• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Trading Life for a Weekend?
    Build a Business, Build a Life.
    Unleash the Dream.

Become an UNSCRIPTED™Entrepreneur.

UNSCRIPTED™ Entrepreneurship is an entrepreneurial business strategy that unleashes dreams, frees time, and explodes your incomes—but more importantly, it changes your life forever. Make no mistake; this isn’t something you “try”— this is something you live.

FREE Download (Unscripted) FREE Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

What would you do if you CANNOT get a Job ?

Discussion in 'General Entrepreneur Discussion' started by alan3wilson, Aug 19, 2017.

FORUM SEARCH

Need answers about entrepreneurship? Search FIRST! More than likely your entrepreneurial topic has already been discussed.
Powered by Google Site Search.
  1. alan3wilson

alan3wilson Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $306
    Just asking what would you do in the worst situation you cannot get a job?

what kind of hustles would you do if you have 0$ and cannot get a job ?

would you ask for alms in the street ?

GMSI7D and Nily like this.
  2. jon.a

jon.a Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $65,755
    I don't understand the question. Do you need ideas to make money to support yourself?

3. alan3wilson

Rep Bank:
    $306
    Something like that but I'm not in the worst case scenario. Just asking what hustles you would do in that case

4. jon.a

jon.a Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $65,755
    There are several good hustling threads here. Go find them.

5. JAJT

JAJT Ha Ha! Business Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $46,084
    I can't fathom a situation where getting a job isn't possible.

That being said, there's a million things you can do make money without one.

What do you want to do?

6. loop101

loop101 Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $416
    If I had absolutely nothing, and was young, I would join the US military, then use the GI bill to go to college. It's not Fastlane, but it would keep me out of jail, while I accumulated some money. If I was in the military, I would get the highest security clearance as possible, since they are worth a lot to contracting companies.

Envision, 404profound, Xeon and 6 others like this.
  7. jon.a

Rep Bank:
    $65,755
    That's exactly what I did. It may or may not be a good choice.

8. ZCP

ZCP Platinum Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $12,178
    3 card Monty....

minivanman and Fred Chevry like this.
  9. Fred Chevry

Fred Chevry Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $965
    Isn't army a job?

Anyways... probably something like this
    [​IMG]

10. loop101

loop101 Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $416

Yes, the Army is a job, but the military in general will train you as much as you want to be trained, often in things that are very expensive in the private sector. Several of my uncles went from poor farm-boys to Naval aviators. Security clearances are common in the military, but non-military it takes $100k and several years waiting. A friend of mine was a Navy SEAL in the 80s, and the first thing they said was, "Pay attention, because we are going to spend $5M training each of you." The military can help you a lot, but if you don't do what they say, they will absolutely crush you.

AgainstAllOdds likes this.
  11. TeveTorbes

TeveTorbes Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $8,208
    Can you offer anyone anywhere anything of value?

If not, you could always be a guru. Google '200 ways to make money online', then scrape that content and shovel it into 7 emails. Run traffic to an opt-in page giving away the mini course and build a list of people to sell affiliate garbage to.

Or you could be an 'influencer' and make videos about how everyone is actively trying to destroy you, the market is rigged, the invisible hand is holding you down, how you had a hard childhood, suffer from a touch of every disorder under the sun, get a dna test, find out where your great great grand pappy came from, slap that label on yourself, join a coalition and wait for adsense to drown you in riches.

Or...

Go door to door downtown and offer to clean something.

"$25 from petty cash and I'll make your windows pristine. Pay only if you're 100% satisfied."

It takes you 20 minutes, that's $75/hour.

Hustle and you can land 5-10 jobs a day.

You'll have a full 8 hours worth of work (25 jobs) by the end of your first week, then hire a friend so you can just focus on sales and keep pounding pavement.

You pay your buddy $9/hour, which means you clear $20 per job for yourself, or $550 a day, rinse and repeat.

Replace window washing with anything, garage sale arbitrage, pc repair, whatever. Adjust as necessary. What's the best job you're looking at now, pushing paper around for 30k? It sure as hell beats that.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2017
    OldFaithful, Kruiser, MitchM and 21 others like this.
  12. SquatchMan

SquatchMan Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $4,500
    Someone (@AllenCrawley maybe) in a hustler thread mentioned going door to door installing peepholes for $25/each. Sounds like a good start.

And NO I wouldn't beg for money. That's pathetic.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2017
    OldFaithful and AllenCrawley like this.
  13. minivanman

minivanman Bronze Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,972
    I've always been in the opposite situation... I wouldn't know what to do if I had to get a job. I guess I'd cry.

The saying is true. When you get sick and tired of being sick and tired.......

You will figure out a hustle to do. The first one probably won't be the best or last one but you will learn from it.

Chitown and AgainstAllOdds like this.
  14. alan3wilson

Rep Bank:
    $306
    Thank you so much! Genius ideas to put into action!

but really people fall for that kind of money making course? LOL and after you made the email list you just send them affiliate offers?

also for affiliate stuff I was thinking of making a facebook group, giving people something of value for lead magnet (email )+ get people into the group to share things and affiliate links.. can It be good strategy?

15. AgainstAllOdds

AgainstAllOdds Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $39,860
    I'd get a job. Any job. It's almost impossible not to be able to get a job if you're willing to work for minimum wage.

But let's say, in some crazy scenario, that it's completely impossible... then I'd take unemployment/welfare/food stamps.

Those programs were created (originally) to help people when they're down on their luck.

No shame in buying more time as I continue looking for a job.

16. Caramel

Caramel Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $262
    Prostitution.

Hey, it's totally legal over here! :p

17. Fred Chevry

Fred Chevry Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $965
    Woahhhh hold on man! Let's back track for a second. We were just talking about a fictitious improbable scenario in which it was IMPOSSIBLE to get a job. We're talking zombie Apocalypse or nuclear war here. Other than this, it's never "impossible" to get a job.. Why don't you tell us what your situation really is so when can help and offer realistic solutions?

This forum is one of the few that is actually legit for entrepreneurs instead of feeding them delusional fantasies on how to make quick bucks without putting in the work.

Maybe I don't understand your situation correctly, but here's how I see it. I just moved to the States and my diplomas / experience is not worth much here. I literally had to take a job flipping burgers and other gigs 6days/week while I'm building my business at night. So once again, why don't you tell us what's really happening?

Last edited: Aug 20, 2017
  18. TeveTorbes

TeveTorbes Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $8,208
    Good Lord did I just become a guru? Bro, there was only one real idea there, I was being facetious. Don't scam people. Offer something real, please.

19. sparechange

sparechange Bronze Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $904
    ive applied for a job at a bakery that rejected me because i have no experience (minimum wage) not being to get a job is a very real thing..

also gave a reference where my previous employers would vouch for me saying im a good worker...

20. Ika

Ika Too slow Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $3,376
    Not being able to get *that one* job is a real thing.

Not beeing able to get *any* job is another.

21. jon.a

Rep Bank:
    $65,755
    25 yo applying for an entry level job in a bakery. Maybe they said that just so as not to hurt your feelings.

22. sparechange

sparechange Bronze Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $904
    lol possibly

jon.a likes this.
  23. garyjsmith

garyjsmith Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,084
    If I had absolutely no money and couldn't sell a product for someone else, I'd sell used electronics. I did that for a few months last year and when I began, most people were giving them to me for free. They didn't see the value in damaged items but I knew there was a market. With the cash rolling in, I continued buying and identified other items that could be bought for little and sold high.

It'll pay the bills but it's a lot of work.

ZF Lee likes this.
  24. Almantas

Almantas Nothing to Lose Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $16,350
    You CAN'T or You DON'T WANNA get a job?

Remember: Slowlane is a mindset. Having a job doesn't mean you're a slowlaner if you've a mindset of a fastlaner.

25. Kung Fu Steve

Kung Fu Steve Platinum Contributor Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $16,371
    You could sell him a course on how to sell courses :)