The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My weight loss journey. Need advice with weight loss goal.

flaster

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Oct 9, 2023
Long story short, I am obese, which is why I am pre-diabetic, my bad cholesterol level is in the warning zone, and my weight problem is inhibiting my body’s ability to absorb Vitamin D.

Because of this, I had to make snap judgments. I spent quite a chunk of money on gym memberships, then I wagered money on Healthywage.com.

The latter choice was not so smart; I read on the internet that they make money off people’s failed wages, and give minimum profit to those who DO WIN. Example, I wagered money on a step challenge, where I must increase my steps by 25%. Sounds easy, right?

Here is the catch, they need data on you, which is at least 10 days of you doing 4000 steps minimum. If they don’t have that data, your goal is 10k steps a day. Add 25% to 10k and you have to make 12,500 steps a day, which is exhausting in and of itself. So I already lost money.

MJ DeMarco stated how important it is to have a good system in order to profit. I can see that now, your system is your foundation, and right now, it is weak with a lot of cracks.

Then again I wagered money on a weight loss challenge, and I am doing much better; I need to lose 10 lbs. and I am almost halfway there…for now.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
635%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
You have almost-diabetes because you eat more sugar than a king would have access to in old times.

Your blood sugar is F*cked.

Your body releases insulin to unfuck your blood sugar and it’s so common in your body it doesn’t even want to respond anymore. You live in a constant state of F*cked blood sugar.

You need to fix your diet and here’s how.

Protein is okay.
Fat is okay.
Your carbs should come from beans and legumes.

Go through your house and throw out any candy, chips, ice cream, snacks, bread, buns, sweet yogurt, soda, etc. anything that raises your blood sugar.

Just throw pretty much everything out.

So much crap raises your blood sugar, even dairy.

Go buy a book: (4-hr body by Tim Ferris) and then follow the slow carb diet.

Your new diet will be things like eggs, black beans, spinach, ground turkey, etc. Drink water.

Go to chat gpt and ask for it to make you a slow carb diet meal plan.

Then, give yourself one cheat day every week where you can eat anything you want. Chug cocktails, eat donuts, slam down a whole pizza, deep fried sushi, a whole box of Golden Grahams, and cold stone ice cream.

The goal for the rest of the week should be to conquer hunger. Right now you are addicted to food. Think about how sad that is. Little Timmy can’t go a day without stuffing his face…how embarrassing. The best way to conquer things is shame and embarrassment. I have stopped many bad habits by just being flat out embarrassed to be doing it. Imagine having big goals and being someone people look up to, but you CANT defeat hunger just for a little while….how sad. This thought process will help you put things in perspective and get over hunger.

You don’t need more food. You have months of meals on your tummy. There is no danger of you starving. That’s why it’s there, so let your body work its magic and rely on your standard equipment doomsday food storage (fat) and survive off of that for a while.

Cut out drinking, unfuck your blood sugar, follow a weight training program, cheat day on Saturday or something, and watch the pounds fly off.

If you’re being told to lose weight you should be cutting like 40 lbs not 5-10.

Forget all the wagers and bets.

Aren’t you ashamed of being fat? Does nobody laugh at you? Does nobody make jokes about you? Do all the ladies love you? Do people treat you like you want to be treated? If so, congrats.

You should join something for workouts. You need a gym partner, a running partner, etc. some sort of scheduled thing that you must show up to.

Let’s be realistic, you’re not gonna go to the gym by yourself every day for a year. No chance. You need some sort of appointment.

I meet my buddies at the gym at 6am 4-5 days a week and get roasted if I’m 3 minutes late. That’s what you need. A routine, an appointment. That’s better than betting.

Also, F*ck any advice about a calorie deficit of 500 a day. That’s a tiny margin. Starve your fat a$$ and eat when you’re feeling like passing out. Hang out with a 110lb 20 year old girl and see how she eats. She eats like a bird. You should eat like a bird. You know what sounds like a big breakfast? A single egg. You want a big lunch? Caesar salad. Have a steak for dinner. A few bites should do. Change how you view food. 2 meals a day is plenty. A handful of something is a lot. Eating should be when you are hungry and can truly feel it in your stomach that it’s been a long a$$ time since you had food. Your body needs time to burn its own fat. Only giant, sick F*cks eat appetizers, entrees, AND desserts. Eat just enough to stave off starvation.

Last edited:

Paydette

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Feb 14, 2021
Look up bulletproof coffee....basically coffee with butter.

