The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Your two cents on Dan Kennedy?

ck4750

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Feb 17, 2014
Missouri
I've been studying a few Dan Kennedy courses and read a few of his books and I was just curious what the general consensus was around here on him. I feel there is definitely great stuff to implement into my business but the constant upsells are just ridiculous. With him constantly trying to sell me to a higher priced product I start getting more and more skeptical.

Again I think there's lots of great stuff to learn from him but how closely should I follow his lead?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

oldscool

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Jul 20, 2011
your internet
Well I have been to a dan kennedy seminar, and, I bought his copywriting course,(must've bought a bootleg because I wasnt thrilled). Dan, they say, is pragmatic and you can implement his stuff immediately. They also, say ignore the upsells :)

Croesus

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Nov 14, 2013
UK
In Dan Kennedy's Renegade Millionaire program he said, "1. BE the Wizard & 2. BEWARE the Wizard." It's very useful to see what Dan does in running his business - he wouldn't be upselling all the time if it didn't generate more profit. Being on his mailing list is useful to learn how he's selling and adding to your swipe file.. :)

R

redshep

"A buyer is a buyer is a buyer." That includes you too. He upsells because people keep buying.

There's no secret information you finally get access to once you're a super triple unobtainium member, but those folks are paying for the community, which is always where the real value is. The question is, can you find those people on your own?

ck4750

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Feb 17, 2014
Missouri
I know there's value in what he does and alot at that. What actually prompted the question was discovering this forum. Just getting familiar with this place the past few days seems like I can get way more out of it for a way better price. Thanks for your insight guys

TedM

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
May 21, 2013
Israel
i really recommend reading some of Dan's books - his book on pricing, trust-based marketing, and selling to the affluent are terrific.

study what he does, as was mentioned above. the way he sells you is the way you should sell too - if it's relevant.

i personally really appreciated his thinking about price elasticity - price as a function of value/utility rather than the way it is often derived. (there are other helpful books on this topic - Priceless is one).

Lauryn

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Jul 11, 2013
Dallas, TX
I've read quite a few of Dan's books. I really recommend them, because he's very to the point and blunt about things. Especially in terms of time management and things of that nature.

I want to put time aside to really read and re-read some of his material. I do recommend him. Beware the rabbit hole if all those upsells aren't for you.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.