The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Who / What / Why - Identifying Target Customer - Amos Schwartzfarb

Marketing, social media, advertising

Bounce Back

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Dec 30, 2023
Florida
As I workout I have taken a liking lately to listen to the SAAS Podcast on Spotify by Omer Khan.

Basically all of the episodes are Omer sitting down for about an hour with various founders of SAAS companies that "made it". One of the recent ones I listened to was this one with Amos Schwartzfarb: 233: Sell More Faster: A Playbook For SaaS Startups - With Amos Schwartzfarb

Now I didn't know anything about Amos going into it but come to hear an impressive track record and that he has shifted these days to basically running an accelerator of sorts for various SAAS companies out in Texas. But one thing he said I hadn't really heard quite exactly in this way and wanted to share the idea for discussion (paraphrasing here):

The very first thing you need to do is identify the "who/what/why" you are aiming to sell to. But not just generically - in fact Amos recommends so specifically that it becomes something like: "we sell to companies in the healthcare space, they are typically hospitals between 1000-5000 people, they are always private hospitals. They always use one of these three legacy softwares. There is a director of IT who has been with the company for under 5 years, and that person is typically in this age range... etc. " for just the "who" part.

He mentioned that you should feel uncomfortable after doing this exercise with how reduced your target market has become. But he said when you've done this properly it should be so narrow that you get a "yes" to the sales pitch 100% of the time, and he stressed not 99%, 100%. Only after that point you can start to expand the target.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.