The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Why do I feel like I am to late?

Stevens864

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Dec 27, 2011
First of all I am very thankful I stumbled onto this site. I am a 26 m Who had finally stepped out of his shell and is ready to burst with energy and motivation. I am a late bloomer due to family issues. I feel like college might not be the best idea especially if I am not sure where I want to invest my time and life too. Just asking for any suggestions on what people did when all of there positive energy and motivation is spilling out of there ears but can't find a way to apply it to something bigger. Please don't mistake me for a whiner who is expecting things. This site seems like it will be very useful and I am glad I came across it.
Steven

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

yveskleinsky

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Jul 26, 2007
Hi Steven,

Well first off you aren't a late bloomer. :) Second, have you read the book yet? There's a lot of basics that are covered in there, and it's a great place to start. In the meantime, just start reading posts in areas that interest you. Welcome! :)

Pete799p

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Aug 18, 2011
I feel the same way right now. I have been just diving into anything and everything trying to find something that fits for me. I started out really broad and have been narrowing it down. I am now down to a handfull of choices at the moment and working towards them each day.

My recomendation is to look around the forum for alittle bit and then go out into the world and observe. Every where I look I see a millionaire from the buildings to the businesses in them to the products on their shelves. Then start doing anything and everything from craigslist hustling to website building etc. When I started a few months ago I didnt even know how to register a domain name. Now I can build a decent website, I am slowly learning seo(not the biggest fan of writing content), I can evaluate a realestate investment in my sleep, I can value a business, I can buy and sell things to a varying degree of success. I still have a long way to go but I am adding new skills everyday.

Good luck and welcome

911Carrera

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Aug 1, 2011
What's up with all these guys in their 20s complaining about being too old to succeed? What is this phenomenon. I thought only women complain about age like that or are you a girl?

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia
If you are alive, you aren't too late.

Pete799p

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Aug 18, 2011
I think it has something to do with all of the super young internet entrep that are killing it these days. I saw an interview with a 19 year old kid who started a furniture ecommerce sight at 16 and now is running a multi million dallar distribution company.

I know I am not too old but I definitely wish I was where I am today back when I was 18.

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia
I saw an interview with a 19 year old kid who started a furniture ecommerce sight at 16 and now is running a multi million dallar distribution company.

How many stories do you read about the kid whose father left home when she was 11 and worked as a babysitter to help mom pay rent. then when she was 16 got a job at the supermarket after school and during the summer and couldn't afford college so she started waiting tables for the next few years until she got married and had a kid.

Because that same girl started her own art gallery when she was 40 after the kid went away to college and became a huge success.

My guess is there are 500 stories of those for every 1 19 yr old kid who hit it big. But the first story won't sell advertising.

Hang in there. You only fail when you quit.

Sharp

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Nov 8, 2011
Canada
I think being late is better than never. I am 21 myself and realize I have all the conditioning and limiting beliefs from family. My parents never let me have a job or go out when I was younger as he put emphasis on academic accomplishments. I also bloomed late in every sense taking the public bus at 14 and drinking alcohol at 20. I still don't have my drivers license though I don't need it at the moment.

You could have been born rich and die rich like a heir or heiress but what's the point? Where's the growth? Where's the experiences? We need to start somewhere and pave our own way. Right now, I am confused as well but I am reading books on marketing and copywriting by Dan Kennedy. I can easily turn that into something by being a freelance copywritter and later collecting royalties. I can open up an e-commerce store for products in a niche which is very narrowed down and yet demanding. Vigilante is my hero in that category due to his tips on how he sells on ebay first to establish his brand. I can write an information product on several topics from weight loss, hair loss, etc. etc. I can do that by reading five books on the topic to see a pattern and then testing it out free on anyone who has that problem. I can also develop a brand around my own name which can coach people on lifestyle choices from jobs, business idea, a sense of direction, etc.

You are young at 26. I know people who are still lost in their 40's. Isn't that called mid-life crisis? You just need to find a direction, and take the journey. Once you put your time and start seeing the results, I promise you that you will not wonder about time. You will be thankful you did something and had a direction. Ryan Drake is an inspiration to me here as he is young and found a direction. I wish I myself was younger but that's a whole other topic based on mortality, and philosophy.

By the way, the book "The Education of Millionaires" is a must read. It provides many case studies which inspires. It's a good book to read alongside The Four Hour Work Week and MJ's book.

