What's new

Young Entrepreneurial Adventurer

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

Russell

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Joined
Feb 3, 2012
Messages
34
Location
Cambridge, UK
Rep Bank
$205
User Power: 65%
I'm typing this on a beautiful empty beach in Tasmania (Australian Island State) where for some inexplicable reason my mobile Internet works several times better than in the middle of Hobart city. I've been doing some programming work making good use of my 7 hour battery life. I may not make a lot of money through my entrepreneurial activities but I have the lifestyle aspect down and covered.

Two years ago at age 23 I escaped the cube with dreams of adventure, which I found. Three months ago reality hit home when I realised I can't sit on a beach forever. So I created a company and started work on a software service for small businesses, since my occupation was 'Code Monkey'. My genius plan is to make some standard software and instead of competing with a dozen other companies who are busy pricing each other out of profits, I'd travel around rural areas, hiking, kayaking and sailing (adventuring) and sell my software in person, with a personal touch, for a premium price. This has the added benefit of acquiring customers who aren't likely to google around to get the cheapest price and the latest feature. No advertising costs and almost pure profit also makes me happy. :smxB:

I found out about the millionaire fastlane earlier this week through the foolish adventure podcast. After reading it I've realised I need to switch gears. While I will still travel and have adventures, I need to switch from a lifestyle business to a fastlane business. I will still enjoy life now but I don't think this will hinder my fastlane progress, especially since I'm working on software and willing to work 80 weeks for as long as it takes.

I've also set up a few niche websites to learn the skills and so I can release a version of my business software marketed only by SEO, a bare bones, purely email support version. To my surprise both niche sites are starting to make me a fair amount of change each month. This has put the thought into my head of making an authority site for a specific industry with low competition but lots of money changing hands. I'd start it right now but I'm not sure if I should be focusing purely on one main project or trying a lot of different things quickly and finding potential.

Fast cars are not my thing, a home with land by the ocean, with a bluewater yacht moored nearby could do it for me. :banana:

Looking forward to contributing to the forum. Cheers.

- Russell
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Hsiev opvsu Sattimm. Ximduni.
 
Vetnepoe jet tuni hushiuat ciedjit, civvis vjep vji neopmepf, upmz vji xopvist esi e lommis vjisi.
 
Muwif zuas opvsu epf siemmz huuf zua dep miwisehi epf evveop nusi topdi siefoph vji cuul. O lpux ov tuapft moli zua jewi e gix ofiet epf nepz qiuqmi tez upmz tvodl vu upi epf dupdipvsevi up vjev. Ugvip vjiz esi qiuqmi op vji tmuxmepi. Vsz emm tii xjev xuslt epf et NK tezt ov't vuvemmz nevjinevodt iraevoup. Pancist neli vji nupiz opvu vji getvmepi. Huuf madl epf liiq qutvoph ov xet e hsiev sief ;)
 
Vjeplt emm!

@suesl Dumf op Vettoi? Piwis, ov sesimz tpuxt ev tie miwim.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom