Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

REAL ESTATE What would a Bank win from a Reverse Mortgage?

howard_two

Contributor
User Power
Post/Like Ratio
6%
I don't get it...Banks say they're not in the real estate business, and they are not. Yet they are offering reverse mortgages to senior citizens. The moral behind this mortgage is that people get paid a certain amount of money per month until one of two things happen:

1. The homeowners die (which the bank hopes would happen soon enough so that it can take over their homes for peanuts) OR
2. The equity in their home runs out, in which case they get to stay in their homes until they die, and then the bank takes over the house.

But isn't this what banks always try to avoid: HOLDING REAL ESTATE, that now they have to sell. I know they're must be something behind this? How do they make their money?

Thanks,

Howard :smx6:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

SoBayJim

New Contributor
User Power
Post/Like Ratio
8%
The banks don't plan on taking the property, just getting paid when it gets sold. My grandparents used a reverse mortgage to cover living expenses in their final years. Reverse mortgages are GREAT when used correctly.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.