The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Working My Way To -MY- Website

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

RWH3

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
May 22, 2014
Hey guys. So i've decided that I want to build a website. It fills a large need that i've observed. I don't have any experience whatsoever with websites so i'm going to hire it out. It's fairly complex and would be pretty custom so it'll cost a bit. I think. I haven't actually gotten a quote, but i'm not exactly worried about the specifics at the moment. Right now I have a wife and newborn son to provide for so first things first. Need to get a good job for the time being. Odd jobbing it just doesn't sit well with me anymore.

My dad works on the oil rigs, and i've decided to do the same for the time being. Bout 60-70k yr starting out and I get every other week off (week on week off). I like that. Build some cash quickly (to fund the website, cuz im broke. Seriously, after paying bills i'm thankful that I have a whopping quarter tank of gas in my dodge neon :D), and I get plenty of time off to build/manage/start my website. So... here I am. Step 1. Getting that job.

I'll post updates as they come. Starting with when I get the job. Oh, and don't think that going from broke to 70k a year is gonna make me get all cushy and lazy. I have a Fastlane to chase down :)

RWH3

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

RWH3

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
May 22, 2014
Getting a job in the oilfield with no experience is harder than I thought. Even with my dad currently in the field... I've been diligently filling out application after application, and finally received a phone call. A few days ago I made a 5 hr trip for an interview in Oklahoma City, but had to take an "integrity" test on the computer. Well, it shot me down so I'm not eligible to work for them ever again. So, I drew up a resume highlighting all the bazillion things I learned in 2 years of training in Aviation Maintenance school, and highlighted in bold the things that would prove beneficial to their industry.... Something to make them consider hiring me instead of any random Joe out there with no experience. I dug around and noticed that alot of the larger companies were part of an organization, so after digging around I went to the organizations website and found a gold mine of oil companies nation wide. I've just applied to over 20 of them.

Does anybody familiar with the oil industry know where alot of hiring is going on right now? Most notably locations in Texas or Louisiana? Alot has changed in the last couple years, and most places like ND require experience even for entry level positions. Everything is slowing down a bit and now they can afford to be picky.

I have a job at the moment, and I'm saving money... This is just a way for me to accelerate the process.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.