The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Yelp like website for online shopping products

Do you think it is a good idea?

• YES

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NO

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

iaminsearch

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Feb 18, 2016
Every time I see a review on Amazon and other sites, I get a feeling that those are written by merchants or companies.
So my idea is:
To create a "genuine review" site for e commerce products. (Something like YELP)
Create an affiliate site with all the products on Amazon(and other competitors).
Get people to post reviews on my site only after they buy the product from my affiliate link.
Here comes the trick.
Being an affiliate, Amazon gives me commission. I will transfer the whole commission to buyer ONLY after they write a Honest and detailed (like more than 100 words) review both about the Product and Merchant.
Like there are differences between answers written on Yahoo Answers and Quora, I need people to write really helpful reviews like on Quora.
Even though I may not earn money in initial days as I will be transferring whole commission to customer, people may trust my website for genuine reviews written by people who actually bought the product. After my website gains popularity, I only transfer part of my commission to customers.
These are the points which I feel as impediments.
E Commerce sites are surviving on investors money and giving huge shopping discounts. If at all my website gains popularity and most people buy directly from my affiliate link as I am also giving away the highest commission possible, those sites would suffer heavy losses. If they decide the same, would they ban my affiliate link?
So my biggest concern is that I would be working on the mercy of those e commerce sites.
What do you think?

Please post your thoughts - either positive or negative. If you want to bash my idea, you are welcome. But, please let me know why. Suggestions are welcome.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

mrarcher

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Jan 26, 2016
Scotland
It's just my 2 cents but I just go by the reviews with amazon verified purchase next to them

Supa

Came for the $. Stayed for the Ice Cream.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
286%
May 27, 2015
Germany
how about an intro thread before you ask for advice?

Supa

Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
286%
May 27, 2015
Germany
Didn't get you.

You mention that on amazon a lot of reviews can be "paid for" in form of giving a cashback to reviewers.. but this can happen on every reviews page..

mrarcher

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Jan 26, 2016
Scotland
Wouldn't you write a review for an extra 7 -15 % cashback straight into your bank account?
Yes but how likely is it I would use the site? I would have to find you before amazon. Follow your link and buy through amazon. All instead of just going to amazon. People, especially with the internet want the easiest and most straightforward way to do things.

Supa

Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
286%
May 27, 2015
Germany
Yes but how likely is it I would use the site? I would have to find you before amazon. Follow your link and buy through amazon. All instead of just going to amazon. People, especially with the internet want the easiest and most straightforward way to do things.

Yep not seeing a real need for that type of website.. I also think that most consumers don't think too much about fake reviews, as long as there are more than 10 reviews on a product.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

iaminsearch

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Feb 18, 2016
I thought of something like this. Make the customer write review only after 30 days. If they claim refund for their purchase within this period, amazon will not give me commission and I won't let the customer write review. Companies can tweak this by ordering a product, writing an awesome review and claim refund. Hence this 30 day rule.

Anyways, appreciate your opinion guys. I am going to think about a different one now.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.