The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

World's biggest industrial fair: Hannover Messe

#nowhere

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
Jan 29, 2016
Germany
Hey guys,

since I want to get the most of my stay at the fair tomorrow I would like you to brainstorm in short, what I can do (maybe uncommon things...) to push my fastlane adventure...
It's the biggest industrial fair in the world, or claims to be the biggest... Idk, but what I smell is opportunity. To not let go opportunities I ask you to brainstorm in short, what would you suggest to to at such an event as an upcoming entrepreneur? Or would you hardly ever go there??
(This is the fair: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hannover_Messe)

I know.. Such fair can spark ideas. I have ideas in the industrial (production-) field. Will get some news on this too. But I'm asking for additional approaches.

Maybe someone wants that I look up something for him.. No problem! Shoot me a pm :)

So in general my plan is:

-go look up informations / potential competitors / developments on my fields of interest
-wander around and let my mind wander too to spark new ideas
-Attend a few lectures on importing from china
-Attend a few lectures on exporting to the USA (since the fair has the USA as the partner country)
-look up some chinese manufacturers on high-tech equipment and hopefully get in touch (think that depends on my own abilities to make it work)

Maybe someone can contribute one or another point. Highly appreciated! :)
(My offer is for real: Maybe someone wants that I look up something for him.. No problem! Shoot me a pm)

See you soon and thank you!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

million$$$smile

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
703%
Dec 25, 2012
Midwest
Great opportunity to see new technology but I would think it would be somewhat overwhelming if one doesn't have a clear focus on what he is looking for. Personally I wouldn't waste my time on importing and exporting lectures as it will be somewhat generalized and most likely can be found elsewhere after the show.

I would definitely try to meet with manufacturers/reps that you could potentially get involved in business with. It would mean perhaps eliminating 98% of the products being shown for the few that you might be able to afford doing business with as a startup. Don't waste your time on 'shiny objects' that is beyond the scope of you personally benefitting from in business (if that is your plan)

As an example I could see myself making inquiries about industrial 3D printing and the like. Possibly digging deeper and finding some type of accessory item that could be utilized in different makes/brands of a particular group or category of products that you could sell/distribute. Unless you have pockets full of money that might be the way to really utilize your time.

Ask questions. Think outside the box. Can this product be used in a market that isn't being served yet? If you ask the right questions and talk to the right people you could possibly find a product that could change your financial future.

I have gone to the USA National Hardware Show here in America and that alone was overwhelming even though I had a clear agenda before I went.

I wish you the best of luck.

I really hope you find something or meet someone that could change your future for the best.

Please let us know some details after you have attended this show!

R

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.