The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Massive Scale Cross-Border Amazon Arbitrage

GoldFibre

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Jul 1, 2023

Today's Stats​

Code:
Total Offers   165,882
Active Offers  146,775
Orders               4
Revenue            514 USD
Profit             100 USD
Gross Margin        19 %

Daily Goals

✅ Finish application for US seller account
✅ Reach out for vendor quotes to open second country
✅ Apply for rate limit increase on Amazon SP API

Action​

I took real action on things that can have huge leverage in this business:
  • Getting the US seller account open would increase my API bandwidth by 50%
  • The second country can run with my existing offers so could multiply my sales with no change in catalog size
  • The rate limit increase is a long-shot, but I wrote the best business case I could - this would make a multiplicative difference in the size of the catalog I can maintain

PII Access Application​

My application is still under review by Amazon, so I can't finish the AWB creation yet.

Account Health​

Still have featured offer eligibility.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
One day you’ll realize that you are way too smart and dedicated to be doing what you’re currently doing.

That's half the reason I'm following. To see what's next...

The other half is to find out the answer to the question:

What if he actually pulls it off? What is that going to look like?

Sure beats reality TV...

Keep going @GoldFibre !!

GoldFibre

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Jul 1, 2023

Today's Stats​

Code:
Total Offers   185,262
Active Offers  163,898
Orders               8
Revenue            435 USD
Profit              80 USD
Gross Margin        18 %

Daily Goals

✅ Follow up w/ vendors for second country rates
✅ Do catalog analysis to look for yield improvement opportunities
✅ Reach out to data scientist to get his thoughts on the long-tail optimization

Outstanding Items​

• US Seller Account: Pending approval
  • Vendor Quotes: Awaiting rates - followed up with both vendors again today. Got a quote from one of them
  • Rate Limit Increase: Was told to submit a ticket elsewhere, so went there and resubmitted
  • PII Access: Application still under review

Amazon Business API​

I found the Amazon Business API today, which is only about a year old. This should allow me to automate the purchase of the products in the US.

And even better, this API also has a way to check the price/availability at the source, so I can increase my API bandwidth even further. Although the documentation mentions a rate limit header, the actual limit per call is not mentioned.

I'll need some time to explore this and set it up. Right now for the SP API I'm using a wrapper library in TypeScript that makes things easier. I doubt the same will be available for the Business API.

Batteries​

Someone ordered a large battery, which is considered hazardous goods that I can't ship with my vendor. So I added a filter to remove batteries from my catalog.

One of my top competitors had listed the same product, and I ordered it from them to see if they will fulfill it or if they will also be forced to cancel the order. If they cancel I will also cancel my order, otherwise I will receive it at my home and then have it delivered to my customer. If they fulfill it then I wonder how they are moving the goods.

Data Science​

I had a discussion with a data scientist about the problem of optimizing a catalog of limited size by selecting products from the long tail.

He gave me some tips for building an ML model for my problem statement. I don't have enough data to do anything right now, but what I can do is make sure that I'm recording the features I want to include in my model once I do have enough data.

Account Health​

• Account Health: Healthy
  • Account Active: Yes
  • Feature Offer Eligibility: Yes

GoldFibre

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Jul 1, 2023

Today's Stats​

Code:
Total Offers        200,233
Active Offers       178,208
Orders                    1
Revenue                  30 USD
Profit                    4 USD
Gross Margin             14 %

Busy Day​

Didn't have any real time to look at this today.

Tomorrow I will try listing on the second country, and I may pause adding offers so that I can start refreshing my existing catalog.

Account Health​

maverick

Aspice, officio fungeris sine spe honoris ampliori
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
227%
Oct 26, 2012
What is your technology set-up? You developing this on AWS?

To echo what biophase mentioned earlier; your skillset could be used in different areas for lot better returns!

