What's new

Wondering if I could patent a couple features on a new software.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

mikekob

Regular Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Joined
Oct 29, 2013
Messages
235
Location
Denver, CO
Rep Bank
$965
User Power: 198%
Hi guys,

Things are moving along and as I'm getting my product built I had a couple questions.

I have a simple data collection software but it uses a a few additional features none of my competition has. As I am building this I'd like to protect my ideas. Am I able to patent such features, which are more concepts than an actual thing, so I can prevent others copying them as I am such a small business as of now?

An example of a feature is the field person to facetime with another one of our devices at a director type location. Paramedic to doctor at a receiving hospital. Or the sending of info to another location for notification.

They are really just a use of Face time and messaging but the application has never been done before.

Mike
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom