The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

30 Year old sold his startup for 170 million $ just wrote 1284 slides on how to win life

Joe Cassandra

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
509%
Jul 25, 2013
Woodstock, GA
My favorite is people who comment on this: "Oh if he's so much how come he needed 1200 slides to prove a point" and they smirk like they're so smart.

Next favorite comment:

"This is too funny - a 30 year old writing a PPT deck attempting to teach us how to "win life" - get back to us when you are older -- like your 40s or 50s when you actually have some life experience to share. I am sick and tired of stories like these from young snots who happened to literally be at the right place/right time and somehow it makes them wiser than the rest of us.

If we weren't in a tech bubble, this kid would be probably be a staff level employee somewhere... seriously."

I've been working on my abundance mindset as those with scarcity mindset either: 1) Brood and are jealous of others accomplishments and/or 2) Try to tear those who are successful down as fast as possible. I used to be #1 big time, but realized in the past month, you feel so much better with cheering others successful and wishing for others to get ahead instead of secretly wishing others failure.

When you look at it like: This guy worked his a$$ off to get to a point where he can sell his Co. for 170MM and then takes the time to try and help others, it tells you the value of the man and proof that more money just makes you more of what you already are.

Good for Ryan, a new fan on this end [hadn't heard of him before]

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
The comments make me wither in agony. And on a business website no less. For the love of God...

Tommy92l

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Aug 20, 2012
My favorite is people who comment on this: "Oh if he's so much how come he needed 1200 slides to prove a point" and they smirk like they're so smart.

Next favorite comment:

"This is too funny - a 30 year old writing a PPT deck attempting to teach us how to "win life" - get back to us when you are older -- like your 40s or 50s when you actually have some life experience to share. I am sick and tired of stories like these from young snots who happened to literally be at the right place/right time and somehow it makes them wiser than the rest of us.

If we weren't in a tech bubble, this kid would be probably be a staff level employee somewhere... seriously."

I've been working on my abundance mindset as those with scarcity mindset either: 1) Brood and are jealous of others accomplishments and/or 2) Try to tear those who are successful down as fast as possible. I used to be #1 big time, but realized in the past month, you feel so much better with cheering others successful and wishing for others to get ahead instead of secretly wishing others failure.

When you look at it like: This guy worked his a$$ off to get to a point where he can sell his Co. for 170MM and then takes the time to try and help others, it tells you the value of the man and proof that more money just makes you more of what you already are.

I just.... the anger... I could scream...

Tommy92l

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Aug 20, 2012
Those comments are unreal. UNREAL. The negative ones have all the positive votes, and the ones congratulating him have thumbs down!

You know what it's like? That guy you run into who has all the answers to life, can tell you everything you need to know, and then when you say "So, what are you doing with your time?", they come up empty handed.

It's so easy to walk around like a know it all, but no one really gives a shit unless you have something to prove it.

My dad was talking to a guy the other day who came off as a very simple kind of guy. I live in an area with a ton of farms and what some of you may call, rednecks.

My dad came home laughing and said "Yeah, was talking to this real humble and kinda crazy guy who looked like he hadn't showered in days! Turns out, he built a company selling camping equipment and is worth MILLIONS! Those who say the least usually have the most!".

OnlineGodfather

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Feb 4, 2013
Went through the whole thing and made notes and i see where i could make improvements to be on the right track. Its actually amazing. If you get a chance to atleast go through it, do it, you will not regret it - he took time to do this, it shows.

Thanks for sharing this!

dantech

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 22, 2012
Ryan Allis is awesome. He was one of the first people I started following when I started getting interested in businesses. His book was one of the first business/money making books I read back in the day. I used to chat with him on Myspace, he somehow find time to reply to me while he was building iContact.

Thanks for the share!

MyronGainz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Dec 26, 2013
Toronto

Joe Cassandra

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
509%
Jul 25, 2013
Woodstock, GA
"Instead of specializing on a specific job role
Specialize on a specific human problem that you are
Dedicated to solving
If you aren't willing to dedicate at least 20 years to solving that problem you'll never make it."

Reading through the slides, this has me really thinking now. This is tough too as most people aren't wired to think beyond 5 years.

Testament

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
166%
Dec 11, 2013
San Francisco, CA

Next favorite comment:

I'm embarrassed to admit it, but when I first read the thread title, I felt a sharp pang of jealousy well up inside.

"170 million at 30?! What. A. Douchebag." :asshat: <----(me)

54386fb6a5252e26e100d82582d853a8.jpg

It was one of those "Ah-ha!" moments, when you realize that you've got a bad habit you'd never noticed before...then you get excited, because you've just recognized something you can start to change that will make you infinitely better as a person. You'll never be able to successfully create wealth for yourself if you're projecting bad feelings onto people who are wealthy, or feeling bad when other people become successful. There's a Hawaiian Huna saying that fits here...

