- Joined
- Aug 2, 2013
- Messages
- 13
Rep Bank
$170
$170
User Power: 15%
Story:
I live in a small part of town where there is literally a restaurant just about everywhere. I drove for about 10 minutes, counted at least 60 of them within a 5-7 mile radius. Why are there so many? Well this was a very small town at first, and I'm guessing with the refineries creating more jobs, more people moved, and thus more sudivisions/chains were created. I also did some research, and found out most of these chains (Olive Garden, McDonalds, Carls Jr.) are franchises in my area, so maybe there is a monkey see, monkey do where entrepreneurs are copying a oversaturated restaurant method (like they did with the hotels before).
The Problem:

Yes, the people are becoming obese at a fast rate over here. Naturally, most would say the solution is creating a gym. Well there are 2 (going on 3 this month) in the area (2 fitness connections with signs by the Ihop), and guess who I see mainly at the gym:

Yes, the people who actually should try to become healthier are not present, but let Chik-fil-a offer a special, and you can expect the lines to be wrapped around (happens so much in this city).
Solution/Concern:
That's what I've been trying to find out, and maybe you all can shed some light on this. My question is:
What happens when too many restaurants and too many people become obese in an area?
I would say they go to the gym, or the gym drops their price, try to recruit these people, or people try to lose weight. Well here's what, these gyms have dropped their membership rates staggeringly low, they put signs out, and still people race to the Chinese restaurant nearby besides the gym.
Let me tell you a similar story. Remember where I mentioned the hotels did this over saturated method? Well guess what happened? New subdivisions were created with low prices for homes, and many people starting moving into these areas. So now, most of these hotels have very little, if decent business now (unless there is a hurricane or major holiday, which they have become a modest seasonal business). 14 hotels within the first 5 miles, and I rarely see filled parking lots.
So tell me what you guys think? Chime in.
And yes, I spelled "over-saturated" incorrect lol. My computer posted the thread when I hit backspace typing the thread name. It made 2 post by mistake, can we get that deleted?
I live in a small part of town where there is literally a restaurant just about everywhere. I drove for about 10 minutes, counted at least 60 of them within a 5-7 mile radius. Why are there so many? Well this was a very small town at first, and I'm guessing with the refineries creating more jobs, more people moved, and thus more sudivisions/chains were created. I also did some research, and found out most of these chains (Olive Garden, McDonalds, Carls Jr.) are franchises in my area, so maybe there is a monkey see, monkey do where entrepreneurs are copying a oversaturated restaurant method (like they did with the hotels before).
The Problem:

Yes, the people are becoming obese at a fast rate over here. Naturally, most would say the solution is creating a gym. Well there are 2 (going on 3 this month) in the area (2 fitness connections with signs by the Ihop), and guess who I see mainly at the gym:

Yes, the people who actually should try to become healthier are not present, but let Chik-fil-a offer a special, and you can expect the lines to be wrapped around (happens so much in this city).
Solution/Concern:
That's what I've been trying to find out, and maybe you all can shed some light on this. My question is:
What happens when too many restaurants and too many people become obese in an area?
I would say they go to the gym, or the gym drops their price, try to recruit these people, or people try to lose weight. Well here's what, these gyms have dropped their membership rates staggeringly low, they put signs out, and still people race to the Chinese restaurant nearby besides the gym.
Let me tell you a similar story. Remember where I mentioned the hotels did this over saturated method? Well guess what happened? New subdivisions were created with low prices for homes, and many people starting moving into these areas. So now, most of these hotels have very little, if decent business now (unless there is a hurricane or major holiday, which they have become a modest seasonal business). 14 hotels within the first 5 miles, and I rarely see filled parking lots.
So tell me what you guys think? Chime in.
And yes, I spelled "over-saturated" incorrect lol. My computer posted the thread when I hit backspace typing the thread name. It made 2 post by mistake, can we get that deleted?
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
