The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What is a waste of time, while taking action?

Martinisawe

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Dec 1, 2020
California
Maybe someone already post this already but, what is considered wasting your time while taking action?

The reason why I mention this question is because I'm getting my hands dirty on coding. See shortly before I found this books, i wanted to become a game developer, so i took community college classes on coding. Never got myself into it and was failing class, got help from my colleagues (like 90%). It was bad that my professor was very upfront to me. I learn that i HATE coding.

Anyways fast forward this week, I've been taking action on becoming a freelancer (also working with my neighbor). And decided to get into coding again, but the moment i get into it, i immediately felt sleepy, and just watched a video about "quantum computing". See I'm not bashing coding but wonder if these are the obstacles to go through to get through where i want to go at. Maybe I'm not the kind of person who's into coding?

I got another ideas like construction. Which long story short, i have plans I'll talk about it on another day. The point is when is it the time to call it quits? If I'm seriously not into it, should i just call it or keep continuing?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Mikkel

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Feb 25, 2016
New Hampshire
If you have done a project for only one week and it already makes you bored, how do you expect to compete with others who love coding and would code in their free time just for fun?

You don't have to do what you love to be successful, but you should have some sort of fire inside that drives you forward. If you can harness that drive, I say keep going. If not, find something else, as you will probably quit at the first sign of difficulty if you don't have the drive.

Martinisawe

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Dec 1, 2020
California
If you have done a project for only one week and it already makes you bored, how do you expect to compete with others who love coding and would code in their free time just for fun?

You don't have to do what you love to be successful, but you should have some sort of fire inside that drives you forward. If you can harness that drive, I say keep going. If not, find something else, as you will probably quit at the first sign of difficulty if you don't have the drive.
Thank you, i bet you get the same responses but didn't know if I should keep progressing despite hating it or stop

Mikkel

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Feb 25, 2016
New Hampshire
Thank you, i bet you get the same responses but didn't know if I should keep progressing despite hating it or stop
If you hate what you do, is it worth escaping from the slow lane job you might hate just to go to a potential fastlane job that you equally hate?

It seems to me that you are somewhat new to the entreprenurial journey. Find a skill or niche that you find intresting:
Copy writing
Sales
Marketing
Import/Export
Real Estate
eCommerce
AI
Coding
Webdesign
etc.

Start looking through the forum and read books on the topic. You don't need to become an expert on the subject, just competent enough to provide value to someone.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.