"Bless that which you want."

I've been doing a great program for building the mindset to become a value giver called Self-Made Wealth by Eben Pagan (highly recommended), and there's a great exercise in it based around that philosophy. To quote him...

"What we're gonna do from now on, is any time we see a wealthy person or read about one, any time we see someone have some great success in their life, in our minds we're gonna send them a blessing. We're gonna send them great wishes. We're going to feel happy for them. We're gonna appreciate for them what life must be like now. So we're going to bless that which we want."

It's a habit I'm going to start building right now by reading through Ryan's slides, mentally closing my eyes, and continuing to think, "Bless you. I really wish you the best." and actually feel great feelings for him.

...Even if sometimes you've gotta fake it 'til you make it. :hilarious:

tafy

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Aug 21, 2013
UK
I'm embarrassed to admit it, but when I first read the thread title, I felt a sharp pang of jealousy well up inside.

It's good that your changing your mindset, you will get there one day soon

I read a lot of the slides and a lot of it is from reading "think and grow rich" which is a fricken amazing book btw

The advice is a lot from this forum also

Move to somewhere better if your not in a great place
Get friends who are where you want to be and positive
set goals
Love what you do that also solves a need

Turbo

Google/PPC Pro- making my clients $7 figures/mo
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
124%
May 31, 2014
Dallas TX
Wow. I'm part way through the slideshow and I like his attitude towards setting goals.
It echoes what I tell my friends: 'people don't build multi-million dollar companies by accident!' Without the goal in mind, it’ll never happen.

I'll quote Ryan:
"When you write a goal down, your subconscious brain begins to more actively think about bringing into your life the people, resources & knowledge you need to achieve your goals.
When you know what you're up to in the world, your mind can naturally filter opportunities to find those that match your goals"

Every day I ensure that my efforts (process!) are aligned to my monthly & yearly goals. Without that concerted, focused effort, I would just be a ‘wantrepreneur’ and chasing short term cash, while losing sight of the long term goal.

When I was in the scrappy start-up phase in my business, I went to a function and reconnected with an old friend in my industry. He made a connection for me that I was well positioned to take advantage of, eventually netting me a quite substantial profit in the months to come. If I hadn’t been constantly ‘driving’ in the same direction, ‘walking the walk’, I doubt this life changing opportunity would have ‘found me’. Since I had done a lot of the hard work on the front end, seizing the opportunity was like slugging a slow-pitched beach ball. The process of handling this opportunity helped adjust/recalibrate my mindset to a whole different level of operation: scalability, speed, volume. Like pouring gas on the fire, as Mr. Wonderful says on Shark Tank.

Ryan’s success was not luck! Good for him. Thanks for posting the article.

Patrick

Martinv678

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Sep 6, 2013
Meditation is good for jealousy. Guided mediation especially can help because the provided affirmations can change your feelings towards others in a really positive way. When people read this and leave negative comments they are not angry at him, they are angry at their inner selves for not being bigger and better. I think can be harder if you are closer to his ages as well. You look at him and create an invisible gap between you and yourselves and think "Shit, look how far he is and i'm still fighting with the other 99%" instead of taking a step back and saying "what can I do with this information and improve my self and how I operate".

If people are struggling with jealousy or the little inner voice that makes a horrible appearance sometimes take a read of Psycho Cybernetics. This looks to change your inner self and adjust it to the way it needs to be. I say well done to the guy he has obviously worked really hard for it and deserves it and as we all know effect millions make millions, so if you are still jealous start effecting more people's life in a positive way.

Can't wait to read the full website as it looks like its packed full of great information.

Jam Wheel

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Jul 14, 2014
UK/US/SE
I figure we all have different paths (obviously! :p) and experiences that lead us to one place or another and it is therefore counterproductive to be jealous of someone else's path that has so far had a different outcome. You can choose to take the offered learnings and apply it to your own path to improve/shorten time to your path's end, or you can choose to be jealous and add emotional and mental roadblocks instead to lengthen the journey. Too many choose the latter for whatever reason (family, social pressure, laziness, fear) and its easier to bitch and complain on a forum than actually take action and give some acknowledgement of what the guy achieved.

Do I want that sort of success that he has had? Oh hell yes! But my path doesn't have the same helps and hindrances. I'll still take the learning though :) And whats to say that my path won't turn out even more successful (in pure money terms)?

Stanley Mala

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
327%
Dec 27, 2013
Sweden
The comments on the site are absolutely disgusting! They're just incredibly jealous.