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia

Stevens864

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Dec 27, 2011
Never quiting and like I said not complaining. Yes I know 26 is not very old I was more asking on advice if college is a good idea in these times. I love diving into ideas and ventures. I think I am answering my own questions as I read some of the reply's so this site is very helpful. For me money is great but not everything, I want to do something I enjoy and something that help's people. Kinda a hard combination if you think about it.

Stevens864

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Dec 27, 2011
The more I look around on this site the more my appetite is satisfied. I have been searching #Movers and shakers #young motivated people.. on Bing and Google trying to find motivated people and pow here we are.

Skys

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Dec 20, 2011
The Netherlands
I am almost 29. I finally start to see what I really like to do. I went to college because that is what everybody did. I did a lot of things because of groupthinking.

I start to realise that yesterday can't be changed, and I only own today. So yeah. I started to late to be wealthy at the age of 30. I will not become the next Mark Zuckerberg (youngest biljonair ever).
I can become wealthy. I need to give up a lot to do so and I am willing.

Today I have been busy with HTML since the moment I woke up. I wanted to take several breaks already but I did not. I don't want to look back in a couple of years and have to think 'maybe I should have taken less breaks'.

That's what I have learned from it. I don't want to regret a thing anymore. Regret is so F*cking painful.

JEdwards

Legendary Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jan 16, 2011
Texas
Because that same girl started her own art gallery when she was 40 after the kid went away to college and became a huge success.

My guess is there are 500 stories of those for every 1 19 yr old kid who hit it big. But the first story won't sell advertising.

Hang in there. You only fail when you quit.

My guess, it is 1,000 to 1, If not much higher. With age comes experience.

InMotion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Mar 18, 2011
My guess, it is 1,000 to 1, If not much higher. With age comes experience.

I agree. Thanks to JackEdwards and Globalwealth for making some key points here. The media sell advertising and to do that they need readers; the 45 year old millionaire doesnt get attention like the 19 year old who just sold his/her site for $10-30 million. It just seems like everyone is getting rich in their teens and twenties because of the media; this is in no way the norm. I know of many people who are very rich today who didnt even start down any one path until their 30's and much later!

"Dont chase money, chase needs." ~MJ

JackEdwards makes a great point about age an experience; it counts. No one should feel if they are 40 then its too late for them, the only time its too late is when your dead!

A billionaire, I forget who, once said that before the advent of hedge funds, I would also add internet, you couldnt make a million before you were 40! Very few did.

So, stop comparing yourself to others, in terms of age and bank account, it will lower your anxiety. Focus on YOUR life, ask yourself and answer those tough questions. Read MJ's book if you havent already, find your overall interests, develop some savvy, uncover some needs, fill those needs, take it fastlane, money will come, and have a time doing it. :fastlane:

Skys

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Dec 20, 2011
The Netherlands
I agree. Thanks to JackEdwards and Globalwealth for making some key points here. The media sell advertising and to do that they need readers; the 45 year old millionaire doesnt get attention like the 19 year old who just sold his/her site for $10-30 million. It just seems like everyone is getting rich in their teens and twenties because of the media; this is in no way the norm. I know of many people who are very rich today who didnt even start down any one path until their 30's and much later!

"Dont chase money, chase needs." ~MJ

JackEdwards makes a great point about age an experience; it counts. No one should feel if they are 40 then its too late for them, the only time its too late is when your dead!

A billionaire, I forget who, once said that before the advent of hedge funds, I would also add internet, you couldnt make a million before you were 40! Very few did.

So, stop comparing yourself to others, in terms of age and bank account, it will lower your anxiety. Focus on YOUR life, ask yourself and answer those tough questions. Read MJ's book if you havent already, find your overall interests, develop some savvy, uncover some needs, fill those needs, take it fastlane, money will come, and have a time doing it. :fastlane:

The media F*cked me over so badly in so many ways

BrucetonGuy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
54%
Sep 28, 2011
Being 32 myself and not even CLOSE to where I want to be, I don't think that it is EVER to late to start the journey. I just think it is a little harder and there may be few more obstacles to deal with on that journey, i.e. wife, family, kids, mortgage payments, etc. However, I have a plan in mind and hope to achieve all the goals that I have set for myself (both personal and financial) by the time I reach 40. I hope to retire by 45 which is still 20 years ahead of the normal 65.

Although it is a little more difficult due to circumstances later in life, it is not impossible to reach your financial goals in the Fastlane.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.