Go for a walk in the morning then drink bullet proof coffee.

When you get hungry, eat protein and veg. That's it. Salads are great for this...put anything you want in there as long as it is protein and veg. Spinach and bacon salad? Go right ahead. DO NOT USE STORE BOUGHT DRESSINGS. MAKE YOUR OWN USING OLIVE OIL.

Commit to eating the exact same meals every day. The next week, a new set of meals. Most people eat bc they are bored. Bake the boredom into it.

Go for a walk after dinner.

That's it. Eventually your going to have a massive drive to work out. It will come naturally

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
635%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
Look up bulletproof coffee....basically coffee with butter.

Go for a walk in the morning then drink bullet proof coffee.

When you get hungry, eat protein and veg. That's it. Salads are great for this...put anything you want in there as long as it is protein and veg. Spinach and bacon salad? Go right ahead. DO NOT USE STORE BOUGHT DRESSINGS. MAKE YOUR OWN USING OLIVE OIL.

Commit to eating the exact same meals every day. The next week, a new set of meals. Most people eat bc they are bored. Bake the boredom into it.

Go for a walk after dinner.

That's it. Eventually your going to have a massive drive to work out. It will come naturally
Yeah this will work. Veggies will fill up space in stomach and be low calories.

NathanN

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Jul 27, 2022
Vancouver, B.C.
The gym membership is a big factor, you will get your best workouts in an environment that motivates you the most.

But for over-eating and consuming less, one thing that has worked for me is morning fasting. I can't remember when I started doing it but I feel like a beast the entire day when I wake up (6a.m), have a shower and a coffee before the gym, and after my workout and first class of the day (10:30) is when I eat my first snack. Literally sets me up for success. I don't find I'm a slave to food, or that I'm ever really hungry through the day. Not eating before the gym in the morning and working out on an empty stomach, only coffee, makes me feel like a god. Could be something worth trying.

flaster

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Oct 9, 2023
You have almost-diabetes because you eat more sugar than a king would have access to in old times.

Your body releases insulin to unfuck your blood sugar and it’s so common in your body it doesn’t even want to respond anymore. You live in a constant state of F*cked blood sugar.

Protein is okay.
Fat is okay.

Go through your house and throw out any candy, chips, ice cream, snacks, bread, buns, sweet yogurt, soda, etc. anything that raises your blood sugar.

Your new diet will be things like eggs, black beans, spinach, ground turkey, etc. Drink water.

Then, give yourself one cheat day every week where you can eat anything you want. Chug cocktails, eat donuts, slam down a whole pizza, deep fried sushi, a whole box of Golden Grahams, and cold stone ice cream.

The goal for the rest of the week should be to conquer hunger. Right now you are addicted to food. Think about how sad that is. Little Timmy can’t go a day without stuffing his face…how embarrassing. The best way to conquer things is shame and embarrassment. I have stopped many bad habits by just being flat out embarrassed to be doing it. Imagine having big goals and being someone people look up to, but you CANT defeat hunger just for a little while….how sad. This thought process will help you put things in perspective and get over hunger.

You don’t need more food. You have months of meals on your tummy. There is no danger of you starving. That’s why it’s there, so let your body work its magic and rely on your standard equipment doomsday food storage (fat) and survive off of that for a while.

Cut out drinking, unfuck your blood sugar, follow a weight training program, cheat day on Saturday or something, and watch the pounds fly off.

Aren’t you ashamed of being fat? Does nobody laugh at you? Does nobody make jokes about you? Do all the ladies love you? Do people treat you like you want to be treated? If so, congrats.

You should join something for workouts. You need a gym partner, a running partner, etc. some sort of scheduled thing that you must show up to.

Let’s be realistic, you’re not gonna go to the gym by yourself every day for a year. No chance. You need some sort of appointment.

I meet my buddies at the gym at 6am 4-5 days a week and get roasted if I’m 3 minutes late. That’s what you need. A routine, an appointment. That’s better than betting.

Also, F*ck any advice about a calorie deficit of 500 a day. That’s a tiny margin. Starve your fat a$$ and eat when you’re feeling like passing out. Hang out with a 110lb 20 year old girl and see how she eats. She eats like a bird. You should eat like a bird. You know what sounds like a big breakfast? A single egg. You want a big lunch? Caesar salad. Have a steak for dinner. A few bites should do. Change how you view food. 2 meals a day is plenty. A handful of something is a lot. Eating should be when you are hungry and can truly feel it in your stomach that it’s been a long a$$ time since you had food. Your body needs time to burn its own fat. Only giant, sick F*cks eat appetizers, entrees, AND desserts. Eat just enough to stave off starvation.
OK, then how about this? I have my own Blendtec blender, and I have been working it like crazy.

