The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Work-out website

Skys

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Dec 20, 2011
The Netherlands
Yesterday I was laying in bed. I just started a new work-out and was reflecting on it's strength (every 6-8 weeks you need to change your work-out)
Then I realised how difficult it was for me to learn how to develop my own training schedules. In some of the sportschools I went too, they did not make them for the members.

Wouldn't it be a cool idea to have a website that allows you to download template workout?
It seems kind of passive to me.
Download a work-out for 1$.

Would this idea be fastlane?
I am not saying I am going with this idea, I am more trying to get my ahead around bringing value instead of wanting to make money. I think my idea would be valueable

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

futhey

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Jun 18, 2012
I've seen this before, I think there are already some nice apps that let you build custom workouts and track your progress... I think I've even used one before... But a nice app that targets a similar unmet need is definitely an opportunity!

Skys

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Dec 20, 2011
The Netherlands
Ahhh..That's where I went 'wrong' with this one :) "Has It been done before and can I do it better" :)

tormat

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Jun 28, 2012
US
Is it so much about "it has been done before" or more about how can I make it new and fresh and unique?
I mean online banking was first done in the 70s, and noone had a computer to do it with, or tablits came out in the 90s and they didn't last long at all.

Sometimes doing something that has been done in a new way can really start an avalanch. But like you said it has to have a ton of value for people if they are going to want to use it.

Skys

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Dec 20, 2011
The Netherlands
Yes. I don't have to invent something new, just do it better.
I don't think I can in this case. But, I do like the idea.

tincho1492

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
73%
Aug 7, 2011
Uruguay
Didn't take the time to look for this but I would pay for a service where I can download/view a workout recommended by reviews or experienced trainers.

Personally I kind of hate to change my workout every 6 weeks, I mean, I do it but I would pay for a quality service that tells me what I should do next in order to achieve my goals (strenght or gain muscle).

Skys

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Dec 20, 2011
The Netherlands
Didn't take the time to look for this but I would pay for a service where I can download/view a workout recommended by reviews or experienced trainers.

Personally I kind of hate to change my workout every 6 weeks, I mean, I do it but I would pay for a quality service that tells me what I should do next in order to achieve my goals (strenght or gain muscle).

So boys and girls. We have something here. Who wants to make it into reality with me? :D

futhey

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Jun 18, 2012
I'll follow up on this and provide what I know.

Two of the Apps I use occasionally are runkeeper and endomondo. Both claim about 10 million free users. BUT these apps only track running.

I have used apps before that allowed you to track weight training workouts,

Work-out trainer shows you how to do a lot of different exercises, puts them together in workouts, and makes recommendations. And, it's currently free.

Additionally there are several highly rated paid apps that develop workout schedules for you.

I'm not discounting the direction you're going with this, but you need to better define your 'need'. (I.E. People need food. That observation isn't going to make you a millionaire restaurateur.)

Why not start using these and figure out what you can improve? Figure out what they're not doing. Figure out what the market wants.

I think something that allows you to track your stats, rank your fitness goals, and develop custom workouts based on workouts developed by experts would probably find a market. You would have competition though...

healthstatus

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Apr 11, 2011
Indianapolis, IN USA
There are two markets in the exercise world, those that are knowledgeable and the newbies. Knowledgeable ones are like, I need a new HIIT routine with kettlebells, newbies are I need to start working out, but have no idea of the how, how much, or how long. Might be a good idea to focus on one or the other....

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.