The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Writing my first book

Private Witt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
221%
Feb 20, 2018
Oklahoma
I'm not in retail but really enjoying this book so far. I enjoy your writing style as it gets to the point. Im about to get to the chapter Dealing with Difficult People, which is something I need a lot of help with!

I think those who are developing and tweaking their leadership styles would benefit from reading this book by a professional deep in the trenches.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

steelandchrome

Author of The Retail Leader Book.
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Nov 6, 2016
Goodyear Az
Well I finally had a day off work and decided to just go ahead and launch my book on Amazon with no mass emails, marketing, etc... I know this isn't the best strategy, but I wanted to just get it up and out there and can rerelease later if it makes sense to do so.
The Kindle version is up now and hopefully the print on demand version will be up shortly as well. If you were one of the people who read it for free and you wouldn't mind rating/reviewing it for me it would mean a lot! If this is allowed I will also throw it out there that if you buy my book on Amazon and are not happy with it for any reason I will personally refund your money if you show the order and PM me here.

Anyways, Please check it out and I hope you find it valuable!

steelandchrome

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Nov 6, 2016
Goodyear Az
So as of a week or so live I have 4 sales, 2 from USA, 1 from UK, and 1 from Italy. (Not exciting, but I'm proud that they have sold either way and not to anyone I know). I have 3 reviews which I truly appreciate all from members of this forum (You guys rock!!) I spent $75 or so between Amazon ads and FB ads and neither one resulted in a sale that I am aware of but I got some insight into the keywords that people clicked on for Amazon at least. I'm planning to order some author copies and send out to a few dozen people in hope of some publicity/reviews and once it has been live for 30 days I'll drop the price for a week or so to try and get some ranking exposure. I should have followed some of the advice and built up a following prior to launch which I would strongly suggest any other writers do as they start writing and not waiting like I did. It is a lot easier to promote to a captive audience than to figure out how to paid advertise to random people.

Anyways, Love all the help on the forum and I've learned so much from @MTF @ChickenHawk @Vigilante @JScott and a ton of others! Thanks again to all who post on the forum and to all those lurkers just reading, take action even if it doesn't turn into your great success story it builds habits and character for the next go round!

steelandchrome

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Nov 6, 2016
Goodyear Az
Well update after another week or so... No new sales but a few people have read on KU. I have tried 3 different ads on FB with no success and just $100 wasted. The amazon ads have also been not the best for about another $40. I'm going to try linkedin ads this week most likely and see what I can come up with there.... Anyone have any insights in where to advertise or how to do something a bit different I am all ears. Anyone with a big influence audience that this could fit with I'm happy to profit share 50% of all royalties that come from your recommendation post to your audience for the next 2-4 weeks depending on how it all goes. Anyways, crossing my fingers for the next sale.

steelandchrome

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Nov 6, 2016
Goodyear Az
Planning on actually pulling this off and releasing under my real name but haven't fully made that call yet. In the meantime I plan to build up a bit of following under that name and see what I can do, write articles, etc....

Either way another two ebooks sold in Italy and none have come from advertisements so that's odd why so many sold there but I'll take it ;)

steelandchrome

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Nov 6, 2016
Goodyear Az
Hello all,
Please find the link to my book "The Retail Leader" which was recently released on Amazon. (should be on a free kindle promotion now for the next 4-5 days so I would appreciate any support to help ranking).

The book is about leadership in general and how to apply to retail, sales, and people management. Whether new to leadership or a tenured manager you will find something of use to you in your fastlane ventures in this book. Those of you who employ store managers, assistant managers, etc this is a great tool for training without holding hands.

Check out my book The Retail Leader at https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07TY9KN2Q for FREE the next few days!!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.