For milk, I use HOMEMADE almond milk; any STORE bought almond milk I get, I read the ingredients; in this case I bought some that has ONLY 3 ingredients: water, almonds, and salt. That’s it.

As for “beans and legumes”, I make my own red pepper hummus, and eat it with baby carrots.

Feel free to laugh at me when I ask this, but I am guessing fruit is out of the picture. NO, I DO NOT USE STORE BOUGHT JUICE, which is basically sugar water. I use my Blendtec blender to make WHOLE JUICED PINEAPPLE juice, which I then mix with mango and berries and greek yogurt to make a smoothie. Fiber + protein = hunger times zero.

Speaking if smoothies, I also use almond milk as a base to make a cherry berry kale smoothie with UNSWEETENED cocoa powder; here is the link to the recipe:

Chocolate cherry berry kale smoothie.

Any thoughts?

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
562%
Apr 17, 2022
I am obese, which is why I am pre-diabetic
Both obesity and prediabetes are merely the symptoms of the underlying issue, which is (most likely) metabolic dysfunction.

Unless you are willing to fundamentally change the diet that has gotten you to this point, everything is hopeless and no amount of exercise is going to fix this issue.

Fat is not the problem. Weight is not the problem.

How your body requests, utilizes, and stores energy is the problem.

Remove all carbs and your hunger/satiety signals will gradually return to baseline over the course of a few months - your appetite will decrease by 80% and your body will naturally stop holding onto the extra fat once the metabolic pipes are unclogged.

Paydette

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Feb 14, 2021

Protein is okay.
Fat is okay.

Are you, perhaps, a fan of Cole Robinson?

JaaYu

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
194%
Jul 30, 2022
I don't know anything about insulin and diabetes, but I lost 30 lbs in 3 months

A lot of it really is just changing out what you eat.

Find healthy things you genuinely enjoy and replace your usual snacks/candy with it.

Fruits, protein, and vegetables are amazing since they fill you up, and are good for you for both muscle and health.

Things like watermelon, strawberries, and grapes taste great, are good for you, and low calorie.

If you really want sugar, get better alternatives at least. I eat Halo Top ice cream which has 290 calories, 15g of protein, and 15g of added sugar for the whole thing. Every once in a while, I also have a cheat snack like Oreo cereal (without the milk) since it doesn't have the sugar-filled frosting and tastes just as good.

You can also get Quest chips, protein bars, and Whey protein powder cause protein fills you up a LOT, and protein is great for building muscles.

Also, if you eat out often, then eat out healthier. I always go for a Zaxbys Cobb Zalad with lite vinaigrette dressing (low calorie and tastes great), chipotle (ask for half al pastor and half chicken since they give more protein), moes, cava, and whatever just looks both good for you and looks tasty.

I would also watch out for sauces since they add a ton of calories and barely fill you up.

NEVER EVER get a sugary drink. It barely fills you up, and its full of empty calories and sugar. If you really can't give it up, then at least get the diet versions.

You can also make eating more enjoyable by finding good recipes to cook at home. I like making my own healthy Tonkotsu which is full of protein, my own french fries with an air fryer, and also just basic eggs with rice and kimchi. I also used to make my own smoothies and ice cream with a blender by just looking up "low calorie protein ice cream."

I personally think a lot of progress can be made just by eating healthier. No one really overeats on healthy stuff, but its very easy to overeat on fast food, snacks, and candy.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
635%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
OK, then how about this? I have my own Blendtec blender, and I have been working it like crazy.

For milk, I use HOMEMADE almond milk; any STORE bought almond milk I get, I read the ingredients; in this case I bought some that has ONLY 3 ingredients: water, almonds, and salt. That’s it.

As for “beans and legumes”, I make my own red pepper hummus, and eat it with baby carrots.

Feel free to laugh at me when I ask this, but I am guessing fruit is out of the picture. NO, I DO NOT USE STORE BOUGHT JUICE, which is basically sugar water. I use my Blendtec blender to make WHOLE JUICED PINEAPPLE juice, which I then mix with mango and berries and greek yogurt to make a smoothie. Fiber + protein = hunger times zero.

