The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Would something like this be helpful to you?

DustinG

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Mar 28, 2011
I've had an idea for a while that I'm hoping to get some feedback on, since entrepreneurs like everyone on here would be the target market. And since I believe it's all about execution, I'm not worried about giving away the idea (and maybe it's a bad idea to begin with).

I've thought about creating a website dedicated to the best resources for entrepreneurs and small businesses. Something sort of along the lines of Google's entrepreneur page (Resources ? Google for Entrepreneurs), but much better. The site would feature the best small business resources for different categories. For example, for people looking to start an eCommerce business, the goal would be to essentially walk them through finding a site to register their business, choosing eCommerce software, getting a logo & graphics designed, finding a payment gateway, selecting accounting software, finding SEO firms, etc.

It would essentially be a marketplace of small business software, and service companies. I would also hope to feature things like a calendar of conferences geared toward entrepreneurs and startups. I think letting people review different businesses would be helpful too (more like an Angie's list geared to online business).

I'm not exactly sure how something like this would make money (I wouldn't really want it to be an affiliate site), but I'm just curious if something like this would be helpful to people.

Thoughts?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Deanna

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Sep 29, 2012
Arkansas
How would you make money? Subscriptions? Ads by business on your sites?

So these wouldn't really be businesses you could commend, since so many across the world...you said like an Angie's list, so members would rate the services as they use them?

nzerinto

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Aug 1, 2012
Toronto, Canada
I'm not exactly sure how something like this would make money (I wouldn't really want it to be an affiliate site), but I'm just curious if something like this would be helpful to people.

Thoughts?

Figure out the possible ways you could monetize the site:

1. Advertising (offering companies banner space, or higher position/featured area in the listings).

2. Lead gen (although this is essentially affiliate marketing which you don't want to do)

3. Membership - perhaps offer the "full" site for paying members, free members only see part of the site.

There are probably other methods, but these come to mind first....

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.