GoldFibre

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Jul 1, 2023

Today's Stats​

Code:
Total Offers        202,003
Active Offers       179,118
Orders                    4
Revenue                 720 USD
Profit                  155 USD
Gross Margin             22 %

Second Country​

I listed my items in a second Amazon marketplace.

When you do this you need to determine any price difference between the items. Since I have both a tax % difference and a per kilo difference in shipping, I put a shipping cost on the template and a percentage increase on the price from the first country.

I took a variety of sales I made recently and calculated the profit under these conditions to make sure I'm not taking a loss.

It turns out that the product pricing will sync but the inventory will not. So everything started out as out of stock, and I will need to modify my automation to update the inventory on the other country when I do updates on the first one.

Compliance Issues​

After over a week of almost no compliance warnings, I got a bunch of them today and my account health dropped to 'at risk'. So I did some cleanup and I hope it will go back to 'healthy' quickly.

Account Health​

• Account Health: At Risk

GoldFibre

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Jul 1, 2023
What is your technology set-up? You developing this on AWS?
The software is running on my home laptop.

On AWS I only have two SQS queues, because these are necessary for receiving messages from Amazon's Notifications API.

GoldFibre

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Jul 1, 2023

Today's Stats​

Code:
Total Offers        205,628
Active Offers       187,125
Revenue                 574 USD
Profit                  124 USD

Fulfillment​

I went to the warehouse and helped prepare 11 orders for dispatch. It's getting a bit complicated for the guys and they are now more open to integration. Previously they hadn't been too interested when I brought it up.

Account Health​

GoldFibre

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Jul 1, 2023

Today's Stats​

Code:
Total Offers        202,707
Active Offers       188,824
Orders                    5
Revenue               1,458 USD
Profit                  251 USD
Gross Margin             17 %

Cancelations​

The largest order from yesterday had a cancelation request and thankfully it hadn't shipped from Amazon US yet, so I was able to cancel.

But I had another cancelation request on something that already arrived in my US facility, so instead of canceling the order, I confirmed it. In any case I don't have a way to return it, so I will send it to the customer and they can return it if they want.

Big Items​

Today was the biggest day yet due to two items that were quite expensive and heavy. This actually worries me because 1) they might cancel and stick me with the expensive item and shipping and 2) maybe I have underestimated the shipping cost - I need to cross-verify and adjust my code if it is off.

Compliance Issues​

I got a bunch of IPR complaints from one seller today which put my account health back down to 'at risk'. I think they should disappear because all the similar violations I cleaned up in the past also disappeared.

Account Health​

Last edited:

GoldFibre

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Jul 1, 2023

Weekly Summary​

Code:
                          This Week       Last Week

Revenue                       2,760 USD       1,494 USD
Profit                          502 USD         182 USD
Margin                           18 %            12 %

Avg Offers                  170,000         100,000
Revenue / 100k Offers         1,623 USD       1,494 USD
Profit  / 100k Offers           295 USD         182 USD

Orders                           33              19
Revenue / Order                  84 USD          78 USD
Profit  / Order                  15 USD          10 USD

Last week my goal was to double the profit, and it ended up being almost triple.

This coming week I want to get the second country up and running properly. I will also increase the number of offers to around 250k. So let's be ambitious and set a goal of doubling the profit again, which would put me over 1k per week.

GoldFibre

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Jul 1, 2023

Today's Stats​

Code:
Total Offers        206,365
Active Offers       190,408
Orders                    6
Revenue                 394 USD
Profit                   85 USD

New Seller Account​

After a few attempts I finally got my US seller account approved for my US entity. Now I've applied for my developer account under that account. Once that is approved I can add this app as a worker in my app and boost the performance by another 50%.

Adding Offers​

I'm letting the new offers run up for a few days until I hit 250k, then will keep it flat for a while.

Second Country​

It looks like I need to redo all of my seller applications I did in the first country again for the second country. So I set up my script to run four browser sessions continuously and go through them all.

I also need to update the inventory in the second country because it all defaults to zero. I'm thinking I will do this all at once with an inventory upload, and then also modify my software to keep the inventory up to date.