Speaking if smoothies, I also use almond milk as a base to make a cherry berry kale smoothie with UNSWEETENED cocoa powder; here is the link to the recipe:

Any thoughts?
Sugar sugar sugar sugar

If it’s liquid it’s gotta be water or black coffee or the blood of your competitors.

No fruit. Or at least limit it.

My thoughts are: “this dude should go follow the slow carb diet and can look up how to follow it in 20 seconds using chat gpt”

Paydette

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Feb 14, 2021
Sugar sugar sugar sugar

If it’s liquid it’s gotta be water or black coffee or the blood of your competitors.

My thoughts are: “this dude should go follow the slow carb diet and can look up how to follow it in 20 seconds using chat gpt”
Yup. Weight lose isn't hard. Rule is: unprocessed foods. No carbs. No fruit except berries.

flaster

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Oct 9, 2023
Sugar sugar sugar sugar

I guess I should have said UNSWEETENED almond milk, since almond milk has a low glycemic index. How do I know that? I followed your suggestion and asked chat gpt. Speaking of which, I just asked it to make me a slow carb plan.

Also I drink water RELIGIOUSLY. I stopped drinking sugar water crap like soda, and Gatorade a long time ago. (EDIT: UNSWEETENED almond milk is 5% almonds and 95% water and is a NON-DAIRY product, free of any lactose whatsoever.)

While we are on the subject of almonds, chat gpt says nuts are a type of legume, so even if HOMEMADE, UNSWEETENED almond milk is out, almonds themselves are in. Plus, almonds have protein.

Last edited:

flaster

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Oct 9, 2023
Yup. Weight lose isn't hard. Rule is: unprocessed foods. No carbs. No fruit except berries.
That I CAN get behind, because berries have antioxidants. Plus, they go great in salad.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
Long story short, I am obese, which is why I am pre-diabetic, my bad cholesterol level is in the warning zone, and my weight problem is inhibiting my body’s ability to absorb Vitamin D.

Because of this, I had to make snap judgments. I spent quite a chunk of money on gym memberships, then I wagered money on Healthywage.com.

The latter choice was not so smart; I read on the internet that they make money off people’s failed wages, and give minimum profit to those who DO WIN. Example, I wagered money on a step challenge, where I must increase my steps by 25%. Sounds easy, right?

Here is the catch, they need data on you, which is at least 10 days of you doing 4000 steps minimum. If they don’t have that data, your goal is 10k steps a day. Add 25% to 10k and you have to make 12,500 steps a day, which is exhausting in and of itself. So I already lost money.

MJ DeMarco stated how important it is to have a good system in order to profit. I can see that now, your system is your foundation, and right now, it is weak with a lot of cracks.

Then again I wagered money on a weight loss challenge, and I am doing much better; I need to lose 10 lbs. and I am almost halfway there…for now.
Your health is in danger now. Why do you need extra motivation such as wager.

It will scare the $hit out of me already if it happens to me.

I will quit my job. Lie on bed with 1000 calories per day of chicken breast for 30 days.

Fix this aggressively before anything else.

NervesOfSteel

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Aug 26, 2023

Our bodies calculate hunger based on the volume of the food that fills the stomach and not by the calories in it.

Any food portion larger than your fist size is overeating.

The man was designed to hunt - run a few miles, crouch, climb, jump before having a good protein-based meal
only a few times a week. NOT sit on a couch and empty a gigantic pack of chips and gallons of Soda!
Start fasting.

Learn the distinction between good fats and bad fats! It will change your life!

Hate yourself every day for being weak in body and spirit.

Eat only slow carbs.

Above all, Eat to live, not Vice Versa!

Any thoughts?

Fancy definitions of poison!

Matt Sun

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
251%
Oct 21, 2017
Argentina
How I went from 20% body fat to 12% and closing on 10% while gaining muscle and strenght:

1. Buy a food scale
2. Calculate your daily caloric spenditure: This is how many calories you burn by just being alive + calories you burn through exercise / walking.
KEY: Weight your food, use an app such as cronometer.com to log each thing you eat, and make sure that your caloric balance is on a deficit (so you burn more calories that you intake)
3. Eat 150g of frozen broccoli and 150g of frozen spinach everyday to cover micronutrients (obviously cook it). Tale supplements such as creatine, magnesium, cbd for sleep, aim to high protein meals.
4. ??? profit lol
5. Sleep 6 hours or more each night.

