The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Words are weapons

Anything related to matters of the mind

W4RHRSE

High Speed, Low Drag
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
139%
Mar 10, 2016
Central Virginia
Words.

We use them daily, but may never stop to listen to what they are acultually saying. However, in business (maybe more than any other place), it is not WHAT you say, but HOW you say it. Some of us are able to understand this and capitalize on it.

What about our own words and how they explain how we view things, situations, ourselves.

A few years ago I got in the habit of saying "You're (it's) killing me!" It was a nice little quip to just say how I felt without thinking if the possible toll that cute retort was causing.

There does seem to be plenty of backing for the idea you are what you think and mind over matter.

So, what happens if we think posative? This is easy enough to answer by asking you to just hang around posative people.

Personally, I have an allergy to negative people. Regretablly, some of the closest people to me have been negative. There have been some that were so negative I swear if you put them in a dark room, they'd develop! But that is their life... Not mine. I much prefer a good can-do attitude! Besides, what would you rather listen to... Bitching and moaning, complaining and groaning? Or where you are going, how you are going to make it happen? It seems like an easy choice to me.

Fake it until you make it. I am sure this does not mean wreck your credit to go out and buy a newer Audi, Benz, Ferrari or Lambo... But planted in the mind, this will pay dividends!

Dont worry about where you came from, your IQ (or the lack there of), where you are at in life, your age, bank account balance, or any other factor that stymies you... They are all irrelevant to a strong will!

It is obvious to me that you have a will and desire to achieve or you wouldn't be in this fourm. But perhaps you are a devout Slow Laner... You can still achieve good things by having a posative mind!

I have never been one to like the term "hustle". It has such a negative feeling and sound to it. I prefer " game". It makes it all seem so easier and less negative to me. When I think of a hustle, I think a man on a street corner with three solo cups and a ping pong ball. So it is not a way that I want to express my business or the outlook I have of what I am building. Sure, you can hustle someone into buying an item from you, force them to buy it by over selling it and you will receive nothing posative from the sale.

Help a person in their life and they will become spokespersons for you and your product. Don't believe me... What was the last great movie you saw? I am sure after you saw it you told at least 3 friends how great a movie it was. This exchange has more impact than the creates ad campaign. So be personable to your customers and the ones around you.

If you are trying to establish a business or brand and the people who you hang around with all the time see you unkept and dressed in ratty clothes, swearing every other word and acting on about stupid things, how serious are those who know you going to take you (or your brand).

Hey, that description above was me not that long ago. And I wondered why I wasn't taken seriously.

Maybe you don't need a suit, perhaps you like white t-shirts, that's cool! No problem! Wear a clean one that has been hung on a hanger instead of crumpled and stuffed in a drawer.

Perception is powerful. And eyes will be watching you.

I wish I could say I have a big revelation at the end of this. But that can only be found by you. Be posative, be friendly, be happy. Treat each other right and enjoy your life! Even if it is only a used Accord in the driveway instead of your dream car... Keep smiling and posative! Jeep striving and growing. You WILL be there soon.

Use the words to build you up and not tear you down.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

OldFaithful

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Mar 11, 2016
Northwest Indiana
in business (maybe more than any other place), it is not WHAT you say, but HOW you say it.
Quite true! Just a few weeks ago, I printed out the following in large bold font and hung it on my cubicle wall (in my current slowlane job).

"Never communicate by email! Always use the phone! Only send Data by email!"

I'm learning to practice better communication skills. Many times an email goes unread, or the reader fails to comprehend the content. I've found that the only way to really communicate is to talk with the person. You can better judge if they understand the conversation, and follow-up with probing questions as necessary. You are correct, the "HOW" of the conversation cannot be easily conveyed in writing. Voice inflection, sarcasm, questioning tones, hesitation and the like...these don't translate well in written business communication.

Personally, I have an allergy to negative people. Regretablly, some of the closest people to me have been negative. There have been some that were so negative I swear if you put them in a dark room, they'd develop! But that is their life... Not mine. I much prefer a good can-do attitude! Besides, what would you rather listen to... Bitching and moaning, complaining and groaning?
I can't seem to get away from the most negative people in my world. I work with them at my slowlane job every day! They are both a parasitic drag and quite motivational at the same time though. They are one of the reasons I can't wait to switch to my own business, so that I can eliminate the negative people from my life!!!

Thanks for the reminders! Very encouraging.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.