Account Health​

David4431

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
May 25, 2014
That's half the reason I'm following. To see what's next...

The other half is to find out the answer to the question:

What if he actually pulls it off? What is that going to look like?

Sure beats reality TV...

Keep going @GoldFibre !!
I'm also curious about how this will play out. I actually experimented with something similar for a few months (but not at this scale). I quickly realized that the arbitrage opportunity between the different platforms was less than I thought it was. I gave it up after a few months and simply went on to build a regular ecommerce business. But maybe @GoldFibre will figure out how to make it work and succeed where I failed. I am genuinely curious because I know at least one other person who also chased this arbitrage opportunity but gave it up after a while as well.

In general though, I agree with @biophase - if he's this smart and dedicated, he can probably find a lot more success pursuing something where he's actively creating value rather than trying to capture the market inefficiency spread. But I chased this siren song myself at one point as well so who am I to tell him don't do it. :somber:

GoldFibre

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Jul 1, 2023

Today's Stats​

Code:
Total Offers        215,432
Active Offers       196,387
Orders                    7
Revenue                 357 USD
Profit                   79 USD

New Seller Account​

I created an app on the new seller account and added it as a worker in my bot. Now it should be 50% faster than before, but I probably should verify that.

More Seller Accounts​

I know my brother has a company registered in the US so I asked him if I could create a seller account for me to consume the API bandwidth. He was OK with it.

Now I need to think of more people that might have such legal entities. I can authorize 10 seller accounts per app, and I currently have three apps, so I could potentially 10x my bandwidth this way.

Second Country​

I uploaded a spreadsheet setting all of the inventory to a positive number, since it defaults to zero when you sync across countries.

Once the sheet was updated, many of my offers became active, but it looks like I don't start with featured offer eligibility in this country.

Then after an hour or so I got my first order and realized that my handling time was also set to zero - so I had to cancel that order and quickly upload a long lead time to all my offers until I can get them to the correct values.

I also noticed that I was not competitive at all on some ASINs. I'm going to do some analysis this week and come up with a game plan based on what I'm learning.

Account Health​

• Country 1
    • Featured Offer Eligibility: Yes
  • Country 2
    • Featured Offer Eligibility: No

GoldFibre

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Jul 1, 2023

Today's Stats​

Code:
Total Offers        209,760
Active Offers       190,652
Orders                    5
Revenue               1,017 USD
Profit                  220 USD

Problem Adding Offers​

I only noticed at the end of the day that my offers were going down. I think it is a problem with the new worker that I added, so I turned that off for now and will debug it tomorrow.

Second Country​

No sales on the second country and didn't have much time today to investigate what is going on there.

Fulfillment​

We fulfilled 15 orders today, which is much higher than the previous high of 9.

Personal Health​

I've been pretty sick for the past few days and so I've focused on making sure the fulfillment goes through as first priority. Once I'm mentally back I can dive into the programming some more.

Account Health​

• Country 1
  • Country 2

GoldFibre

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Jul 1, 2023

Today's Stats​

Code:
Total Offers        227,950
Active Offers       202,192
Revenue                 732 USD
Profit                  163 USD

Triple Output​

Sometimes in programming the simplest thing makes the biggest difference.

I was reading through my core offer update method and I noticed something there that I didn't see a use for. I can't remember why I thought I needed it when I wrote it, but I could see it wasn't used anywhere else and it was making an expensive call on my bottleneck API.

So I deleted that block of code and my bot sped up 100%.

Then I figured out why my additional worker was breaking things yesterday - I forgot to call an initialization method to set up the auth tokens. So I added one more line of code and now my bot is 200% faster than it was a day ago.

Sales Call​

A customer called me and asked about my company. She seemed unsure of if it was legitimate or not. I explained everything to her and gave her good service so she went ahead with her purchase, which was the bulk of today's profit. She also said she might order a second similar item soon.

