The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What if I'm unsure about my product / Testing the market.

JohnBuffet

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Feb 9, 2017
NJ
Hello all,

After getting some great help here I recently launched my website and instagram for a fitness product. It has been on sale for 3 weeks and I have not only gotten 0 sales, but I have also gotten NO interest in it whatsoever. I bought the inventory as a sample/test run to see how much interest I'd receive (I bought 10 units, each cost around 110 including shipping from China, and I am selling them for $200) . I spent the past 6 months creating a book for the product, along with video tutorials of it.

From the lack of interest, and from some of the feedback I've received I'm starting to doubt my product, and I am starting to wonder if this is possibly not the way to go. Now, I don't know if I'm just feeling frustrated from lack of sales (and I know it's only been up for 3 weeks and the instagram has just a little under 1000 followers, but still), OR if I truly think that my product doesn't provide that much value.

I don't know if I should throw in the towel, and move onto something else and the next idea, or if I should put a lot of effort, and intensity and time into doing everything I can to make this possibly work. Any advice would be helpful.

Thanks !

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Dan_Cardone

Losers make excuses. Winners find solutions.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Jul 23, 2019
What is your product?

Dan_Cardone

Losers make excuses. Winners find solutions.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Jul 23, 2019
It is a portable gym unit

If other people are having success selling them then its likely not a problem with the product itself.

Are you doing any actual marketing outside of promoting it to your followers?

broswoodwork

Intermediate User of the Flying Guillotine
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
313%
Oct 16, 2015
Hello all,

After getting some great help here I recently launched my website and instagram for a fitness product. It has been on sale for 3 weeks and I have not only gotten 0 sales, but I have also gotten NO interest in it whatsoever. I bought the inventory as a sample/test run to see how much interest I'd receive (I bought 10 units, each cost around 110 including shipping from China, and I am selling them for $200) . I spent the past 6 months creating a book for the product, along with video tutorials of it.

From the lack of interest, and from some of the feedback I've received I'm starting to doubt my product, and I am starting to wonder if this is possibly not the way to go. Now, I don't know if I'm just feeling frustrated from lack of sales (and I know it's only been up for 3 weeks and the instagram has just a little under 1000 followers, but still), OR if I truly think that my product doesn't provide that much value.

I don't know if I should throw in the towel, and move onto something else and the next idea, or if I should put a lot of effort, and intensity and time into doing everything I can to make this possibly work. Any advice would be helpful.

Thanks !
1000 people is a pretty small audience. Can you throw a few bucks at a facebook marketplace ad to test it in front of more people?

Bearcorp

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Jul 2, 2012
Australia
you need to market the product and get people to your website. Facebook ads, Instagram ads, Google ads, Amazon, Ebay, get it out there, 1000 followers on Instagram is not enough people to have any idea if the product has legs or not.

Mbc

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Jun 22, 2013
Montreal
What others have said, you haven't spent a dime on advertising yet. What is your sales funnel like? Where are people dropping off? Are they downloading the book? Are they reading it? Liking it? Have you put it on Amazon?

broswoodwork

Intermediate User of the Flying Guillotine
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
313%
Oct 16, 2015
Can we get an update on what you're going to try out when you have a chance?

Tourmaline

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 4, 2019
Texas
Link your website