The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Where do you draw the line between great idea and being delusional?

Idea threads

nomeus

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Mar 16, 2015
Today I stumbled upon a great post - "7 Rejections" by AirBnB CEO and Co-founder Brian Chesky.

You can read it here: https://medium.com/@bchesky/7-rejections-7d894cbaa084

Long story short, it's about AirBnB getting 7 rejections (from ultra smart people) before getting their first round of financing.

I understand the game of not giving up. Ever. I mean I get that, but where do you draw the line between idea being great and being delusional and thinking that that idea is great. Because for some time AirBnB staff where the only ones who thought that the idea was really great. All the other professionals and tech-investors where not excited.

So, my question is, how long do you keep going even if anyone else says that your idea is not that great? Until you run out of money?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Perry Rico

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Sep 16, 2015
Today I stumbled upon a great post - "7 Rejections" by AirBnB CEO and Co-founder Brian Chesky.

You can read it here: https://medium.com/@bchesky/7-rejections-7d894cbaa084

Long story short, it's about AirBnB getting 7 rejections (from ultra smart people) before getting their first round of financing.

I understand the game of not giving up. Ever. I mean I get that, but where do you draw the line between idea being great and being delusional and thinking that that idea is great. Because for some time AirBnB staff where the only ones who thought that the idea was really great. All the other professionals and tech-investors where not excited.

So, my question is, how long do you keep going even if anyone else says that your idea is not that great? Until you run out of money?

As long as you believe in it...keep going...
As long as your wife is not leaving you and threatend your startup fund to go for divorce settlement keep going...lol
As long as you can eat twice a day, send kids to school keep going...
As long as you are not yet in prison keep going...
As long as the idea was made on educated guess,,, keep going...

Easier said than done, ill stop on the third year if nothing happens lol

nomeus

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Mar 16, 2015
Just saw this in twitter:

@Behance: Unfortunately, passion for an idea doesn't correlate w/ market need for it. Gotta start with empathy for a problem vs. passion for topic.

I guess that is kind of a way of thinking about that.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.