Really is that simple. If you go to bed in a caloric deficit your body will burn fat. Period.

This is the guy I follow that gives this advice:

Captura de pantalla 2024-05-07 a la(s) 9.13.04 p. m..png

He is bowtiedox on twitter. I think he knows a thing or two about losing fat and building muscle.

He also says the caloric deficit should the max -1000.

Also It does not do any good if you feel terrible and you quit so keep the deficit at 1000 calories maximum.

The only excersize you need to achive is walking and strength training. Read his substack for proper strength training advice.

That's it. And no, sugar is not the problem, your caloric superavit is what makes you fat and diabetic. I've been eating a whole bar of chocolate a day for like two weeks, some days a bar and a half. The thing is I did it before the gym so I used that sugar to give me energy for the workout. Also kept my surplus at 500 calories max. The result is I gain muscle and negligible fat. Anyway bowtiedox knows his shit, I'm just repeating with my own prespective. Just do what he says.

Felix Nachem

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Apr 5, 2022
Switzerland
What I did to lose 5kg in one month and sticking to that weight is the following:

- Practice intermittent fasting 14-16 hours
- Eat a big meal at lunch, and a small one at dinner
- Be in a caloric deficit
- Eat 1g/lbs protein
- Go for morning walks 15-30min
- Workout 3x a week
- Drink coffee to surpress hunger

lamplinkwhite

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
May 15, 2024
Combining exercise with eating fewer calories is the best way to achieve weight loss because you are using a little more energy while also taking in less. Experts also recommend making your goals specific. A specific goal might be walking 30 minutes daily, five times a week. The goal is clearly defined and realistic.

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Jun 3, 2015

Cut out processed and ultra-processed foods (especially if you live in America. source: FDA Allows Ongoing Use of Toxic Chemicals that Leach into Food and Drinks). Stick to fresh food, try not to eat bacon more than once a month and get the nicest cut you can.

If the food is encased in plastic or foil and has the words "meal" and/or "ready" on the box, avoid it like the plague. Find a fruit you like, apples, oranges, bananas, or whatever, and use it to substitute sugary snacks.

As far as exercise is concerned, concentrate on high-intensity, short bursts (HIT). Get an interval timer on your phone and start with something simple but intense. So for instance you could choose, press-ups, squats, and planks. Then you would set your interval timer for 3 sets of 30 seconds of work, and 20 seconds of rest. This will take you 2 minutes, as you get more used to the intensity ramp it up until you are doing 20 minutes per day.

If you really want to get extreme about it, you'll plunge into a cold bath for a few minutes beforehand. Studies have shown that this increases your metabolic rate and combined with HIT, encourages fat burning. However, if you do it after exercise, the gains are nullified, so always do it before your workout.

If possible, take up a sport or rigorous dance, this way you'll lose weight while having fun!

Oh, and lastly, I saw a funny thing on Facebook the other day. Somebody put a note in their fridge which read, "Close the door, you're not hungry, you're just bored."

If I needed to lose weight I would do this, give it a try.

Supa

Came for the $. Stayed for the Ice Cream.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
288%
May 27, 2015
Germany

CiCo (calories in, calories out) and sport a few times a week goes a long way.

Try to aim for a healthy weight loss amount. Around 0.5 kg (1.10 lbs) a week. You achieve that by having a caloric deficit of around 500 calories each day. There are many calorie trackers out there to help with this. The one I use is Foodnoms, it has AI features to make tracking a simple and smooth process, which also helps with staying consistent.

Try to weigh yourself every day. This has two benefits. It's a daily reminder in the morning and it shows you your true weight loss. Your weight can fluctuate quite heavily from day to day, but having a weekly average can help with seeing your progress, even if your weight goes up on some days.

Educate yourself. Read about weight loss plateaus, water weight, what foods/drinks (and never ignore the drinks, sodas can really F*ck up your weight loss!) help with losing weight. Weight loss doesn't mean you can't eat/drink tasty stuff, as long as you stay in a caloric deficit. But certain foods help to maintain a deficit more than others.

And like I said, add some sports to it. So you don't just lose weight (which it helps with too) but also form your body. And it helps you tremendously to feel good in your body.

You can do that. Just take it one week at a time. Aim at the 0.5 kg (1.10 lbs) a week. And then the next week. And the next. And soon the process itself will be even more enjoyable than reaching your goal.

I wish you the best! Feel free to reach out if you need support with this :)

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.