The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Where in Europe is best value for an extended vacation?

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
So im looking at the site, besides the general overview prices list, I don't see anything else at all? How do I get into the "meat" of the discussion of the particular city?
Click on a city?
2015-06-06_0937.png

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Sasha Zvea

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
May 20, 2015
San Francisco
hi Rawr, how attached are you to Europe? I love Europe, Ibiza, South of France, Italy, Spain are beautiful, stylish, great parties! Unless you've never been, I rest my case. But, if you've visited some European countries already, I would recommend a little reconsideration and say you should go to Bali. I'm Russian myself, living in San Francisco. I've traveled quite a bit, and have to say Bali is my favorite luxurious cheap destination. Your $2K/month will give you everything on top of everything that you will ever want/need. Bali has incredible hotels, restaurants and parties in Seminyak, the very luxe area. And when you get tired of all the fluff and crazy drunk people, head on over to Ubud, just 2 hours away. Get yourself a Villa with a pool and just rejoice. There are plenty of awesome things to do and people to meet, lots of Russians, who own various super cool places. Plus its extra chill, no pretentious "I'm the center of the universe" mentality you'd normally see in typical cities.

Sasha Zvea

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
May 20, 2015
San Francisco
OK I played around on living expenses site linked above and BARCA and Madrid are about same, lisbon is about 15% cheaper. Sounds right to you? I figure if I go that way I'd visit both anyway. So it's between that area and Croatia right now. From people polled here and inrl it's a very even split! Thing Is I want to go for a few months, and if I went Croatia it'd be Budva, and maybe a trip to Moldova or Romania. Not sure how that goes with nightlife and girls and safety. The other option is Spain Portugal with a possible few day trip to Paris.

Lisbon, Portugal is pretty boring... dont do that.

Rawr

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Aug 12, 2007
south florida
Ag, yes that's exactly what I see. It does nothing the site on the first page doesn't do..in fact it does way less. I was thinking there is some other feature or discussion forum or...

Sasha, I've never been to western europe, so I gotta see :) I don't have a plan to come back for awhile so we'll see - I always wanted to visit the asian side, Japan in particular. Have had many friends visit bali not to mention a childhood friend pretty much moved there after HS and hasn't come back yet :) Thanks for the suggestion.

Eos

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Mar 5, 2011
England
Ag, yes that's exactly what I see. It does nothing the site on the first page doesn't do..in fact it does way less. I was thinking there is some other feature or discussion forum or...

Sasha, I've never been to western europe, so I gotta see :) I don't have a plan to come back for awhile so we'll see - I always wanted to visit the asian side, Japan in particular. Have had many friends visit bali not to mention a childhood friend pretty much moved there after HS and hasn't come back yet :) Thanks for the suggestion.

https://nomadforum.io/?utm_source=nomadlist.com @Rawr

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia
Lisbon, Portugal is pretty boring... dont do that.

I completely disagree. Great food (esp if you like seafood), great wine, laid back atmosphere, nice weather, nearby beaches and cheap to live.

Rawr

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Aug 12, 2007
south florida
So, a little update. Started with 1 week in barcelona, then a week in ibiza, then a month in Palma mallorca, now back for a month in barcelona. Honestly, Mallorca is amazingly beautiful, one of the top beatuiful places in the world, but no more than a week. Ibiza is great for 4 days, it is wild sister of mallroca where the latter is posh and looked after. Having a great time in barcelona. AIrbnb is usually a ripooff, lets say a month is 700-900, where local listings median price is 400-500. I always try to book 1 month stay which is like 1/3 cheaper then doing day to day on airbnb. Barcelona is beatiful, tons of tourists from all over, tonight in one club met british, toronto, french, italian, etc.. its almost too much when you just want to meet locals. Palma was great for that though.

My visa ends in a month I am wondering if I should check out some other EU countries for a week or so, and where to go outside shengen zone next. Is greece outside of it yet? Would like to stay warm, so possibly thailand starting in oct @JasonR but 3 months in thailand, is that just too much?

I'll be in Greece until at least the end of July, then leaning heavily towards Montenegro for August and then maybe to Serbia or Romania for September if I've had enough of the sea by then. If you (or anyone else) end up coming out this way let me know.

What are you up to now?

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
@JasonR but 3 months in thailand, is that just too much?

As much as I loved Thailand, 3 months is pretty long there. I spent 2 months in Thailand exploring all over. I hope you like the heat! That being said, I would book a one way and see where that takes you. You may want to stay longer you may not. Flying in Asia is cheap (AirAsia) - a one way ticket to Bali can be less than $100. So keep that in mind if there are more places you want to see in Asia. There's a lot to see.

I'm going on month 3 in Bali and I don't want to leave...you just may find a place like that and choose to stay for a while.

If you're in the Bangkok area in the middle of October look me up. There's a large entrepreneur meet up - I'll be there.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gsuz

If you want the crown, you gotta take it
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
242%
Jul 3, 2012
Barcelona is an amazing city, make sure to check out Sagrada Familia if you haven't yet, quite impressive.

You could make a short trip to Lloret de Mar if you want to party, shouldn't be more than an hour or so drive.

Since you're in Barcelona I would definitely visit South East France (Provence). Maybe take a plane to Marseille and then move along the coast. Saint-Tropez, Cannes, Nice and maybe even visit Monaco. You then have 5 amazing cities within 2-3 hours driving distance.

Rawr

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Aug 12, 2007
south florida
Saint-Tropez, Cannes, Nice and maybe even visit Monaco. You then have 5 amazing cities within 2-3 hours driving distance.

The opinion on those seems mixed, some are really let down, others like them. I think without spending $$$ there is no reason to go, no?

Jason, what is Bali like compared to Thailand?

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia
No thanks on Cannes and Nice. Never been to Monaco.

Sent from my SM-G900FD using Tapatalk

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
629%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
3074B16C-58F6-47F1-AF03-5317C75979A3.jpegF644693D-60B6-4631-9948-53962314877A.jpeg300EE30A-245D-4A0F-BA52-38F3ED5ACD44.jpeg

Tenerife, Spain (Canary islands) is great in the winter. December and it’s 75 and sunny. Beautiful old cities, non degenerate culture, low crime, beautiful hiking, beaches, pretty cheap (lunch today was $7 total for me and my girlfriend). It’s like a mix of San Diego, Italy, and hawaii while being cheaper and peaceful. The driving is amazing. Tearing up the mountain roads is so fun here and our rental car was $18 a day.

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
553%
Apr 17, 2022
Tenerife, Spain (Canary islands) is great in the winter. December and it’s 75 and sunny. Beautiful old cities, non degenerate culture, low crime, beautiful hiking, beaches, pretty cheap (lunch today was $7 total for me and my girlfriend). It’s like a mix of San Diego, Italy, and hawaii while being cheaper and peaceful. The driving is amazing. Tearing up the mountain roads is so fun here and our rental car was $18 a day.
Just looked at the map and apparently the islands are 1000 miles to the south of mainland Spain, in Africa - hence the high temperature.

Enjoy your stay!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.