I was looking for relevant content to share on my Facebook Community Page recently ... when it dawned on me ... rather than sharing someone else's content ... I should be the one creating the content.
After all ... if I create the content ... and people share it ... I'm thinking that might do a nice job of attracting eyeballs to my core business (which I can advertise in and around the blog).
So I looked into Wordpress.
One of the things that concerned me (right off the bat) was WP sites being spam magnets. I also read up about some plug-ins designed to cut down on the spam.
But then I thought to myself ... my goal is not to host an actual online community or sell third-party advertising ... my goal is to create articles for sharing on (other) social media outlets ... to generate awareness of my main business.
So if I eliminate the "comment" function altogether on WP ... wouldn't that solve the spam problem ...?
Why not let them do the "commenting" on Facebook instead ...?
What do you think ...?
The other question ... is whether I should host the WP blog on my main (business) site ... or somewhere else.
On one hand ... I suspect hosting in on my main site would help boost my SEO. And having my site's name in the address bar (mybusinessname.com/blog) would be a nice added plug.
On the other hand ... I am a little concerned that hosting it on my main site might make my (main) site indirectly vulnerable to WP hackers ...?
Again ... I don't know (so I am asking). Never used WP before. Not a "blogger" (so to speak).
Should I host a "comment-free" blog on (a sub-directory of) my main site ...?
After all ... if I create the content ... and people share it ... I'm thinking that might do a nice job of attracting eyeballs to my core business (which I can advertise in and around the blog).
So I looked into Wordpress.
One of the things that concerned me (right off the bat) was WP sites being spam magnets. I also read up about some plug-ins designed to cut down on the spam.
But then I thought to myself ... my goal is not to host an actual online community or sell third-party advertising ... my goal is to create articles for sharing on (other) social media outlets ... to generate awareness of my main business.
So if I eliminate the "comment" function altogether on WP ... wouldn't that solve the spam problem ...?
Why not let them do the "commenting" on Facebook instead ...?
What do you think ...?
The other question ... is whether I should host the WP blog on my main (business) site ... or somewhere else.
On one hand ... I suspect hosting in on my main site would help boost my SEO. And having my site's name in the address bar (mybusinessname.com/blog) would be a nice added plug.
On the other hand ... I am a little concerned that hosting it on my main site might make my (main) site indirectly vulnerable to WP hackers ...?
Again ... I don't know (so I am asking). Never used WP before. Not a "blogger" (so to speak).
Should I host a "comment-free" blog on (a sub-directory of) my main site ...?
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Last edited:
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