So I think there is something to be said for brand value. Some customers will be put off because they don't recognize my company, but my top competitor is well-known and used to do a lot of physical advertising. I doubt people wonder if they are legitimate when they see that name.

I don't think there is anything for me to act on now, but I'll file it away for later.

Second Country​

No sales on the second country and didn't have much time today to investigate what is going on there.

Account Health​

• Country 1
  • Country 2

GoldFibre

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Jul 1, 2023

Today's Stats​

Code:
Total Offers        240,440
Active Offers       213,562
Revenue                 145 USD
Profit                   31 USD
Gross Margin             21 %

Featured Offer Eligibility​

Today I lost featured offer eligibility on country 1, but gained it on country 2. The last time I lost it on country 1 it was only for about a week, and the time before that it was for two weeks. So I think I'm in for at least a week of depressed sales.

I think this could have been avoided if I had just been slower in adding new products, because there is always some chance that a product will create a violation on my account.

So from now on I have two new rules:
  • Never add new products when account status is 'At Risk'
  • When account status is 'Healthy' put a cap on daily new products added (I'll start with 5k per day)

Considering the above, I stopped adding products today and switched to updating my catalog.

Country 2​

I got my first sale here today. The active offers there are much lower because I still have so many selling applications to do. So while country 1 is down, I will focus on the country 2 selling applications.

I updated my order importer to handle country 2 as well, but there are still some adjustments to make on the pricing and costing. I think I need to make a basic job accounting screen for my orders to override the values when there is a difference, like when I purchase and use a coupon, or when the shipping is different than expected.

More Seller Accounts​

I spoke to two more people about getting them to register for seller accounts so I can use their API bandwidth. I have a good rapport with them so I'm hoping to get at least one new account out of these interactions.

PII Application​

My application with Amazon for this access was rejected, so for now I can't use the SP API to automate AWB generation. However, I can use Puppeteer like I do for my selling applications, so I'll keep that in mind when I get around to automating more of the fulfillment.

Account Health​

• Country 1
  • Country 2

GoldFibre

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Jul 1, 2023

Today's Stats​

Code:
Total Offers        236,714
Active Offers       218,790
Orders                    3
Revenue                 356 USD
Profit                   76 USD

Back to Coding​

I really haven't been doing much coding for the past two weeks, but there are a litany of things I could be doing.

I decided I will complete one feature each day for at least the next week.

Today I created a form that lets me update the order details with the estimated and actual revenue and costs.

Country 2​

I got another sale here today and it was the bulk of the revenue for the day.

Rate Limit Increase Application​

Amazon rejected this application as well. They suggested I connect multiple seller accounts together and pool the rate limits, which is exactly what I've been doing.

Account Health​

• Country 1
    • Featured Offer Eligibility: No (second day)
  • Country 2

GoldFibre

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Jul 1, 2023

Today's Stats​

Code:
Total Offers        230,607
Active Offers       212,786
Orders                    2
Revenue                 109 USD
Profit                   25 USD
Gross Margin             23 %

Coding​

The theme today was job accounting for my orders with the goal of accurate profit calculations:
  • I made a v2 of my order editor and added a bunch of preset buttons to do common tasks
  • I made a list page for the orders with links to the editor in each row
  • I improved the profit calculation logic to handle actuals and added a page that displays it by week
  • I pre-calculated more fields when importing orders so that the profitability will work better
Tomorrow I will work on status tracking for my orders so that I can drive an automated daily to-do list.

Country 2​

I reached out to two potential vendors to see if I can get better pricing and transit time.

Account Health​

• Country 1
    • Featured Offer Eligibility: No (third day)
  • Country 2

GoldFibre

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Jul 1, 2023

Weekly Summary​

1693713520651.png

Last week I was hoping to double the profit, which didn't happen because I was too aggressive in uploading offers and got my account restricted in Country 1.

