- Joined
- Nov 16, 2012
- Messages
- 152
Rep Bank
$590
$590
User Power: 112%
I was hiking around the property the other day and came across a sign that had been posted by the forest service. The sign was where my property met up with the national forest. It said (and I’m paraphrasing) that ‘Should you so much as take a rock off the national forest service, you’ll be subjected to either 6 months in prison of a $250 fine.’
My first thought to reading the sign was that I much rather pay the 250 than spend 6 months in jail. Then I looked at the sign closer and realized it was posted in 1906. Obviously money’s value has changed…but the time (in jail) has not. Six months is still six months. Tomorrow the dollar might not be worth the paper it’s printed on, or it might be the king of currency. However, time is precious no matter what country or time period you find yourself in.
My first thought to reading the sign was that I much rather pay the 250 than spend 6 months in jail. Then I looked at the sign closer and realized it was posted in 1906. Obviously money’s value has changed…but the time (in jail) has not. Six months is still six months. Tomorrow the dollar might not be worth the paper it’s printed on, or it might be the king of currency. However, time is precious no matter what country or time period you find yourself in.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