Who cares...Dude got lucky and got a bid like every other startup or entrepreneur tries for....
Yeah plenty of people write down their goals; not too many get lucky.
pukeworthy. another idiot riding a boom in social media and dot com 2.0 thinking the world is waiting for his wisdom. pathetic. he would've gained more respect if he were humble in acknowledging the wave he rode, standing on the shoulders of giants, and giving tangibly rather than dispensing toilet paper.

These people don't understand how much work there is behind success. :(

RHL

The coaching was a joke guys.
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
747%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ
a 30 year old writing a PPT deck attempting to teach us how to "win life" - get back to us when you are older -- like your 40s or 50s when you actually have some life experience to share.

That commentor needs a reality check. Someone who is worth $170M at age 30 won at life a lot harder than someone worth the same amount at 50. He's not going to have to worry about his hip breaking as he stoops under the door of his Zonda.

Stanley Mala

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
327%
Dec 27, 2013
Sweden
Ok, is anyone else wondering why these people are on a business website in the first place? Shouldn't they be on Facebook playing Farmville or something? (sorry if any of you play Farmville. ;P)
LMAO! Reminds me of this pic (creds: @benballer)
ButPL6oCAAI_AAt.jpg

They suck at life so they go around and insult people.

R

redshep

Funny how the most cynical, vitriolic comments come from the self-described introverted and unassuming faux nerd demo of reddites who just want the world to make cool things for them and not be douches about it. "Give me what I want, devote years to make it great, but don't be all like you made it or anything." I would've thought they'd be self-aware by now. To their creepy misdirected sense of superiority led by self satisfaction: karma points earned in a circle-jerk don't = I.Q., but ironically, do indicate emotional retardation. They should grow up.

pickeringmt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
364%
Apr 24, 2014
This whole thing is AWESOME.

Lots of new ideas to implement

Lots of validation for some I already have

davedev

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
372%
Jun 3, 2013
Florida
Wow this guy wrote an article ripping the guy? http://www.businessinsider.com/ryan-allis-life-lessons-are-inane-2014-8

I sent Ryan a thank you email after reading through all the slides. I learned alot. Two different mindsets at work here. (Biz INSIDERS comments are horrible too).

Sure there were some typos, borrowed quotes and corny sayings but geez what an effort did this guy make yeah?

Funny this article writer advises Ryan to 'check his privilege'. How disgusting. Quite honestly, I'm sick and tired of people criticizing everyone because the messenger isn't who they approve of. As a Black man myself, I see this used a lot against 'us' and other 'minorities' (don't really like that word either).

We have to remain reasonable people, able to hold our emotions in check and 'cherry pick' tidbits and facts that may prove useful to us even if they come from 'less than ideal' sources. This is Maturity. Arnold Schwarzenegger's infidelity got you down? Don't throw away the whole fruit, cut out the bruised bit and see what else Arnold can teach you. I like hearing Tai Lopez rant about that, (I borrowed the Arnold example from him).

There's an old saying that I like very much (that I'm probably butchering) -- "If you judge the message based on the messenger, no messenger is left."

There is always 'something wrong' with any messenger if you look hard enough.

NicoleMarie

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
May 1, 2014
Wisconsin, USA
Wow this guy wrote an article ripping the guy? http://www.businessinsider.com/ryan-allis-life-lessons-are-inane-2014-8

I sent Ryan a thank you email after reading through all the slides. I learned alot. Two different mindsets at work here. (Biz INSIDERS comments are horrible too).

Sure there were some typos, borrowed quotes and corny sayings but geez what an effort did this guy make yeah?

Funny this article writer advises Ryan to 'check his privilege'. How disgusting. Quite honestly, I'm sick and tired of people criticizing everyone because the messenger isn't who they approve of. As a Black man myself, I see this used a lot against 'us' and other 'minorities' (don't really like that word either).

We have to remain reasonable people, able to hold our emotions in check and 'cherry pick' tidbits and facts that may prove useful to us even if they come from 'less than ideal' sources. This is Maturity. Arnold Schwarzenegger's infidelity got you down? Don't throw away the whole fruit, cut out the bruised bit and see what else Arnold can teach you. I like hearing Tai Lopez rant about that, (I borrowed the Arnold example from him).

There's an old saying that I like very much (that I'm probably butchering) -- "If you judge the message based on the messenger, no messenger is left."

There is always 'something wrong' with any messenger if you look hard enough.

Blegh. :sour: Unfortunately you guys, this is the type of stuff WE will have to deal with in the future...I'm sure people will be saying I used my "girlish charm" and stuff like that to rise to the top. :rolleyes:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.