The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What is your Motivation? What are your Goals??

Anything related to matters of the mind

CBilly

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Aug 6, 2014
Austin, TX
“People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing - that's why we recommend it daily.” -Zig Ziglar

I wanted to start this thread so we could share what our motivations behind what we do are and share our goals with each other. Everyone has a different purpose for going down the entrepreneur path, so let's feed off each other.

My motivation is to give my wife and future children a life free of financial stress. I am motivated by seeing my parents struggle financially late in life and not wanting to have to go through that. The first time I ever got on a plane, I was 18. My wife and I have been fortunate enough to travel to many great places and it's a huge passion of ours, but I want to be able to travel the world with my children and expose them to everything this world has to offer at a young age. I am motivated by the idea that I can build something that will allow me to give opportunity to others through job creation.

My goals are to create something that will produce an extra $1500/mo by Feb. 1, 2015 and an extra $4500/mo by Sept 1, 2015. I know I need to spend time focusing on the execution of my goals, and I will this weekend. I am really enjoying learning from a lot of these posts and look forward to reading Millionaire Fastlane soon.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Hope

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Jul 22, 2014
Hmm...

I was born poor enough to know the value and power of money, but not poor enough that I didn't have access to the internet and libraries as a child.

For as long as I can remember I have been on a quest to become wealthy and successful, my motivations for this are myriad, but I'll try to simplify them

Over time my reasons for wanting money have changed, like most people money to me meant materiel possession, Cars, houses, yachts, and this is what I thought would make me happy, and so I searched for wealth, and how to get it.

This was my motivation for a few years while I was younger, until one day something changed.

I was daydreaming as I often did back then, about my "average day" once I was rich, and then it hit me, I realized that after the initial high of the cars and yachts had worn off, They would become "normal" and I wouldn't really care about them much.

They would never make me happy...

And while I have no quarrel with having nice possessions, and they can be a lot of fun, I knew, thanks to my above realization, that I had to find something else worth striving for, something that would really give me constant fulfillment and happiness.

I sat down to study like I often had, but one thing was different this time, instead of studying how to get money, I studied the men that had already achieved extreme wealth, John D Rockefeller, Andrew Carnegie, and others, and I tried to find what kept them going once they were rich, what their real motives were.

These studies lead me to research more into philosophy and also the lives of other historical men, and for years I studied, and formed my own opinions, philosophies, and desires.

And while it would take too long to explain my goals and desires in this post in detail, I'll simplify them by saying that I plan on:

• Making myself the best I can possibly be in this life.
  • Giving the best life to my family and loved ones as I possibly can.
  • Helping the world, and the good people in it in a few unique ways I have planned. (Hint: Powerful NGOs.)
  • Use the knowledge and power I have as well as my future wealth to help uplift the lives of as many people as possible.

See ya on the fastlane.

~ Nathan.

ewa

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Apr 29, 2014
Straszyn
I thought it will be much more easy . I wrote my first ebook. I sold few pieces and that its. I started writing another one but lost my motivation. It doesn’t work? I spend all my time in full part time job I hate(over 200hrs/per month). After my job I’m very tired and nervous to do something creative. Finally my partner is not on my side. He doesn’t understand my plans. We are so differentL. I’m trying to read books, searching a niche, take some action but it‘s not enough to be a fastliner.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
I’m trying to read books, searching a niche, take some action but it‘s not enough to be a fastliner.

I think you can't have expectations that things will happen over night or change fast. We can lose motivation, but thinking it is something that happens fast. It's a process, and you have to be patient with yourself, and do what you can when you have the time. It's also something you have to do by yourself. Whether your partner agrees or not, or anyone else, this is about you. What do you want to do? We have to be self motivator's and part of it is believing in yourself and having faith in yourself you can do something.

The tiredness is probably draining, so you have to see the fast lane as doing something fun and creative. Not a job and why bother? The why bother, give up thing, is testing you to push through that, and find out there is something more then what you're used to experiencing. All this is a process of growth and development as well as starting a business. Take it one step at a time, one day at a time and don't overwhelm yourself with expectations of it has to be a difficult thing.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Luffy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Dec 20, 2014
My goal is to live on a nice vacation beach/island with my family relieved of any financial troubles. Obtaining money is the means to that end.

Avus

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Jun 18, 2013
My goal in life is to wake up and not have to worry about anything.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.