have fallen into this trap once in a while. Hopefully we can wake each other up and call each other out when we see that someone isn't doing their best.

edited by vigilante to censor a motivational word that some on the forum might not find motivational

@LightHouse seems to be the resident a$$ kicker, as he delivered me a few over the last few months also. Now, if he could just practice what he preaches on an accelerated scale (because he's generally right). For those of you attending the meetup this week, if you have a chance to spend some time with CW (and he's sober) look past the down vest, and bring your legal pad. You'll be better off for the a$$ whoopin' you'll receive.

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
284%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
@LightHouse seems to be the resident a$$ kicker, as he delivered me a few over the last few months also. Now, if he could just practice what he preaches on an accelerated scale (because he's generally right). For those of you attending the meetup this week, if you have a chance to spend some time with CW (and he's sober) look past the down vest, and bring your legal pad. You'll be better off for the a$$ whoopin' you'll receive.

Bwahahahaha

Eskil

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jul 18, 2012
Scottsdale, AZ
You're not going to get there by sticking a crappy product on amazon and hoping it sells. It takes work. REAL work. Effort, time, sweat, all of those things unsuccessful people aren't willing to do!
This. We're seeing bubble like symptoms on Amazon. Do a search for "barbeque gloves" on Amazon to see my point, lol. With every mommy-blogger, wantrepreneur, ex-affiliates, their uncles, and their second cousins jumping onto the Amazon bandwagon in the last two years or so. Too many people are treating an otherwise great sales channel as a "quick buck" site where they can flip some stuff from China for cash.
Only the very few will treat it as a business and dedicated their full time and focus on it, to build a real brand that can also live on its own without Amazon.

Treat it like a full time job (because it is).
Yep, amen! You're either in it, or you're not. Your level of success will pretty much be directly proportionate to how seriously you take it.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
"What is the difference between you and the other guys?"

"Effort"

That pretty much sums it all up. I am actually speaking a bit on this on Friday.

Love this MJ, that is a perfect way to sum it up for the people asking if they should give up. I can't say anyone i know that has been around has used the word give up.... you don't ever give up entrepreneurship. You are either an entrepreneur or you are not, you live it, it's not something you try out..

Jeremy Groover

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Nov 26, 2014
Orlando Florida

That was a great find! I watched that 3 times!

Now for all of the people that want to know if there idea is a "fast lane idea". If you have to ask the question then chances are, you are what I call "bench racing". Your sitting on the bench at the locale drag strip arguing with your friends, that if your car had this or that you would be faster then them. Your not actually going to do that. Or you have some BIG idea that you can't even fathom the idea of starting. You just want validation that you have the mindset required to make a "fast lane idea". If you have to ask if your idea is good enough for a fast lane idea, then I hate to tell you this, its not. Not because your idea wont work, but because you wont work. If you need someone to tell you that your idea can make money, you wont figure out what to do with the idea anyways so don't even bother.

If you need validation from people you don't know then go on Facebook and post a picture of you in a fancy car or with your tits out for people to like and share the picture.

If you need a point in the right direction or for someone to play devil advocate then by all means ask a question about an idea. However, don't ask if an idea will make you a millionaire because ideas don't make millionaires. The events and processes after the idea do. You can make a million dollar business picking up peoples dog poop if you wanted to. But having the idea of picking up dog poop will never land a dollar in your pocket if you don't do anything with it.

Delmania

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Aug 21, 2015
Rochester, NY

For a long time, I thought I understood this line, but it was only recently that I came to an understanding that made sense to me. The person I am thinking of is Steve Kamp, the founder of Nerd Fitness. His passions in life are music and travelling. To that end, he built Nerd Fitness to serve a community of people looking to make positive changes in their lives. He's slowly been evolving his platform from fitness to self improvement, focusing on using gamification strategies to get people to move.

He's living the life he wants having built (and grown) a business that legitimately serves others*.

I'm not sure if that's accurate, but to me, that is what being in the fastlane is.

* As a side note, it was his own personal desire for fitness that drove him to explore this path. There's something to be said for using something that has interest to you as the basis for your business. If it's a topic you're genuinely interested in, it will help you push through the challenge. Not every topic will be like this, however.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.