The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Why business in Germany is "harder" then in other countries (ZDF Doku)

Losspost

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Oct 6, 2020
I just found this very fitting video. It perfectly displays what is going wrong in Germany and why you probably never want to create a business in Germany. It talks about all the problems with the bureaucracy here.

The video is sadly in German but nevertheless very interesting to watch

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1PrXUPL9_Q

Happy discussion.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Dustinaitis

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
73%
Apr 8, 2018
I just found this very fitting video. It perfectly displays what is going wrong in Germany and why you probably never want to create a business in Germany. It talks about all the problems with the bureaucracy here.

Happy discussion.

Every business and every country has it challenges ... the question is how bad do you want it?
I mean even though it seems hard to create a successful business in Germany there are many successful businesses which made it happen here in Germany. Nothing comes easy.

Knugs

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Jan 10, 2016
English Summary:
1) Business on agricultural land: Beaucracy& Building rights
2) Bakery Business: Content on Food products/ Documentation
3) General Physician: Documentation & Beaucracy requirements
4) Restuarant Business: COVID requirements/ Hygienic requirements
5) Car sales man: Sold cars waiting to be "registered"

The main issue of the German beaucratic state isnt the beaucracy itself but the processing times that are lengthy and costly. To be honest I'm glad that nobody can just build as they please (1) and its right for having food requirements and the documentation with it (2). I can empathtise with the physician but there is electronic ways to efficiently solve these issue and its his fault for not doing as the KV tells him to do (3). The (4) is harsh but we are in a pandemic and rules are rules. The car salesman (5) is just the summary of the issues.

The documentary is pretty dumb, because these things arent "innovationbremse" (holding back innovation) and they are partly due to COVID which put everything on its head. It didnt even address the issue and red tape to opening a business and how expensive and how long it takes one to do. We have lots to digitalise and there is a minefield of opportunities for tech guys to solve these B2B B2state issues. When doing business in Germany one needs to be pretty smart to navigate around legislation to succeed.

I'm glad its that complicated. It creates far less competition.

Evan.Aims

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Apr 22, 2021

Happy discussion.
Bureaucracy is a huge problem in Europe, and I think it is even worse here in Italy. Indeed the problem it's not the bureaucracy itself, instead the so called 'technical times' required for many procedures that have to pass from different offices, are the real problem. It comes at a cost, both for those who wants to start a business (here if you are a freelancer you pay around 2800 € in taxes even if your profit is zero) and to the society, that doesn't benefit from efficient (and not only effective) services. It also prompts many companies to move abroad, where a less hostile bureaucracy, combined with less taxes, makes more appealing establishing a business.

LordGanon

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
294%
Jun 22, 2020
Germany
Don't. Get. Me. Started.

Rules for everything, fines for everything, a bureaucrat for everything, but apparently no bureaucrat is responsible for _your_ thing.

Probably sounds harsh, but I consider large parts of the public sector to be retarded and in occupational therapy.

SEBASTlAN

Marketing Wizard
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Dec 22, 2014
Los Angeles
Even for an internet business? I was recently watching a dude from Germany making a killing on FBA and eventually sold it for $600K within the space of a year of launching it.

Losspost

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Oct 6, 2020
Even for an internet business? I was recently watching a dude from Germany making a killing on FBA and eventually sold it for $600K within the space of a year of launching it.
Depends on which field. If you work with customer data have fun reading DSVGO. And with the new EU-Copyright Law everything just will get harder. If your online service has any option to upload images/video/music you have to install a filter which filters our copyright protected material. If not, the website will be liable for IT.
Or better get a lawyer for it. It's not impossible, but it creates a huge entry difficulty which not everyone can afford.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.