The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

You Can Turn Hate Into A Win?

Anything related to matters of the mind

AlterJoule

Busy Working.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
205%
Aug 7, 2014
I am EXTREMELY active in social media and a large portion of my energy is invested on Instagram.

Every now and again, I get malicious people posting inappropriate comments on my posts or I get down right angry people who express their frustration with me for commenting on their pictures.

When it first happened I simply deleted the rude comments on my pics and moved on. Or, when I offended someone I apologized for intruding and went about my way. But I wanted to see if I could exploit this in order to turn the situation around in my favor.

I had another random user come on to my page, which is very family oriented, and started posting very nasty and hateful things all over the pictures to screw with me. Afterwards, I wrote a full page public letter directed at the individual and explained why I was in business, what I strive to do for both my business and my family, explained what tasks I am challenged with on a day to day basis and that his actions made my day even more difficult. I explained that I was simply a hard working family man and was desperately trying to help my customers and take care of my family. Then after I wrapped up the letter, I posted a P.S with a 50% coupon code and titled it "DontBeRude" and invited him or anyone he knows to use said code. (I didn't care if he ever read it. It wasn't for him...)

I then posted it and let all of my followers and future followers see it and sat back to see what happened. All I'll say is I have been EXTREMELY happy with the results and it worked exactly the way I imagined. These kind of things can be very viral in nature. Instead of quietly cleaning up the mess and moving on, see if you can give your current and future customers a glimpse into your life. Use social media to show them that you are human and that you are there for THEM. Let them know how hard you work and gain their respect. It might just pay off in more ways than you think.

As for the ones who get angry...

I always reply again with a short description of what I am trying to accomplish and provide a 20% off coupon code using their user name as the code.

I once had a girl get pissed off and re-post a screen shot of my and her comments as well as the coupon code rebuttal and she was chastised by her own friends and it yet again resulted in money in my pocket. I know my products and services ACTUALLY matter and that they NEED to be shared so I have zero shame or guilt in plugging it everywhere I go. Don't be afraid to rebuttal angry people. Worse that can happen is they stay mad. That doesn't affect me.

I invite you all to give this a try... Can you turn hate or anger into a win?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
Great post @AlterJoule.

There have been many times that I have converted an angry customer into a loyal one that recommends you to everyone they can. Admittingly to do this most affectively I have found that calling them up worked best (as they are buying physical products off a web site I had their contact details).

It is surprising how people change their attitude when they speak to a real person rather than a faceless/voiceless entity that is nothing more than pixels on a screen. I tended to ring them as soon as possible after their email complaint hits the inbox as it often puts them on the back foot. They realise you are responding to the rude and aggressive email they sent and immediately think you are going to retaliate in a likewise manor. When you show kindness and understanding and offer them solutions to their issue they often apologise for the the content of their email and are bowled over to have someone care for them as a customer.

A much harder trick to pull off online but you can easily see the rewards in sales. Mine is mostly PR and in getting a loyal customer who will come back again and again.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.