The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Young entrepreneur program

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Bila

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Dec 2, 2014
Ontario Canada
@Cparsons .... it's a summer program, will begin the first week of July.
The profitability is looking good so far : around $100 per child. Of course it will depend on the volume.
I am reinvesting in marketing : 5000 postal cards were sent last week, Facebook, and adwords

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Bila

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Dec 2, 2014
Ontario Canada
Week 3 of online registrations :
107 registrations so far ( exceeded my goal of 100 this month and we are the 25th, so another week to go )
Reinvesting in marketing again : Bus compaign, adwords ( banners ) ...It's a learning process for me and it gives me some anxiety sometimes, fear of not giving the best, fear of deceiving my clients...I guess it's normal.
As expected the other aspect of my business is going strong as well because of the marketing for the program ( links to the company website ) ...had 3 new cleints so far in one week ...Great :)

Last edited:

SlowlaneJay

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Oct 25, 2014
Bogotá, Colombia
Wow! Congratulations! I'm still chasing my first 'while-I-sleep' dollar. Very inspiring to read through this thread and see you making big things happen.

*highfive*

camcam

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Dec 19, 2013
UK
Congrats @Bila ! Go get em! Keep me updated with this, would love to throw some support your way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bila

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Dec 2, 2014
Ontario Canada
Week 4 update : Total registrations : 143 ...exceeded by 43 my original goal of 100 registrations !! Yeeeee

Total revenue for March : $20 350 this doesnt include my other programs in the Centre

I offred a 30 % off for 2d and 3d child for families with multiple kids ....( it's reflected in the total, it should be higher with 143 registrations )
Good move to offer a discount for the other kids, but now,i think 15 % would have been enough.

Lesson learned number 1 : Dont take impulsive decisions, Just do not !!!!
Lesson learned number 2 : Every effort count, even the smallest one ....i left some marketing material in a coffee shop i went into the other day ( was not planned ) ....received a call the day after ... a registration of a family of four for 5 weeks !!! $3125
Lesson learned number 3 : It makes a huge difference when you work with somebody that covers your weaknesses, this was my best move so far, hiring G, a smart, energetic girl that is very grounded. She helps me being grounded myself, i can lack focus and be dreamy a bit too much ( i am Pisces :-(

Last edited:

Bila

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Dec 2, 2014
Ontario Canada
Goals for April :
have 60 registrations for each week, total = 60 x 8 weeks = 480...already have 143, so 337 registrations
Focus more and be more aggressive money wise
I came to this forum for this reason ...i thought i was not money oriented enough as a business person ( which is ridiculous i know ), my focus was always the client, service ...etc . Not the money, IT NEEDS TO BE BALANCED

Bila

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Dec 2, 2014
Ontario Canada
Shitty few days ....after the highs of having 10, sometimes 20 registrations a day ...only 1 or 2 a day the last few days ...It's a long week end, beautiful weather ( finally !! ) so i guess people are more outside and not sitting in front of their computer to register.
I like challenging situations....from my experience, in those situations my mind becomes more active, a mix of nervosity and extreme focus for me ...the only thing i am thinking about :" How can i push sales ?"

Bila

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Dec 2, 2014
Ontario Canada
Time for an update : 350 registrations so far ....Good but still a lot of spots to fill yet ( the capacity is huge )

Challenges : - Admin work and finalyzing the registrations ....Hate that part.
-Focus on the program : i offer different programs in the centre, and they need my attention as well, it's challenging to not neglect the other products
-Loss of momentum : After the high of March ( it was overwhelming to receive every 5 mn or 10 mn a registration and to check the email and see 10 registrations in 30 mn ) , there was a low period ( see previous update ) it was very important to keep having the energy and drive, it was hard but i am still pushing hard.

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
550%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Hey Bila,

I'm in Ottawa as well. Have you heard of Junior Achievement? Ottawa has a pretty active one that you might be able to get a lot of great ideas from and maybe find room for improvement. My step father used to volunteer for them for quite some time but this was many years ago. I remember the kids he worked with got a lot out of these kinds of programs so I do wish yours all the best - it's a great thing for young minds to be exposed to this stuff :)

Bila

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Dec 2, 2014
Ontario Canada
Hey Bila,

I'm in Ottawa as well. Have you heard of Junior Achievement? Ottawa has a pretty active one that you might be able to get a lot of great ideas from and maybe find room for improvement. My step father used to volunteer for them for quite some time but this was many years ago. I remember the kids he worked with got a lot out of these kinds of programs so I do wish yours all the best - it's a great thing for young minds to be exposed to this stuff :)

Heyy nice to see people from Ottawa . I did hear before about Junior Achievement but dont have enough details about it. Will check it out.

Time for a quick update :
Things have been crazy to say the least :)
So far ( the program begins next week ) ....445 registrations .... 445 !!! For the first year !!!

Revenues for March : $20 350
Revenues for April : $ 17 450
Revenues for May : $25 000
The revenues could have been MUCH HIGHER if i did not offer the 30% off for multiple kids ( a 15%off would have been enough ) ......A costly mistake, my fault for not doing due diligence and taking impulsive decisions. LESSON LEARNED the hard way.

But i am very happy for the direction that my center is taking. I owe a lot to this forum. 6 months ago i would not have dreamed seeing a 5 figures revenue per month .
I take all my coffee breaks on the forum, searching archives and reading progress threads ....and sometimes participating in controversial topics :innocent: :halo:

A lot of things are changing in my center and the direction i am taking ( hint : i am not renewing my commercial lease and no, it's not an impulsive decision )

Thanks @Vigilante, @MJ DeMarco @IceCreamKid and all others who help people like me go from " amateur" to a more accomplished business woman/ man .....And i feel that the best is yet to come.

Updating soon with exciting news.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.