The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Worth a punt?

Adam_C

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
15%
Feb 2, 2008
uk
Instead of further hi-jacking Amails thread:

:thumbsup:

So after perusing this thread, I did what anyone would. I started looking through Alibaba, seeing something cool and then finding a billion other people selling them via Ebay or Amazon.
I finally found something that isn't really sold here and i've just fired off a quick price message to them. (I stole your enquiry template :D )

(Theres some currency conversion here, so it might be slightly off.)

I found a product which you can buy for $2 a piece with free shipping, which is £1.28-ish.
Theres two sellers on Ebay for £6.99 with free shipping.
One guy on Amazon £14.99 + £4.99 shipping, the reviews say it's not worth that.

The ebayers after shipping and fees and messing around going to the post office etc, I worked out they make £3 an item.

My idea is to sell it fulfilled by Amazon for £4.99, this gives me around £1.85 profit and no hassle. I think people prefer to be fulfilled by Amazon and I think the pricing is closer to what people would actually pay for it.

Theres a slickdeals type site over here and if this price was posted, I could shift the volume of units, i'd need to make some profit.

Can you ship from China straight to Amazon?
The UPC codes, you need a barcode first?

Anyway, thoughts?

This thread was longer, but my token timed out. :(

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

wade1mil

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
246%
Jun 29, 2011
My idea is to sell it fulfilled by Amazon for £4.99, this gives me around £1.85 profit and no hassle.

Remember that Amazon also charges $1 per order to fulfill your orders, plus storage costs. Sounds like you would be left with pennies of profit, if any.

Can you ship from China straight to Amazon?

Yes, but Vigilante said don't because you don't want Amazon going directly to the manufacturer and cutting you out.

The UPC codes, you need a barcode first?

Yes. Amazon.com Help: Guide to Bar Codes

Dezzamondo

Indefatigable
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Mar 11, 2012
Worcester, UK
Grab a sample for yourself and test it on eBay before you go and buy a load. If people are already buying them for 6.99, then the chances are people will STILL buy them for 6.99.

Have a play and feel the market. Even if those guys are profiting £3 for every £1.28 spent, its still a ~200% overall profit... which is pretty awesome! Its certainly a fun game to play if you're up for it!

Adam_C

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
15%
Feb 2, 2008
uk
Remember that Amazon also charges $1 per order to fulfill your orders, plus storage costs. Sounds like you would be left with pennies of profit, if any.

Sell for £4.99, Amazon take £1.88, which is £3.11, minus the item cost = £1.85.

Yes, but Vigilante said don't because you don't want Amazon going directly to the manufacturer and cutting you out.

They could, but I don't know if they'd bother?

Grab a sample for yourself and test it on eBay before you go and buy a load. If people are already buying them for 6.99, then the chances are people will STILL buy them for 6.99.

Have a play and feel the market. Even if those guys are profiting £3 for every £1.28 spent, its still a ~200% overall profit... which is pretty awesome! Its certainly a fun game to play if you're up for it!

If I do it, my strategy would be to hit fast and hard. Start off with 200 units.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.