Since I don't know when Country 1 will get unrestricted, I will focus on Country 2. It would be an amazing feat if I could match last week's profit considering how low the sales are right now. I need to find another vendor to lower my costs and transit time. I might also start experimenting with ads, because there are a few items that have had repeat sales so they might be good candidates for paid marketing.

Attachments

• 1693713089481.png
    1693713089481.png
    29.3 KB · Views: 2

Subsonic

How you do anything is how you do everything
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
287%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany

Weekly Summary​

View attachment 51134

Last week I was hoping to double the profit, which didn't happen because I was too aggressive in uploading offers and got my account restricted in Country 1.

Since I don't know when Country 1 will get unrestricted, I will focus on Country 2. It would be an amazing feat if I could match last week's profit considering how low the sales are right now. I need to find another vendor to lower my costs and transit time. I might also start experimenting with ads, because there are a few items that have had repeat sales so they might be good candidates for paid marketing.
Hey man I want to give you some respect for sticking with this so long and taking so much action.
I am so happy for you that your finally making profit and I hope to see it going up more and more soon.

GoldFibre

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Jul 1, 2023

Today's Stats​

Code:
Total Offers        228,979
Active Offers       211,186
Orders                    1
Revenue                  62 USD
Profit                   13 USD

Digital Ads​

I decided to start experimenting with ads, so I added as many products as I could to a campaign (it turns out the limit in Amazon is 10,000) and then started making campaigns for my entire catalog of 200k+ products. The bids are set to the minimum, which is about 0.03 USD. This is only on Country 2, because you need featured offer eligibility for ads to appear and Country 1 is currently restricted.

Once I finished making ads for the first 80k products I got some warning on my ad account that my payment method doesn't work and I couldn't create any more campaigns. After trying and failing to fix the issue a few different ways, I raised a support ticket with Amazon.

Country 2 Vendor​

I contacted some people in my network to try to find a better vendor for Country 2 and got in touch with one company there. I'll try to have a call with them tomorrow to confirm whether or not they can meet my SOP, and worst case maybe they can introduce me to more companies I can speak with.

Coding​

I automated the revenue and costing on new orders from Country 2.

Account Health​

• Country 1
    • Featured Offer Eligibility: No (fourth day)
  • Country 2

GoldFibre

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Jul 1, 2023

Today's Stats​

Code:
Total Offers        227,702
Active Offers       209,908
Orders                    6
Revenue                 304 USD
Profit                   55 USD
Gross Margin             20 %

Digital Ads​

My ad account is still blocked because of some issue with the payment method. No response yet from Amazon support.

Country 2 Vendor​

I chased the vendor contact I had three times today over email and cell phone. He finally replied in the evening and apologized. He asked for time slots to speak, so will try to get him tomorrow.

Coding​

I added a daily performance page to my web app.

Old Offers​

I found some desync in my DB offer list, which I had seen a week or to ago. I re-uploaded all the missing ASINs using the inventory report from the seller portal.

'Seed'​

I can't import agricultural products and I had the word 'seeds' in my blacklist, but today I got an order from Country 2 that had the word 'seed' (not 'seeds') in the title. So unfortunately I had to cancel the order and take the hit on my account health. I added 'seed' and 'planting' and a few other terms to my blacklist after that.

Account Health​

• Country 1
    • Featured Offer Eligibility: No (fifth day)
  • Country 2

GoldFibre

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Jul 1, 2023

Today's Stats​

Code:
Total Offers        198,733
Active Offers       185,488
Orders                   10
Revenue               1,186 USD
Profit                  297 USD
Gross Margin             25 %

The Country 1 has the featured offer eligibility back.

Since my account health still 'At Risk' I'm not adding new offers right now.

Digital Ads​

My ad account is still blocked because of some issue with the payment method. No response yet from Amazon support.

Country 2 Vendor​

I gave the vendor time slots this week when I can speak but he didn't come back to me. Tomorrow I will chase him over the phone again.

