The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Young Entrepreneurial Adventurer

Russell

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
Feb 3, 2012
Cambridge, UK
I'm typing this on a beautiful empty beach in Tasmania (Australian Island State) where for some inexplicable reason my mobile Internet works several times better than in the middle of Hobart city. I've been doing some programming work making good use of my 7 hour battery life. I may not make a lot of money through my entrepreneurial activities but I have the lifestyle aspect down and covered.

Two years ago at age 23 I escaped the cube with dreams of adventure, which I found. Three months ago reality hit home when I realised I can't sit on a beach forever. So I created a company and started work on a software service for small businesses, since my occupation was 'Code Monkey'. My genius plan is to make some standard software and instead of competing with a dozen other companies who are busy pricing each other out of profits, I'd travel around rural areas, hiking, kayaking and sailing (adventuring) and sell my software in person, with a personal touch, for a premium price. This has the added benefit of acquiring customers who aren't likely to google around to get the cheapest price and the latest feature. No advertising costs and almost pure profit also makes me happy. :smxB:

I found out about the millionaire fastlane earlier this week through the foolish adventure podcast. After reading it I've realised I need to switch gears. While I will still travel and have adventures, I need to switch from a lifestyle business to a fastlane business. I will still enjoy life now but I don't think this will hinder my fastlane progress, especially since I'm working on software and willing to work 80 weeks for as long as it takes.

I've also set up a few niche websites to learn the skills and so I can release a version of my business software marketed only by SEO, a bare bones, purely email support version. To my surprise both niche sites are starting to make me a fair amount of change each month. This has put the thought into my head of making an authority site for a specific industry with low competition but lots of money changing hands. I'd start it right now but I'm not sure if I should be focusing purely on one main project or trying a lot of different things quickly and finding potential.

Fast cars are not my thing, a home with land by the ocean, with a bluewater yacht moored nearby could do it for me. :banana:

Looking forward to contributing to the forum. Cheers.

- Russell

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia
Great intro Russell. Welcome.

Noel

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Jan 6, 2012
Loved your intro and really good you can leverage and attain more since reading the book. I know it sounds like you have a few ideas and many people say only stick to one and concentrate on that. Often they are people in the slowlane. Try all see what works and as MJ says it's totally mathematics equation. Numbers make the money into the fastlane. Good luck and keep posting it was a great read ;)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...