Coding​

I added order polling to my main robot. Previously I used to run this manually whenever I had an order, which was an extra manual step.

Fulfillment​

Dispatched 20 orders today for final delivery.

Some water spilled on an item in transit and the product inside is OK but the box is warped. If the customer complains then I will replace it but also put a claim on the vendor because they damaged it.

My vendor sent me the first invoice and I need to check it very closely to see if I'm estimating the chargeable weight correctly or if I need to change some things.

Account Health​

• Country 1
  • Country 2

GoldFibre

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Jul 1, 2023

Today's Stats​

Code:
Total Offers        197,365
Active Offers       184,109
Revenue                 399 USD
Profit                   79 USD
Gross Margin             20 %

Digital Ads​

I got a response on why the account is blocked - they say it's related to account health, but it is totally ambiguous, which is par for the course with Amazon.

Country 2 Vendor​

I followed up with the vendor again and he didn't come back to me.

Coding​

I sped up the order polling.

New Account​

I got access to the account of one of my friends, authorized it with my app and added it to my worker pool for the bot.

Account Health​

• Country 1
  • Country 2

GoldFibre

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Jul 1, 2023

Today's Stats​

Code:
Profit                   42 USD

Digital Ads​

Both ad accounts are still blocked even though I disabled and archived all my campaigns.

Country 2 Vendor​

I followed up with the vendor again and he didn't come back to me.

I had a back and forth with another vendor in the US and explained my requirements. He is going to come back to me on it.

Account Health​

• Country 1
  • Country 2

GoldFibre

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Jul 1, 2023

Today's Stats​

Code:
Profit                   30 USD

Digital Ads​

Both ad accounts are still blocked even though I disabled and archived all my campaigns.

Country 2 Vendor​

No progress on the vendor.

Account Health​

• Country 1
  • Country 2

GoldFibre

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Jul 1, 2023

Today's Stats​

Code:
Profit                  218 USD

Digital Ads​

Country 2 Vendor​

No progress on the vendor.

Coding​

Got a lot done today.

I revisited all my pricing and offer criteria and made some changes to try to improve profitability - though at the risk of fewer sales.
  • Bumped minimum profit per item from $5 to $10
  • Increased maximum margin to 35%
  • Lowered transit time penalty on non-FBA-sourced products by 7 days
  • More eagerly update pricing on updates coming from the Notifications API
I also added a feature to limit the number of new offers added each day. This way I can put the account more on autopilot instead of switching the bot back and forth between adding offers and updating offers.

I fixed my old keyword UI and used it to load in the products from some brands that have been selling well.

I automated the population of another field in my fulfillment sheet.

Account Health​

• Country 1
  • Country 2

GoldFibre

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Jul 1, 2023
1694303996353.png

The profit is roughly the same as last week because my featured offer eligibility came back sooner than I expected.

Most of the work I did last week on Country 2 hasn't paid off yet. I still need to lower my costs with a new vendor. I have a few leads on this but am still at an early stage of discussion.

Out of the 44 orders this week, 6 came from Country 2, but the estimated margin is only 13% I assume because of the inflated costs. The actuals could turn out better if I find a way to lower the cost during fulfillment.

So I think that I should go over 1,000 USD profit next week as long as I manage my account health. Still my number one priority thought is lowering my costs and transit time to Country 2.

GoldFibre

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Jul 1, 2023

Today's Stats​

Code:
Profit                   59 USD

Digital Ads​

Country 2 Vendor​

No progress on the vendor, but one of my two goals this week is to lower my costs to Country 2.

Coding​

My other goal is to start adding offers directly to Country 2, which will have a lot of benefits. This is a longer project and I started the refactoring today.

I lost eligibility on Country 1 at noon today. I'm pretty sure this is because I changed my pricing formula and it triggered a bunch of 'fair pricing policy' warnings at once. We should be back in action within a week.

Account Health​

• Country 1
    • Featured Offer Eligibility: No (first day)
  • Country 2

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads